Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 10:06 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
It's the truth! Common sense. Why would God allow someone to be born gay? They wouldn't have a chance to go to Heaven. God wouldn't allow a person to be born gay since he prohibits it in his kingdom.
Excuse me? Who exactly to you THINK you are to be spewing such ridiculous ignorance?

This line of thought tells me you have been absolutely brainwashed.

Again, educate yourself.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Oh wow. There are really people that still people believe such primitive ignorance. At any rate, get over yourself and realize a huge number of people reject the notion that being gay or bisexual is a sin. Thankfully, more and more people reject associations with churches that teach the bigoted view that being gay is a sin, especially young Americans who are very supportive of gay equality. Fundamentalism is such an anti-intellectual and oppressive mindset.
This line of primative thinking we are witnessing just proves that those hideous political ads we had to endure DO have a target market that sucks this crap up.

Very, very scary.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 PM

282 posts, read 634,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Excuse me? Who exactly to you THINK you are to be spewing such ridiculous ignorance?

Again, educate yourself.
Are you gay? Can you explain to us the process of becoming gay? I am curious to know how it works

Old 09-23-2010, 10:51 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:

Again, educate yourself.
No, I'm not brainwashed. Come down; it's not that serious. If homosexuality wasn't so wrong, why would preachers talk against it? It's not a gift. God said in the Bible that a man shall not lie with another man. Men shall only lie with women. If we go against God's word, we what? SIN. If this wasn't so, why would it be God's words? I'm not going to sit here and get bashed by people based on what I believe and what I read. Maybe if people pick up their Bibles and stop making their own stuff, maybe, the world can be a better place. Diseases, mental problems, and disformities (s/p) are the ONLY mishaps people are born with. We need to refrain from getting scientific information. Remember, this information about people being born gay comes from scientists that said that the world was going to end in 2000. It's good that we have our own opinions about issues, but if we have opinions, we should be able to back it up with facts. We unfortunately judge people when thay are what? IN THE WRONG or DOING WRONG. Doing wrong is sinning. Sinning is an action that we as people engage in because we are born into it and not with it. If people are born gay, why aren't people born with a drug problem or with evil ways. We become what we are or do what we do based on what we see and hear. Come on now.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I had a feeling you were serious before. I find it absolutely amazing in this day and age that people still think this way.

Educate yourself, son.
Yo! Why dont You educated us on how to be gay? Id like to know the process, Lets not use the word Ignorance as a cop out.

Too all gay dudes in this forum please explain how you became gay so str8 people can understand and NOT be ignorant. Help people learn how to be gay. Please & Thank You.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
It's the truth! Common sense. Why would God allow someone to be born gay? They wouldn't have a chance to go to Heaven. God wouldn't allow a person to be born gay since he prohibits it in his kingdom.
I'm always amazed at why someone like this feels like he is an expert on the subject. When you know absolutely nothing about it, that's a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut. If you're gay, it gives you some kind of insight, but if you aren't then you have no idea what you're talking about. Are you gay? If not, then don't try to act like you know something!

City-data members' homophobic views were not solicited in this thread. The topic is the allegations against Eddie Long...so let's not continue down this path. There are threads in other sections on this site where you can rant about "choices" all you want.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Are you gay? Can you explain to us the process of becoming gay? I am curious to know how it works
The same way you "become" straight? I hear the process is very similar.

Eddie Long, people...not gay vs. straight.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
You guys are killing me. To sum it up, dude's in trouble. Someone just posted he has a church with 25,000 followers. That's crazy. At a dollar a piece, dude's coming home with $25k/week. I'm in the wrong business.
At $2/head, that's $50k a weekend. I'm getting ideas here..No, just kidding .
Correction on your math.....

These churches push their members to "tithe" 10% of their income plus give to the various multiple offerings (passing of the collection plate) each and every Sunday.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I'm always amazed at why someone like this feels like he is an expert on the subject. When you know absolutely nothing about it, that's a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut. If you're gay, it gives you some kind of insight, but if you aren't then you have no idea what you're talking about. Are you gay? If not, then don't try to act like you know something!

City-data members' homophobic views were not solicited in this thread. The topic is the allegations against Eddie Long...so let's not continue down this path. There are threads in other sections on this site where you can rant about "choices" all you want.
Man Deacon kill that noise! They brought it up first. Being gay is a sin, BUT so is smoking weed, eating pork & shrimp, prostitution & etc. Some the things I just mentioned I do and I KNOW its wrong but I do it anyway. We all do what we want to do regardless of what religious books say. We do what we want to do. Sin or no sin. Men that have sex with men do it BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
The same way you "become" straight? I hear the process is very similar.

Eddie Long, people...not gay vs. straight.
What? Dude dont disrespect me guy. I dont hate gays so again I want to know the process, if you cant answer id suggest you shut the *** up Deacon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta