Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
They are Asian. Just like the Eskimos. Which is why Europeans tried to wipe them off the map. To disprove that the Chinese discovered America first.

DNA tests proves it. Besides, just look at the photos. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
Wow. If you didn't have 106 posts on this site I'd dismiss you as a troll. You clearly don't know any Inuit people personally or you'd be ashamed to dismiss their culture in this way. What is this, you look at a picture and see what look like Asian looking faces and lazily equate their multiple millenia old indigenous culture with the Chinese because you need for people who look the same to be the same? They can speak for themselves, and they do, they are real people and do not need you making up narratives about them because you have some racial axe to grind from your own history. You can't just make stuff up about a people and their culture, where do you even get the stones to do something like that? I'm embarrassed for you, you're coming off like an ignorant clown who needs to be a know-it-all and isn't used to people knowing better. Reflect on this, or you'll risk looking pathetic to people in your real life, not just strangers on the internet.

/rant.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:58 PM

10,090 posts, read 14,959,511 times
If Canadians want for their country to remain overwhelmingly white, then so be it. It is their country and they should have the country they want and not the country non-Canadians want. They are the one's that will be living in Canada, not me and not most non-Canadian people.

In other countries there may be different demographic priorities and I think that's fine too.

Most Americans want the USA to become mostly non-white? So be it.

Most Saudis want Saudi Arabia to remain overwhelmingly Saudi, Arab, and Muslim? So be it.

Most Japanese want Japan to remain Japanese up to their eyeballs? So be it.

Most Saint Lucians wouldn't like if Saint Lucia was to become overwhelmingly non-black? Then keep Saint Lucia overwhelmingly black.

In Zimbabwe they made the decision to eliminate all the white people from there, Zimbabwe is suppose to be a strictly black man's country. While I don't agree with the violent way they went about expelling the whites, I do respect their right to decide the type of country they want for themselves. Its their country, not mine. They live there, I don't. It affects them more than it will ever affect me. Its their happiness and peace of mind that's a stake, not mine. Zimbabwe can disappear from the face of the earth and my life will continue as if nothing happened, because to me Zimbabwe is nothing; but for Zimbabweans it's their world. Something happens to Zimbabwe and Zimbabweans will be the ones to truly feel the pain. Everybody else will continue with their lives as if nothing happened.

So on and so forth. Other than the USA, I don't plan to live in any of the countries I already mentioned and not in the other 99% of countries I didn't mention. I will worry only about the countries I actually care about, better yet about the specific regions of those countries where I feel comfortable in. Everywhere else is other people's problems. lol

Last edited by AntonioR; 09-17-2015 at 12:11 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 12:15 AM

10,090 posts, read 14,959,511 times
I just noticed this thread is in the Canadian forum. lol

For some reason I thought it was in The Americas forum. Oh well, my post would be the same anyway.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:26 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
If Canadians want for their country to remain overwhelmingly white, then so be it. It is their country and they should have the country they want and not the country non-Canadians want. They are the one's that will be living in Canada, not me and not most non-Canadian people.
Of course I agree Canada should be what Canadians want to be, but what are "Canadians"? Are you implying Canadians are white Canadians? Millions of Chinese, Indians, Muslims, Philipinos are "Canadians" too. I was not born here but I am Canadian as well, with equal rights under the Constitution as someone who lived here for 5 generations.

So far Canadians and their representatives in the government have shown that they don't want Canada to be all white.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:35 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I beg your pardon? Where would the modern world be without Yorkshire Puddings, Toad in the Holes, Scottish eggs, and the perennial favourite, Beef Wellington?
Maybe in your world they are important.

The word English food is an oxymoron. It may hurt your feelings, but Anglo-Saxon food is completely insignificant and almost negligible in this world we live in. It is actually hard to understand how such a powerful empire offered so little heritage in terms of food. The same seems to apply to countries like Germany and the Scandinavia, the entire Germanic world.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:50 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Maybe in your world they are important.

The word English food is an oxymoron. It may hurt your feelings, but Anglo-Saxon food is completely insignificant and almost negligible in this world we live in. It is actually hard to understand how such a powerful empire offered so little heritage in terms of food. The same seems to apply to countries like Germany and the Scandinavia, the entire Germanic world.
Well, I lived almost half my life in English Canada, often in very close quarters with the population there, and I've never even heard of half the stuff people have been discussing over the last few pages.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:59 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Well, I lived almost half my life in English Canada, often in very close quarters with the population there, and I've never even heard of half the stuff people have been discussing over the last few pages.
There is a lot of crazy in this thread...

Old 09-17-2015, 08:00 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I just noticed this thread is in the Canadian forum. lol

For some reason I thought it was in The Americas forum.
Oh well, my post would be the same anyway.
Hey Antonio; you most assuredly can be forgiven for making that assumption....Haaar!

That is a frequent happenstance here.

Amazingly; your post retains, even gains relevance due to that very misconception...KUDOS!

Old 09-17-2015, 08:02 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
There is a lot of crazy in this thread...
Oh, I am not disputing that the stuff mentioned exists. It's just totally unfamiliar to me.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:06 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Snob or not, the real Canadian food sucks and lacks in variety. if a restaurant only serves "Canadian food", or "Anglo-Saxon", the menu would be limited to less than 15 items composed of different burgers. That's a fact. In reality, Anglo-Saxons contributed hardly anything to the world in terms of food.

Canadians should really stop eating so many burgers and start eating more of other good food. Maybe some real fish to start. Also do beef always have to be grilled in big chunks? For Christ's sake there are 25 other ways to cook beef! Canada is a developed country, but why "Canadian food" is stuck in the primitive stage involving nothing more sophisticated than big chunks of grilled/baked meat is beyond my IQ . I mean, we do have modern kitchens and don't hunt on horseback any more.
Agreed.

It's also such a waste to just use an entire chunk of meat for a single serving of protein. And for sure people eat much less fish than what would be ideal, probably a lot of that is from fear of mercury content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada