Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
In some cases in the Philippines there are some tribal groups that do not like head hunting, witchcraft, polygamy etc. so those other pagans who did not convert to Christianity were killing other Christians before and They attack and burn Churches. Some of the Filipinos did Chose Catholism to avoid this kind of ritual & tradition. It happened to our church and town history.
actually headhunting was only done by non-hindic filipinos....aka igorots and highland tribes who were considered savages by the more advanced and cultured hindic filipinos who came around the iron age

Visayan kingdoms were much more cultured...being influenced by Sri-vaijya empire and all

Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
In some cases in the Philippines there are some tribal groups that do not like head hunting, witchcraft, polygamy etc. so those other pagans who did not convert to Christianity were killing other Christians before and They attack and burn Churches. Some of the Filipinos did Chose Catholism to avoid this kind of ritual & tradition. It happened to our church and town history.

Actually, if you go to Visayas you will see a unique jacuzzi it was
actually originated from the witchcraft tradition.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...37039665_n.png
how about you stop spreading lies about my people..that has nothing to do with witchcraft

The kawa is an enormous cookware originally used by Antiqueños for cooking muscovado (unrefined sugar).

Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
actually headhunting was only done by non-hindic filipinos....aka igorots and highland tribes who were considered savages by the more advanced and cultured hindic filipinos who came around the iron age

Visayan kingdoms were much more cultured...being influenced by Sri-vaijya empire and all
There are some places in Visayas that do witchcraft & other places in the Philippines too. Capiz is popular place when it comes to this and they can play human paper dance moves without holding it. Some black magic thing.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
There are some places in Visayas that do witchcraft. Capiz is popular place when it comes to this.
they can play paper human dancing.
capiz is tied to aswang...some highland tribes did practice this type of stuff....but its only a minority

Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
how about you stop spreading lies about my people..that has nothing to do with witchcraft

The kawa is an enormous cookware originally used by Antiqueños for cooking muscovado (unrefined sugar).
I saw from the TV explained about the origin of the tub.
GMA7 was the one who aired it. That the tub was being used by the witchcraft before.
so now people want's to try the hot tub lol but looking at it. I don't think I want to try hehe
I might cook and boiled like 'bulalo'

Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I saw from the TV explained about the origin of the tub.
GMA7 was the one who aired it. That the tub was being used by the witchcraft before.
so now people want's to try the hot tub lol but looking at it. I don't think I want to try hehe
I might cook and boiled like 'bulalo'
you dont want to believe everything GMA7 says...they love to sensationalize things for entertainment purposes

really this talk about witchcraft in antique is all a bunch of lies...I have family there..I have been there numerous times..

Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
you dont want to believe everything GMA7 says...they love to sensationalize things for entertainment purposes

really this talk about witchcraft in antique is all a bunch of lies...I have family there..I have been there numerous times..
and also about aswang, kapre, dwarf etc. thing like 'barang' those other stuff. Siquijor is also popular.
They even make a movie about Siquijor regarding witchcraft thing. I think the title was 'Siquijor' (the Mystic Island)

Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
does your family look like this??
and Im not talking about KC concepcion
http://shannen143.files.wordpress.co...nd-igorots.jpg

Nope me and my family do not look like Igorots too...we fall in another Filipino category. My younger sister look a bit like former singer actress Donna Cruz, my brother is similar to Jericho Rosales and John Lloyd Cruz. So you see, do not stereotype every Filipino women by saying everyone look like a Chinese or Viet. There are different categories... But I should say, most Filipinos look Malay and Shamcee Supsup is a typical Filipina beauty for me.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Nope me and my family do not look like Igorots too...we fall in another Filipino category. My younger sister look a bit like former singer actress Donna Cruz, my brother is similar to Jericho Rosales and John Lloyd Cruz. So you see, do not stereotype every Filipino women by saying everyone look like a Chinese or Viet. There are different categories... But I should say, most Filipinos look Malay and Shamcee Supsup is a typical Filipina beauty for me.
so would this be typical in your family??
http://assets.survivalinternational....A30_medium.jpg

Old 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM

332 posts, read 868,150 times
They have spanish surnames because the asians there adopted the Spanish surnames from the conquistadores at that time. Only 0.1% of the populace has any European Spanish blood at all. Their ethnicities are from China mainly but can derive from other Asian countries. The Spanish had a strong influence in religion, culture, and tagalog but if you are talking about race then no they are not caucasian like the Spanish were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutre View Post
°Many of the Philippines have Spanish surnames

°Philippine languages are replete with Spanish words

°Philippine cultures in general seem to be more "Latin" compared to other Asian nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia