Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 01:14 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
It truly is refreshing to come here especially at the end of my long day. I have come here to vent, ask for advice and most of all I always get a good laugh here
Me too, I'm always up for a good laugh.

Quote:
and June 7th ..... what a very important day that is. Did you know that on June 7th, 1975 "Thank God I'm a Country Boy," by John Denver hits #1
Now there's a little piece of trivia that made me chuckle!! Thanks for that SisterKat! I actually love that song too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,260 times
leaving on jet-plane....i've loved all of john denver's work but that song is one my all time favorites. it's very soothing.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 AM

823 posts, read 1,400,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
leaving on jet-plane....i've loved all of john denver's work but that song is one my all time favorites. it's very soothing.

and I love Sunshine on my Shoulder... it always, almost of the time, makes me cry

Old 01-20-2011, 11:47 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Quote:
June 7th ..... what a very important day that is. Did you know that on June 7th, 1975 "Thank God I'm a Country Boy," by John Denver hits #1
Well, June was thinking that since you're not getting married on June 7th, that it would only be fitting for the groom to sing "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" at the end of the ceremony! (And be sure and post the video!)

Old 01-20-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Well, June was thinking that since you're not getting married on June 7th, that it would only be fitting for the groom to sing "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" at the end of the ceremony! (And be sure and post the video!)
June...you have no idea how very ironically funny that would be. My husband to be used to be a disco duck and now that we have our little place on the lake (in cowboy country) he has truly transformed into a country bumpkin. He is driving everyone crazy at his work listening to country music all day long

Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
June...you have no idea how very ironically funny that would be. My husband to be used to be a disco duck and now that we have our little place on the lake (in cowboy country) he has truly transformed into a country bumpkin. He is driving everyone crazy at his work listening to country music all day long
disco... disco duck "quack quack quack quack..." disco disco duck...

Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM

does anyone remember that horrid song from 70's about short-people?
i knew that song was p.c. incorrect even back then but the tune was some what catchy and i did sing along a few times in private...please forgive me.
i think there was a rebuttal song done about tall people...all of this i blame for the down-fall of the disco era...shame.
thank you john travolta for all that you gave...you were the king i tell you and nobody can take that away.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
i knew that song was p.c. incorrect even back then but the tune was some what catchy and i did sing along a few times in private...please forgive me.
i think there was a rebuttal song done about tall people...all of this i blame for the down-fall of the disco era...shame.
thank you john travolta for all that you gave...you were the king i tell you and nobody can take that away.
Ah Ah Ah Ah Staying Alive! Stayline Alive! Love it

Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Quote:
See? It was all meant to be! Can your future husband play the guitar? June thinks the song would be a perfect fit at the end of the wedding, just prior to the two of you walking back down the isle!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
You mean "short people have no body." - is that the one? My dad was 6'2" and my mom is 4'11" - my dad would sing that song around the house all the time and my mom would get annoyed! Those are the only lyrics that I know and I've never heard the actual song - but I sure remember my dad singing that little portion of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity