Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 08:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu-dog View Post
you missed the point completely.

The word newcomer isn't the problem, no more than the word black, or the word gay.

It's lumping them together that's the problem.
Ok now your just debating over something that doesnt even exist
FABOLOUS

Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,133,288 times
In other news...Sunny, I would like to request you lock the "nobody wants to sell me a house" and "Ballantyne affordable housing" threads so we can get some new topics going. It's getting really monotonous to check in here and see the same crap from the same two or three posters day after day.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
Hmm, for some reason I thought it was last March 2. Wasn't that a big snow storm that pretty much melted by noon?
ROFL!!! DEAR ME!!! You know what I did? I somehow read your name as CHICUBS and I knew her hubby would have had to come here maybe 20 years ago, lol.

Pardon me! Is this the icon for embarrassed???

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM

124 posts, read 212,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Lu-dog, even tho you have not posted with me long, I think you have figured out that I truly enjoy hearing other people's opinions.

Not only do I learn from others, it challenges me to think about my own opinions.

However, as a writer, it really chaps me when I see someone playing games with semantics.

I fully understand that you were trying to make a point. However, I do not see the validity of your comparison, only b/c the original thesis - that what Sunny wrote was rude - is invalid.

The other things you wrote - I agree- those would be rude. But that is not what Sunny wrote, nor the spirit in which he wrote it.

He did not say (or imply) that everyone who came here feels that way. He stated a lot of folks feel that way - i.e., have no feelings of ownership.

Not trying to get into a head lock with you, Lu-Dog, but when it comes to inferences with the written word . . . play fair. That's all I am saying.

I'm not attacking your friend, so don't attack me. IMO The comment was rude. I was only telling my perspective. If the only purpose for initially asking the question was to gain support, then the initial post should have said "those that don't agree with me, no need respond"

I also find it offensive that are mod has inferred that us "newer tho the forum" are less knowledgeable or in someway our opinions are less valid.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
In other news...Sunny, I would like to request you lock the "nobody wants to sell me a house" and "Ballantyne affordable housing" threads so we can get some new topics going. It's getting really monotonous to check in here and see the same crap from the same two or three posters day after day.
Well, shoot, Coastalgirl - why don't we just start a fun thread and distract everyone? LOL!!! Let's see . . . music to have a storm by? Oh, I guess that isn't local enough . . .

Predictions for the snow - how much we will get?

Okay, I am stuck on storms . . .

Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,133,288 times
I know, I know! Who bought a sled after the last storm and can't wait to use it??

We actually didn't buy sleds, but visited my family in Ohio and brought my childhood sleds back with us. My mom had them in the crawlspace! Now if it snows this time, I won't be sliding down my driveway on a cookie sheet!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu-dog View Post
I'm not attacking your friend, so don't attack me. IMO The comment was rude. I was only telling my perspective. If the only purpose for initially asking the question was to gain support, then the initial post should have said "those that don't agree with me, no need respond"
I should hope that when someone challenges your thoughts, you would not consider that an attack. You write as though you have been in debate classes (a compliment!) so I would think you are very capable of defending your point of view without feeling attacked.

Again - not trying to butt heads with you! Just saying - I believe you are making more out of that simple statement of Sunny's than was ever intended. And I agree with you that the other sentences you wrote would be rude.

Let's just talk about the storm and be friends, ok? Please?

Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM

124 posts, read 212,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Ok now your just debating over something that doesnt even exist
FABOLOUS
I'm not debating, I gave my opinion when you asked it, you missed the point, I tried to explain, and now I feel you're missing the point intentionally. (It's quite obvious)

Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 PM

Lu-Dog - your posts are very welcomed here and no one wishes to disrespect you - just as I would assume you don't want to disrespect any of us.

Welcome - and who cares if you are a newcomer, a newbie or whatever? We all were new here at one time.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I know, I know! Who bought a sled after the last storm and can't wait to use it??

We actually didn't buy sleds, but visited my family in Ohio and brought my childhood sleds back with us. My mom had them in the crawlspace! Now if it snows this time, I won't be sliding down my driveway on a cookie sheet!
You brought your sleds back??? OMGosh!!! The kind with the metal runners on them???

Well, I have my son's sled from Kansas! If it snows a pile - we ought to find a big hill and have a meet up. I'll bring the schnapps, lol!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte