Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is rather insulting and arrogant for you to tell people they are brainwashed after they say the Holy Spirit has given them assurance of their faith. And for you to admit that you might be wrong about your own faith proves your own insecurity about your beliefs. Why do you insist in pushing your theories about the Bible to others if you can't even believe it yourself?

PS It is meanigless to say "peace" after an insult.

One believing and having faith is not one who knows for certain.

Insecurity? Not at all, just realism. I know i have been wrong before about many things i believed to be true and later discovered that i was believing a lie ...

If you feel insulted about the fact that a person who is unable to admit that they might be wrong is actually brainwashed, perhaps you should do some study on the matter?

Being brainwashed and deceived makes one a victim and not necessarily a culprit ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 06:14 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
One believing and having faith is not one who knows for certain.

Insecurity? Not at all, just realism. I know i have been wrong before about many things i believed to be true and later discovered that i was believing a lie ...

If you feel insulted about the fact that a person who is unable to admit that they might be wrong is actually brainwashed, perhaps you should do some study on the matter?

Being brainwashed and deceived makes one a victim and not necessarily a culprit ...
So TRUE! So many victims, unless they teach others. Then they are the culprits.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
What you are doing now is called the 'chicken dance'. I asked you a simple question about whether or not EVERYONE will be drawn, and you did your best to dance around having to anwer it directoy , and when you finally partially answered it, you were not talking about EVERYONE anymore, but only those who have already accepted Christ.

No, God does not FORCE anyone, and I have given you plenty of examples in the Bible where Jesus simply said that certain people will die in their sins. John 6:44 is not about forcing anyone into anything. Christ draws people to him (knocks on their door, or calls them, or invites them), we can agree about that, but people still have to come to Him. You remember Matthew "For many are called, but few are chosen". Jesus used a parable about a wedding where the host (God) did His best to draw people to attend the wedding, but most people simply rejected the invitation. What happened to them? They were thrown into the "outer darkness where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth". God did not drag them in, he tried to draw them in by invitation, and when they refused to come he punished them. Read Matthew 22:1-14

BTW the more you talk about this, the more you prove UR is false.
The reality that Jesus said He will draw all men unto Himself , whether it literally means all or not, as absolutely nothing to do with UR . I certainly believed that He drew me to Himself , i also know all who believe in Him were drawn too, and i also happened to believe this before i had ever heard of UR .

Old 10-15-2010, 06:42 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Father, forgive them. You have to stop thinking in terms of eternity. Things will start to make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Wow! No humility here, Phophetess.
God is the Father of us ALL (not just the Father of Prophets or prophetesses). Herefornow has far more humility and love before God than you have displayed thus far Mr5150.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The reality that Jesus said He will draw all men unto Himself , whether it literally means all or not, as absolutely nothing to do with UR . I certainly believed that He drew me to Himself , i also know all who believe in Him were drawn too, and i also happened to believe this before i had ever heard of UR .
Yes, God draws people, but the question I asked was whether or not he draws EVERYONE. I have repeated it so many times here that I wonder why I bother to explain is again.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
So TRUE! So many victims, unless they teach others. Then they are the culprits.
Then I would tread very carefully, Hot . . . your wrathful ET God might be real (for those who believe it . . . at least temporarily).

Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, God draws people, but the question I asked was whether or not he draws EVERYONE. I have repeated it so many times here that I wonder why I bother to explain is again.
Perhaps it would be more convincing if you could provide a single solitary reason for it that would make sense to a rational thinking human being. We are talking about the Almighty God Creator of all that exists selecting and choosing who among His creations He will draw (or alternately why there are those among His creations that He did such a bad job of creating them that He can't even draw them to Him.)

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Perhaps it would be more convincing if you could provide a single solitary reason for it that would make sense to a rational thinking human being. We are talking about the Almighty God Creator
That's right. We are talking about the Almighty God, and if you think you will one day be able to figure Him out completely using our human limited logic and reason, then you do not know who God is. You place your faith in logic and reason, and not in God.

We are talking about the same God who initiated the flood which destroyed the very people he had created.

2 peter 2:4-10 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:30 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
For reference:

John 12
32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.
33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
John 12:31-33; Concordant Literal Translation:
31 Now is the judging of this world. Now shall the Chief of this world be cast out.
32 And I, if I should be exalted out of the earth, shall be drawing all to Myself."
33 Now this He said, signifying by what death He was about to be dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity