Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 02:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What you are doing now is called the 'chicken dance'. I asked you a simple question about whether or not EVERYONE will be drawn, and you did your best to dance around having to anwer it directoy , and when you finally partially answered it, you were not talking about EVERYONE anymore, but only those who have already accepted Christ.

No, God does not FORCE anyone, and I have given you plenty of examples in the Bible where Jesus simply said that certain people will die in their sins. John 6:44 is not about forcing anyone into anything. Christ draws people to him (knocks on their door, or calls them, or invites them), we can agree about that, but people still have to come to Him. You remember Matthew "For many are called, but few are chosen". Jesus used a parable about a wedding where the host (God) did His best to draw people to attend the wedding, but most people simply rejected the invitation. What happened to them? They were thrown into the "outer darkness where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth". God did not drag them in, he tried to draw them in by invitation, and when they refused to come he punished them. Read Matthew 22:1-14

BTW the more you talk about this, the more you prove UR is false.
I really don't think the Jews were very happy when they got thrown into (spiritual) darkness in 70 A.D. Do you? There was MUCH weeping and gnashing of teeth. There were only a few disciples left out of the many when Christ left this earth.

Few are chosen. This is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
What you are doing now is called the 'chicken dance'. I asked you a simple question about whether or not EVERYONE will be drawn, and you did your best to dance around having to anwer it directoy , and when you finally partially answered it, you were not talking about EVERYONE anymore, but only those who have already accepted Christ.

To begin with I pointed out the simple definition of a word in scripture. I mean if your going to accuse someone of playin chicken dance I suppose you ought to not play it yourself if you think it is a bad thing to do. But I guess it is a one sided concept, you can play it while bad mouthing someone else for doing it. And yes, I left the door open so you can LOL and say I admit to playing chicken dance. Because that would be your next dance move.

So go ahead comment away, obscure the fact that your original objection is wrong.

The concept of force is entirely biblical, it is your doctrinal stance that is proven false.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I really don't think the Jews were very happy when they got thrown into (spiritual) darkness in 70 A.D. Do you? There was MUCH weeping and gnashing of teeth. There were only a few disciples left out of the many when Christ left this earth.

Few are chosen. This is true.
Well it seems God tried to drag them in, but apparently didn't have enough strength, so he tossed them outside instead. Either that, or He invited them (draw them), and let the people accept it or reject the offer. According to the scripture, some accepted and some rejected.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Well it seems God tried to drag them in, but apparently didn't have enough strength, so he tossed them outside instead. Either that, or He invited them (draw them), and let the people accept it or reject the offer. According to the scripture, some accepted and some rejected.

Father, forgive them. You have to stop thinking in terms of eternity. Things will start to make sense.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I left the door open so you can LOL and say I admit to playing chicken dance. Because that would be your next dance move.
No, there will not be another move, because enough has been said. You have repeated your comment enough times, and ignored everything I say enough times.

Besides, if we continue, the mods will feel the urge to do something.

Let it go papito. Or mamita, if you are a woman. I am learning Spanish.

Have a nice weekend.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
No, there will not be another move, because enough has been said. You have repeated your comment enough times, and ignored everything I say enough times.

Besides, if we continue, the mods will feel the urge to do something.

Let it go papito. Or mamita, if you are a woman. I am learning Spanish.

Have a nice weekend.

You just made another move with your parting comment.

I have not ignored anything, I did not ignore that you said God does not force anyone and I provided a scripture that proves the idea wrong.

You have a nice weekend too.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:29 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Father, forgive them. You have to stop thinking in terms of eternity. Things will start to make sense.
Wow! No humility here, Phophetess.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Wow! No humility here, Phophetess.

What exactly did I prophesy, Mr5150? Asking somebody to think shouldn't be such a big deal. Usually.... Although, cults make it very difficult to do so. Last I checked, cults like to threaten people with bodily harm if you try to leave. Kind of like Christianity threatening small children with hell, telling people that God is going to set them on fire for eternity if they don't believe. People will SAY they believe, but, they don't. Not really.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
About salvation? No, the Holy Spirit has given me assurance about that matter. Other than that, I know I have been wrong times. For example on my vacation I was wrong about the direction back to the hotel, and ended up walking an extra half a mile.
Nice of you to skip around the issue ... You know that i was referring to Eternal Torture ...

Never the less, a person who is unable or unwilling to even admit that he/she MIGHT be wrong about what he/she believes is evidence of the fact that that person has an unteachable spirit and has been thoroughly brainwashed.

Almost every fundamentalist I have ever asked this question answers the same way.

It is certainly a spirit that blinds people who cannot admit that they might be wrong about what they believe, but it is not the holy spirit i assure you ...

Peace ...

Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Nice of you to skip around the issue ... You know that i was referring to Eternal Torture ...

Never the less, a person who is unable or unwilling to even admit that he/she MIGHT be wrong about what he/she believes is evidence of the fact that that person has an unteachable spirit and has been thoroughly brainwashed.

Almost every fundamentalist I have ever asked this question answers the same way.

It is certainly a spirit that blinds people who cannot admit that they might be wrong about what they believe, but it is not the holy spirit i assure you ...
It is rather insulting and arrogant for you to tell people they are brainwashed after they say the Holy Spirit has given them assurance of their faith. And for you to admit that you might be wrong about your own faith proves your own insecurity about your beliefs. Why do you insist in pushing your theories about the Bible to others if you can't even believe it yourself?

PS It is meanigless to say "peace" after an insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity