Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:00 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Too many people assume the deal has to happen now or in December. This could easily play out until the deadline or the end of next season in which the landscape will change drastically

I don't see a deal that makes the Cavs a better team this season. Remember this is a team that dealt with Kevin Love rumors the past two seasons and Lebron coming and going drama, an in season coach firing (first place team). They don't have to be in harmony and I believe disharmony and better roster is the preferred avenue with James on a one year deal.

They have a 34 year old GM making his first big decision- they won't rush to anything. They have a 25 year old superstar who thinks the world is flat- he can change his mind as well
It's reported that Kyrie believes LeBron's camp leaked his trade request news. The request was made face to face with Gilbert weeks ago. Kyrie wanted to keep it in house so not to damage his trade value. This helps both him and the team. However, if he really thinks LeBron's people leaked this then their relationship is damaged beyond repair.

The drama that comes with keeping him around may not be worth waiting until February. Kyrie is not going to suck up to LeBron just to get along. He's not that type of person. The Cavs better take that Phoenix deal (if they can get it) and run.

Side Note: If the Phoenix deal did happen that would be yet another Eastern Conference All Star moving to the Western Conference.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:58 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
Rose to sign with Cavs...good move or not?

Old 07-24-2017, 10:38 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Negligible, I think, but gives them an option if Irving leaves (for however long he stays healthy).

Old 07-24-2017, 10:54 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
I hope the Spurs can get him especially after letting Simmons slip away.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:00 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I hope the Spurs can get him especially after letting Simmons slip away.
Do you think his isolation style and lack of defensive effort would mesh well with the Spurs' system though? Some of his habits could be chalked up to bad coaching, but at 25 I wonder if he'd be willing to completely relearn.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:13 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Do you think his isolation style and lack of defensive effort would mesh well with the Spurs' system though? Some of his habits could be chalked up to bad coaching, but at 25 I wonder if he'd be willing to completely relearn.
I really couldn't say. Haven't watched him enough. He looked good attacking the basket in the finals. Spurs have some big holes to fill. Gotta start somewhere. Hopefully he'd live up to what we were seeing from Simmons in the playoffs.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:09 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He plays defense a lot like Parker imo. He's got a game kinda like Parker when he was that age. There's no Duncan to defer to now so that's a challenge but I trust pop can reign him in some to the team philosophy

Old 07-25-2017, 07:24 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
It's reported that Kyrie believes LeBron's camp leaked his trade request news. The request was made face to face with Gilbert weeks ago. Kyrie wanted to keep it in house so not to damage his trade value. This helps both him and the team. However, if he really thinks LeBron's people leaked this then their relationship is damaged beyond repair.

The drama that comes with keeping him around may not be worth waiting until February. Kyrie is not going to suck up to LeBron just to get along. He's not that type of person. The Cavs better take that Phoenix deal (if they can get it) and run.

Side Note: If the Phoenix deal did happen that would be yet another Eastern Conference All Star moving to the Western Conference.
I agree. If he thinks Lebron's camp leaked the info then you have to trade him before training camp starts.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:37 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
2.1M for 18 PPG scorer with less of a target on his back this coming season. I would say yes.

He's playing for big contract and probably his best shot at a title.

Even knowing the history of his knees this is a great signing.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:39 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
What do the Spurs have to offer the Cavs????

Come on people. This isn't Cavs charity time.

Before you say Aldridge - please remember the Cavs are trying to get rid of a better player at the 4 in Kevin Love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball