Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
There is milk and there is meat. Have you ever heard of mining the scriptures? The noble Bereans studied and studied and studied. They did not have one man above them telling them how it was. They studied. They knew the languages, they knew their history, they were educated. They did NOT sit in a pew every Sunday and let one man tell them what was true and what was not.

You were given the HOLY SPIRIT for a reason and you do not need a man to teach you. Obviously, you cannot go and make up your own religion and say you are the only one with the truth and go float somewhere on a mountain. The body of Christ should work together.

Scripture. Look it up.
You are so good are boasting that you should teach it at collage. Shall we call it University of Meat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are so good are boasting that you should teach it at collage. Shall we call it University of Meat?

Collage, eh? Hmm........I've never made one of those.

Anyhow, I did not do anything but tell you to study and to not rely on other men for the truth. Try it sometime. Have you got the Spirit? It teaches you. It really does. Use the fruits to study.

(P.S. I'm just excited. I want others to get excited, too.)

Last edited by herefornow; 10-14-2010 at 09:28 PM..

Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Anyhow, I did not do anything but tell you to study and to not rely on other men for the truth. Try it sometime. Have you got the Spirit? It teaches you. It really does. Use the fruits to study
What you did, and still continue to do, is arrogant boasting, and if you took your own advice and read the Bible you would learn that Christ taught his followers to NOT boast and not be arrogant.

Bad fruit, Herefornow, bad fruit..... tsk, tsk....

Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
I take it that everyone you have ever known have been dragged to Christ. I know many who have not.

John 6 continues: Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Note: He who believes has everlasting life and everyone who listens comes to Him. There are those who do not listen, and there are those who do not believe. Those who do not listen or believe will not be dragged anywhere but hell.

and John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Again, whoever believes will not perish. Plain and simple: those who will not believe will perish. It is repeated over, and over, and over. It is there 200 times. How can you ignore it?

Not arguing against how you want to use the word force to make your case, I showed you that the concept of force is scriptural and your argument doesn't change that.

When you view it from the context of scripture then John 6:44 tells you how it is, not what your perception thinks about it.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Not arguing against how you want to use the word force to make your case, I showed you that the concept of force is scriptural and your argument doesn't change that.

When you view it from the context of scripture then John 6:44 tells you how it is, not what your perception thinks about it.
I quoted John 6 for you so you can read for yourself. It is not my opinion, it is the word of God.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I quoted John 6 for you so you can read for yourself. It is not my opinion, it is the word of God.
John 6:44 is not my opinion.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
John 6:44 is not my opinion.
No, but if you had read the entire chapter, you would know the truth.

Did Christ drag the pharisees to Him? No, he said :

"You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life" - John 5:39.

Christ was standing right in front of them, and they still rejected Him.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-15-2010 at 09:22 AM..

Old 10-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
No, but if you had read the entire chapter, you would know the truth.

Did Christ drag the pharisees to Him? No, he said :

[LEFT]"You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life" - John 5:39.

Christ was standing right in front of them, and they still rejected Him.

[/LEFT]

You are imposing your idea of the word force onto the passage and then saying what someone believes isn't right.

I proved to you the concept of force is biblical, your implication of what you want that word force to be in order to argue against something is false. It is putting words in the mouths of others.

The whole bible adds up to the truth not just one passage and YOUR opinion of a word.

John 6:44 states that no one comes to the father unless he is drawn.

You simply make the case that I am not to believe what the verse states, it says no one, it means no one.

What the truth is is to see what all that adds up to in scripture.

I've rejected God when something happened to me that I could not deny, but I still was drawn to him in such a manner that eventually I came to accept it.

You tell me to read the passage, I do, but I also read other passages and I have READ john 6:44 and it says what it says, NO ONE but the problem is you do not want me to read scripture, you want me to believe YOU.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
No wonder you believe what you do and fallen for .... "all will be saved" , rather the truth of God's word.....

The scripture bears witness against your testimony in this post......
I wanted to express that all men are evil to a certain degree, me included - this is the reason for the popularity of the doctrine of hell, "WE shall be saved, but THEY shall burn, burn, burn"

most of Chrisitianity seems to believe that the majority of mankind will suffer to eternity but doesn't seem to bother much, otherwise none of them could rest a single night

but you accuse me because I am honest enough to admit that I maybe might not bother about the fact that maybe a few, maybe less than a dozend will suffer that fate? - think about that

Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Finn do you really believe that salvation is so black and white that you hear the good news and you believe and become a christian ?, or if you do not accept it the moment you hear it you are not willing ?. This kind of salvation creates carnal christians(christian who just have a belief system and have no reality of Christ within them) and not believers born of the Spirit....

I am sure many can testify that the day they 1st heard the good news they did not necessarily believe and accept it , but i am sure they could also testify that when they 1st heard the good news , something began within them to cause them at the appointed time (the day they actually believed) to put faith and trust in Him. In otherwords the work of the Holy Spirit and John 6 verse 44 being fulfilled .

Last edited by pcamps; 10-15-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity