Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 12:24 AM

77 posts, read 414,991 times

Advertisements

I do not know who beecher is, but yup, the dang flies are digusting. They are also agressive....However I would rather have a fly than misquito or cockroach around. Yup, there are alot of dang flys in this here town. An they hang aroun till christmas....

Old 10-14-2007, 12:39 AM

You know what would be a nice day? To go into a grocery store,
or any place without seeing tattoos on people. I have never ever seen so many people tatooed I think it is disgusting. Don't these people know thwat they will never get a decent job or be accepted into certain places in life (If they ever plan to do anything with their lives to begin with) i mean these people are as one child called it "walking murals" It is scary to me and I have to look aqt them at Wallmart and every convenience store and everywhere.
The guy at Circle K is really full of them. Arent they gang symbols or somthing????
I suppose I could map out which places have people who are not full of tattos, like Pennys. but isnt that a dull and stupid life.
Well, just call me the rambler, thats my name.....the ditzy rambler!!!!
If anyone knows of a nice seaside town with a decent University
let me know.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 AM

Is there a University in Presott?

Old 10-14-2007, 06:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Kingman is a very polarizing town-------people either really enjoy it or hate the place.

Having lived in Mohave Co. for most of the 21st Century (presently in the Phx area); I can vouch for a lot of things in Kingman---------good and bad.

It seems to me that things in that town really deteriorate when we have one of those psychotic housing booms followed by the inevitable crash.

I was in Kingman in 1989 and it was a mixed bag as well.

My biggest gripe about Kingman is the low wages------although that will change.

Now for irony: despite the reputation that Bullhead City (50 miles away) wages are also low; I made 'Phoenix' money in my line of work

Old 10-14-2007, 09:51 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue578 View Post
I hate Kingman too.

[long rant deleted...]
Ms Blue, for the sake of full disclosure, you should mention that you don't actually live in Kingman. You live in this small isolated desert community here.

These are promotional images linked directly from the Sunward Ho website:

Photos and Maps of SunwardHo Ranches Land for Sale in Northern Arizona

It looks like a nice community as far as desert enclaves go, but THAT'S NOT KINGMAN.

Your "town" has about as much in common with the city of Kingman as humans have with the monkeys from which they descended.

Of course it's dusty and windy where you are -- you're right smack in the middle of the desert. Try moving into an actual neighborhood with paved streets, landscaping, and building codes. Of course, that would actually cost money compared to living on a patch of land that's practically free.

I have no doubt the folks who live in your area are covered in tattoos, are loud and boisterous and can't string two sentences together. They're desert people. The folks you see like this in the supermarkets and stores in Kingman are your neighbors, not mine. You made your choice to live there. However, THAT'S NOT KINGMAN.

Honestly, you don't know Kingman. As an example in another one of your posts you mentioned that it was your understanding that there are only two or three in-ground pools in town. I can assure you there are over 100 in-ground pools in town. Maybe several hundred. Prince Pools, who is only one of the pool builders in town builds around 30 a year. They're so busy you have practically have to know somebody to get them to talk to you. Half the houses on my street have in-ground pools.

Believe it or not, Kingman has nice neighborhoods, parks, good schools, day care, medical facilities, and nicely dressed professional people with teeth and a firm grasp of the human language. It's all there if you bothered to look. And since you clearly haven't, those of us who have would appreciate if you actually visited and got to know the city that you claim to live in before trashing it on the internet.

I honestly wish you the best of luck in wherever you decide to move.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
TY. kdog.

You just confirmed my belief that the city of Kingman is OK for the most part and that the county areas using the 'Kingman' name can be questionable at best.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:42 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
TY. kdog.

You just confirmed my belief that the city of Kingman is OK for the most part and that the county areas using the 'Kingman' name can be questionable at best.
You know, one of the things I like best about this area is the tremendous social diversity. There are nice neighborhoods with expensive homes, and there are also not-so-nice neighborhoods as well. And a few minutes out of town, you have desert folks living in the hills in primitive camps. I've met good people and scoundrels evenly distributed across all walks of life. Other places that I've lived in where everybody looks and acts the same are boring by comparison. I welcome the opportunity meet people who are not like me.

I feel bad for people who never venture out of their own social strata -- especially to the point where they actually deny the existence of each other.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 15,282 times
We own property outside of Kingman and it is refreshing to be out in the "Desert Country", away from the San Bernardino trash and multitude of people

Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
I live in Las Vegas.....my Aunt and Uncle live in Kingman so we visit often.....I LOVE KINGMAN

Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 AM

55 posts, read 189,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue578 View Post
Sunward Ho Ranches is about 10 minutes from town. I have a greqat place there for sale it hasw 2.12 acres, fenced, i AM extrememly motivated. PLEEEEEEEze email
me ASAP if you are looking to buy. I have an assumable loan at 7percent with Wells Fargo. Email me and I will tell you all about it if you want. it is quiet clean and safe and my home is great. lbahama_062yahoo.com....please
i dont' mean to sound despartate, ther is absulutly nothing wrong with the property, it 1506 sq ft, Please make my day. YOU CAN HAVE HORSES TOO!

WOW! Are all the residents of "your Kingman" rambling lunatics too?
I think you should let the lemonade guzzling Realtors do the selling of your home because they'd surely have to do better than your method, I'd imagine. Thought it was interesting that you went from telling everyone about your nice property and how you're not desperate to shredding every living thing in sight in less than 45 minutes!
I hope there's no more nuts in Kingman by the time I get there!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona