Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2016, 03:45 AM

3,630 posts, read 3,418,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Great, do that then. I don't see why Canadians put someone on their currency who neither roots for Canada during the Olympics nor visits the country frequently. Seems very desperate to me.
That's the best you got? Seriously? Let me demolish you.

I got my 4-year BA, then studied 3 years at a Canadian law school, got my law degree, then was admitted to the bar (after killer bar courses and exams). Then I practiced at least ten years in Canadian constitutional law. Along the way, I advised various provinces as to their constitutional challenges before the Supreme Court of Canada. I commented on their oral and written submissions, and I had them take me seriously. It was fun to watch my ideas take shape in their submissions, and to to watch how the Supreme Court paid heed, and put those submissions into law. In pretty much all federal cases, the Queen's role came into play, which is how I know it as well as I do.

Those are my qualifications for commenting on the monarchy in its role when I comment on Canada's constitution. I know Canadian constitutional law like few others here. I doubt that you know it better than me.

And why do figures on currency matter so much to you? Aren't all people pictured on US currency unable to cheer for the US Olympic Team too? Was Benjamin Franklin alive in 1896? George Washington? Abraham Lincoln? No, they were all dead by then.

Manitopiaa, if you ever again call me wrong when it comes to Canadian politics, cast my Canadian political comments into disrepute, or indicate that you have no idea how the Canadian political sytem works, then I will disregard your comments as coming from an ignorant American, and urge my fellow Canadians here to ignore them.

Have a nice day.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:24 AM

1,147 posts, read 719,260 times
The Royal American Family (The Democrats and Republicans) are far more dangerous to America and the world than the British monarchy is to Australia and Canada.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:28 AM

Australia, New Zealand and Canada are better societies than the United States.

This annoys Americans because America rebelled against the British, yet ended up a worse country than the Commonwealth countries listed above.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:37 AM

The British monarchy's influence on Canada, Australia and New Zealand is ridiculously overstated by Americans.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 12-25-2016 at 04:57 AM..

Old 12-25-2016, 04:58 AM

The British monarchy's influence on Canada, Australia and New Zealand is ridiculously overstated by Americans.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:40 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,507,590 times
Quote:
Quite the weak argument deflect. What do you expect the U.S. President to do: go to every monarchy and kick their crown prince in the groin?

Being overwhelmingly opposed to monarchy doesn't mean the U.S. doesn't engage with monarchies. Just like how a Canadian visiting Cuba for vacation doesn't mean they want Fidel Castro to be PM. Very weak argument on your part.
It exactly and most illustratively addressed your silly pretentious and condescending part I bolded.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
Only some Americans imbued with an overactive sense of superiority while ignoring the reality of those pesky Executive Orders and the preamble to their much vaunted constitution stating "all men are created equal" was written by a bunch of rich slave owners making it somewhat irrelevant and meaningless before the ink had dried.

They're still dealing with that conundrum to this very day while talking about the faces depicted on foreign currency.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:49 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,898,292 times
Quote:

Very.
Very.
Very.
Regressive.
But voting for DJT is not very very very Regressive lol... I'd take QEII as our largely figurehead/remote yet stable HOS for another 64 years than wish the Il Duce on us for 4 years..

And as a sister, how are you going to feel about what happens to the LGBTQ community after Il Duce starts lining the U.S Supreme Court with nominees that Mike Pence whispers in his ear? What next Manitopiaaa, are you going to start promulgating us with how progressive Jeff Sessions will be as Attorney General and how much of a human rights champion he is? That the new Cabinet of the US government is going to be a leader in climate change lol..

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/21...ws-she-signed/

vs

http://time.com/4406337/mike-pence-g...gious-freedom/
aaaand this
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/19/two-...ights_partner/

Maybe you should stop the U.S rules in all things kool aid drinking exercise.. If you haven't figured it out yet, you should do so quickly because you have an impossible task ahead of you if you think that is possible. You have a rocky 4 years ahead of you that may put forth wheels in motion for decades of social regression in your country, and you're lecturing us on QEII as our HOS? What next, a discussion on the opportunity costs in Canada of having tundra and arctic as opposed to more arable land or maybe a stirring debate on the plight of seals in Canada? I'd say that is someone firmly in denial latching onto minutia to avoid dealing with a new harsh reality in her own backyard.

Last edited by fusion2; 12-25-2016 at 09:42 AM..

Old 12-25-2016, 10:54 AM

The wheels on their little wagon are already starting to develop flat spots:P

Five Republicans who could buck Trump in 2017 | TheHill

“Have you noticed how Mr. Trump uses the word ‘Reign’ – like he thinks he’s running for King? It’s creepy, actually. Nebraskans are not looking for a king,” he said during the GOP presidential primary.

Speaking in a manner to suggest crowning a king then voting for one who portrays himself as being one would be merely oxymoronic if not so ineffably stupid.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:43 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,962,876 times
"Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Co-Chair Sharon Day released the following statement celebrating Christmas:

“Merry Christmas to all! Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King. We hope Americans celebrating Christmas today will enjoy a day of festivities and a renewed closeness with family and friends."

https://gop.com/rnc-message-celebrating-christmas-2016/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada