Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 03:06 PM

522 posts, read 695,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Yes, it's so very, very difficult in this country to find someone else willing to express anti-Islamic sentiment!

I'm not anti-Islamic, sweetie. I'm against:

-Killing of someone for their sexuality
-Raping of women and deprivation of their rights
-Killing of Christians for being Christians
-Killing of Jews for being Jews
-Killing of Atheists for being Atheist

And any other barbaric mentality that followers of Islam have, and continue to, perpetuate.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:19 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post

And any other barbaric mentality that followers of Islam have, and continue to, perpetuate.
Yeah, all those things suck, and I honestly don't know any libs who favor them. What makes the view anti-Islamic, sweetie, is the suggestion that:

* Only (or especially) Muslims possess such a barbaric mentality
* All (or even most) Muslims possess such a barbaric mentality
* Such a barbaric mentality is somehow inherent to Islam itself, as opposed to other ancient and medieval superstitions

Old 12-15-2014, 03:25 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
Quote:

Shouldn't that be "some" followers of Islam?

My facebook feed has an uptick of woowoo Christian Fundamentalists that have also got themselves on video espousing these beliefs in front of their congregations. But that isn't ALL Christians. Right? RIGHT?!

And should we allow the government to deny those folks a church as well? or would the rightwing be screaming bloody murder that the librul govment is pushing their librul agendas down the throats of good Christian god-fearing folks. Most likely because Obama is a muslim.

My fundamental issue with all of this, is people believing what their media tells them to believe, and not taking a reasoned position based on what is fundamentally the correct thing to do, once you strip away all the shenanigans and bs about how this group does this and that group does that, and those people are going to hell.

Per the 1st Amendment it simply does not matter. As long as one is an American citizens on American soil, one is given the freedom of speech, freedom of religion (and from religion), and the freedom to peacefully assemble.

You ain't gotta like what's being said, or which god someone is praying to, but many good men and women died for every American's right to those freedoms.

Anything less is a march towards fascism.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Yeah, all those things suck, and I honestly don't know any libs who favor them. What makes the view anti-Islamic, sweetie, is the suggestion that:

* Only (or especially) Muslims possess such a barbaric mentality
* All (or even most) Muslims possess such a barbaric mentality
* Such a barbaric mentality is somehow inherent to Islam itself, as opposed to other ancient and medieval superstitions
Good, then I guess I'm not anti-Islamic since I didn't say any of those things!

Old 12-15-2014, 04:21 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
We need to be careful of how we view the 'other,' which in this case is Islam. Someone said something about Muslims pushing their culture down people's throats. Let's keep in mind that within our own country there are Christians pushing their religion down people's throats. I have seen people in downtown Atlanta shouting to people that they need to repent. I have seen fliers given to people that say, "Don't go to hell." These fliers are given to people they target. Is this not pushing religion down people's throats? Or what about in school where there is still religious influence? And this does relate to culture as religion can and does shape culture. One of the worst things I have seen are the people who are so righteous and stand outside of abortion clinics harassing women and making them feel a way about themselves. Many of these people do it in the name of Christianity. Our politics, laws are influenced by politicians who believe things should be this way or that way because of what's said in the Bible and they vote accordingly shaping our lives based off their beliefs.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:55 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Quote:
Good, then I guess I'm not anti-Islamic since I didn't say any of those things!
Cool, but then I'm not sure what you're so angry at "your party" about. No libs that I know of support or condone stonings, beheadings and other barbarisms, so it sounds like you're on the same page.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
It'll damn well be relevant to you if they blow you up!
Dear blisterpeanuts, please leave this thread. You have made an absolute fool of yourself with your tone-deafness and religious bigotry. Oh, and do us all a favor and don't vote. Ever.

EDIT: And please read this.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:31 PM

Just thought I'd post this here. I think a few of you ought to have a look at it and see how it applies to yourself...

Main/Political Correctness Gone Mad - Television Tropes & Idioms

Old 12-15-2014, 09:02 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
re 1-2: 99.9% of Christianity does not currently promote violent jihad. 20% of Islam currently does promote violent jihad.
What percentage of the Kennesaw worshipers will be engaging in violent jihad after they get out of church? That is the only relevant question here.

Quote:
Almost all of the violent conflicts in the world today are related to Islamic extremists.
This is false.

Russia's war with Ukraine, not related.
Tons of conflicts in Africa not related.
Mexican drug wars, not related.
etc.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
The U.S. military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have largely killed militants, with relatively few civilian casualties.
This is 100% false and really shows just how delusional you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta