Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But, that is what scripture says...He came for the Lost Sheep Of Israel...
So you do believe that Jesus didn't come for anyone but those in ancient times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 03:41 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
"Co-Saviour"...eh? Hmmm. It doesn't matter what you call it...the only thing that matters is the end result. The truth is we are involved, we do actively take part in the salvation process. How do I know? The Bible says so!

Romans 10:8-10

8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So when a man/woman confesses with the mouth, is God forcing them to do that?

I remember confessing Jesus as Lord with my mouth, and God didn't force me... My mind wasn't going "no...no...no...I won't do it!" Nothing "seized" my vocal cords and made me confess Christ against my will. I wanted to...I chose to...

Bud
Your actions are performed but they are not owned by you. You have to think of it like this -> Jesus Christ has the copyright on all GOOD works. So if you do anything Good then it is Christ that does it (even though technically you performed the act). This way we don't rob God. We are still by our nature EVIL. We cannot be subject to the law of God for we are carnal. So if Good be done through us - then it is Christ and not ourselves.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

See here it says that God is the one that hardens one and gives mercy to whom He shall.

That is why the next verse asks "Why does He then find fault?". Because we are Carnal. We are that way and no other. We are good as God desires us to be Good and evil as we are by nature.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:41 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
EVERY MEANS EVERY BELIEVER!
You did not answer why the use of "SHALL" and "WILL" then? No dodging and presenting irrelevant stuff. We KNOW what will not be allowed in the presence of God. We know the "Dross" will need to be cast out (refined)... But you do not seem to realize you are a continuing eternal (pure energy) "Soul Symphony" . . . not a single physical entity. There are parts of our "symphonies" (moments of our lives) that are discordant (off-key). They must be repented (replayed) in this life or the next because they can NEVER be in the presence of God.
In Christ's love,
Mystic.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
ALL OF THIS SPEAKS OF THE TRUE OBEDIENT BELIEVING CHRISTIAN, WHO IS EITHER ALIVE AND LIVING IN HIS WILL...OR HAS DIED AND WAITING TO BE RAISED UNTO HIM IN HIS PRESENCE...IT IS NOT!...I REPEAT NOT! SPEAKING TO ANYONE WHO IS LIVING IN THEIR SIN...OR WHO DIES IN THEIR SIN! THOSE WHO LIVE OR DIE IN THIER SIN...ARE SEPARATED FROM GOD! PERIOD!

It speaks of everyone.

Confession that Jesus is LORD either matters or it does not. Everyone will confess that Jesus is Lord, and it matters and has a positive effect.

If confessing Jesus as Lord is only going to matter to some, then you have no assurance that it matters for you.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Are you assuming that one is you? If not, take your pick. Is it your son or daughter or mother or daddy? Ridiculous to think Jesus' sacrifice would be worth saving just one. That's a catch phrase that is meaningless and pitiful.

P.S. Do you have scripture to back up that little catch phrase?

very illogical you are, my precious...

Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Wow...you are confused...

Wow...you are confused

Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
very illogical you are, my precious...
Do you know a scripture to back up that Christ's sacrifice is worth it if only one person is saved, my precious?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No...you do not know what you are talking about
No...you do not know what you are talking about

Old 07-14-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Where's the gag-me-with-a-spoon smiley when you need it?
Is Amadán Tú!...

Old 07-14-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
It says that every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord. Only way for that to happen is for everyone to have the Holy Spirit. Just trying to give you something to think about. Let the Word guide you - don't try to guide the Word.
Really?...I guess you've never been a POW...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity