Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2020, 11:31 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Admittedly I have been eating out as well here and there. It seems as if as long as you are respectful to social distancing, watch your hygiene (like ALWAYS wash your hands and Hand Sanitizer), use a mask, dont be stupid and go into enclosed areas full of people and stay in your car as much as possible, you should be okay.

I can't help but wonder for those who have taken pay cuts if their salaries will ever return back to normal after this is over. There was a bit of lag but I'm recieving alot less calls for jobs than I did before all this happened.
I took a pay cut.

Supposedly for sixty days.

Time will tell.

I sure hope that my salary returns back to normal. If I was going to make less, then I would have remained at my job of ten years :/

Problem is many people don't do what you've mentioned. They don't give me my personal space, don't wear masks, don't practice good hygiene. It sucks.

Wishing you the best man. Avail yourself of all the help that's provided, including mortgage relief and car loan deferrals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 11:47 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,630,016 times
It looks like the CoA utilities is making rate adjustments - 10% off water for Tiers I-III (basically, first 10,000 gallons) for the summer, a reduction in wastewater fee, flat electric rate for everything over 1,000 kWh, and a 25% reduction in the state 'regulatory fee' for electricity (basically, electric grid fee).

Old 05-06-2020, 10:00 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
Has anyone heard anything regarding ACL Fest? It's scheduled for October. Normally, the line-up is released the last week in April / first week in May, but they seem to have gone radio silent. They've said absolutely nothing. Not even a statement saying they don't know what's going to happen.

I know a lot of people who paid for passes months ago (not me) and all they've heard is crickets.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:39 AM

11,790 posts, read 7,999,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Has anyone heard anything regarding ACL Fest? It's scheduled for October. Normally, the line-up is released the last week in April / first week in May, but they seem to have gone radio silent. They've said absolutely nothing. Not even a statement saying they don't know what's going to happen.

I know a lot of people who paid for passes months ago (not me) and all they've heard is crickets.
Despite states reopening I'd imagine larger gathering events would be hesitant about something like that until they can see the effects of reopening the economy (no spike in cases essentially). Also I believe the state is still requiring social distancing as well.

Anyhow. I'm in ATL now. Left Austin at 9pm Tuesday, arrived in Atlanta at 2pm Wednesday. Not going to get a hotel or stay with family, basically turning right back around tonight. I also took my Toyota Prius instead of the Camaro (I hate using the Prius on the highway). Costed me less than $40 to drive 950 miles. I-20 was empty most of the way.. quietest I've ever seen it.

Souvenir for ya 10scoa:

Old 05-06-2020, 10:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post

We never attend ACL but go to shows year ‘round. So far this year we’ve missed three shows and haven’t seen a dime back in refunds. We did get back our $300 from Ticketmaster for the Stones show. Sigh. Our dog is certainly happy to have us home at least.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
We never attend ACL but go to shows year ‘round. So far this year we’ve missed three shows and haven’t seen a dime back in refunds. We did get back our $300 from Ticketmaster for the Stones show. Sigh. Our dog is certainly happy to have us home at least.
We had tickets to see Jane Goodall last month and were contacted and refunded when it was cancelled. We also have tickets for a concert on July and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming we'll find out more as the date gets closer.

We usually go to ACL but just for one day, so don't buy tickets until later when single-day tix go on sale. We wait until the lineup is announced before buying. It just seems weird that they haven't said anything - nada. Not even a, "We are waiting to see how the situation unfolds, blah, blah..."

Old 05-06-2020, 05:12 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Don't count on ACL happening and don't hold your breath for a refund either.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:04 PM

743 posts, read 1,371,788 times
Everything I've read says not to expect festival music gatherings until 2022, maybe late 2021.
And those guesses could get pushed back depending on vaccine progress

Old 05-07-2020, 07:16 AM

I agree that it won't (or shouldn't) happen. I heard a rumor that they were trying to reschedule it until November, since Coachella is currently scheduled for April, and that they weren't going to announce who was playing until August. This would at least buy them some time. I've also heard that they are waiting for the city to shut it down because if that happens, their insurance will cover it.

I'm just curious why they haven't said anything. Not even something to the effect of they are waiting to see what happens. It's like they just ghosted everyone.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:44 AM

550 posts, read 498,054 times
Wife and I went out to DINNER LAST NIGHT!!!!!!

We went to Perry's in the Domain. Sat on the patio with well spaced out tables.

The staff were great and all wore masks and gloves as well as many other precautions.

It was so nice to enjoy a cocktail that I didn't have to make for a change.

Beautiful weather helped as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin