Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 02:30 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,986,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And if God condemns you to Hell, then it's patently clear he hates you.

I highly recommend you to attend a church this Christmas. I am sure it is unlikely you would hear any of the preachers saying that Jesus hates you. It is much more likely of God gift to the world which is Jesus and he is the saviour of humanity. Jesus Christ is the real reason for this season.

At my church I have never heard a preacher there say that God hates anyone. I hear no message of threats of hell and damnation for those that choose not to be Christian. I much more hear of God love for us and God give to us and the whole of humanity is Jesus Christ. The message is clearly about Love according to the Lord. Each Sunday church service there are people that never knew Christ and turn to Christ there as well as Former Christians that turn to Christ there. Infact I have been going to the church I been going for a few years and there are always new Christians there. I would know as I have had volunteered in the New Christians area of my church.

Last edited by other99; 12-22-2014 at 03:13 AM..

Old 12-22-2014, 06:48 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
When one makes the world tolerable for others, he makes it tolerable for himself.

And the negative corollary is also true.

As Fundamentalists attempt to make the world intolerable for homosexuals it also becomes increasingly intolerant of them.
Anyone who stands up and speaks out against sin will be persecuted. John the Baptist was. Christ was. Many of the prophets of old were.

If you tolerate sin then you are "puffed up" like Paul said in i Corinthians 5 as I have pointed out in previous posts. If you extend love to people who are not repentant and are hostile to God then you are bringing in leaven that will leaven the whole group and that is what we are observing in a world that is truly cut off from the true God and the true Christ.

1 Corinthians 5
1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Paul judged the man committing one of the very abominable sins found in Leviticus 18 as a wicked person who should be put out so that Satan could destroy him so that maybe he would repent and be saved in the Resurrection during his judgment period.

(Incidentally, this man did repent of his sin and Paul told them to accept him back into the body of Christ.)

You and most of the churches today are not preaching repentance the very first thing that Peter mentioned in the first inspired sermon on the Day of Pentecost that one needed to do to receive God's Holy Spirit in order to be saved.

Acts 2:38 (RSV)
38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:32 (RSV)
32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him.”

So, you must turn from your sins -- repent -- and go the other way in order to receive God's Holy Spirit.

Now, God does not enjoy putting the wicked to death and wants them to repent but if they will not repent then they have decided for themselves their fate.

Ezekiel 33:11
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Do you realize that this is Christ -- the Spokesman of God -- who is actually speaking these words? Christ is the judge and He will be the judge during the Great White Throne Judgment period. He will order the death of all those who refuse to repent. He doesn't compromise on sin but gives you every opportunity to repent and come out of it if you will do your part.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one is insulting you, persecuting you or falsely saying any kind of evil against you because of Jesus. We love you and Jesus . . . but your absurd beliefs about Him and God are fair game. This is something you and others here seem NOT to understand. Your beliefs ABOUT God and Jesus are NOT equal to God. They are subject to scrutiny and evaluation . . . as are all human beliefs. There is no automatic connection between what YOU believe ABOUT God and Jesus and the truth about God and Jesus. They are separate issues . . . and based on my knowledge, understanding and experiences . . . YOU are wrong about them.

It is rare for a person acting rude to admit that they are being rude, or see themselves as being rude. Your side is completely blind to the fact that 99% of the responses coming from your side are negative, mean spirited, rude and insulting. I can dig up numerous posts where people here have directly insulted me inferring that I am stupid and lack any kind of education. I recently politely asked to please stop comparing us to Nazis. I find that quite offensive. The response? Defiance.

Anyone who takes a stand for God's truth is going to be attacked. Look at how Hollywood and the media loves to make fun of Christians. No other religion. Just Christians. That only shows me that I serve the one true God and the Bible is 100% true.

I have the foundation of the Bible for my beliefs. What do you have? Just whatever sounds good to you?

Old 12-22-2014, 07:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It is rare for a person acting rude to admit that they are being rude, or see themselves as being rude. Your side is completely blind to the fact that 99% of the responses coming from your side are negative, mean spirited, rude and insulting. I can dig up numerous posts where people here have directly insulted me inferring that I am stupid and lack any kind of education. I recently politely asked to please stop comparing us to Nazis. I find that quite offensive. The response? Defiance.

Anyone who takes a stand for God's truth is going to be attacked. Look at how Hollywood and the media loves to make fun of Christians. No other religion. Just Christians. That only shows me that I serve the one true God and the Bible is 100% true.

I have the foundation of the Bible for my beliefs. What do you have? Just whatever sounds good to you?
If you could only see the spirit behind the way you convey your beliefs about homosexuals and homosexuality, you would have no quarms about what you are reaping, that goes whether you are right or wrong with your beliefs. Speak for something rather than against something, and don't deceive yourself thinking that you are speaking against homosexuality or homosexuals you are speaking for something, you are not.

The good news of Jesus Christ is one of reconciliation, speak up for that and your experience of it and you might just get the whosoevers to listen.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:35 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you could only see the spirit behind the way you convey your beliefs about homosexuals and homosexuality, you would have no quarms about what you are reaping, that goes whether you are right or wrong with your beliefs. Speak for something rather than against something, and don't deceive yourself thinking that you are speaking against homosexuality or homosexuals you are speaking for something, you are not.

The good news of Jesus Christ is one of reconciliation, speak up for that and your experience of it and you might just get the whosoevers to listen.
And speak encouraging words to you and provide you entertainment on the deck of the "Titanic". The land is defiled and our "ship" is about to sink unless we all repent. Christ and God want all of us to come out of our sins believe it or not.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
And speak encouraging words to you and provide you entertainment on the deck of the "Titanic". The land is defiled and our "ship" is about to sink unless we all repent. Christ and God want all of us to come out of our sins believe it or not.
There is no ship going down. speak for something rather than against something. The message is one of peace on earth and goodwill to all men. Yes goodwill to those you call defiled, there is nothing unclean if you have eyes to judge righteously rather than by appearance.

He came and preached peace to those that were near and those that are afar off, why are you preaching against those he preached peace to?. The message of condemnation as never worked, all its produced is more children of hell. Repent and give it up and believe Jesus Christ.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:46 AM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
No one is insulting you, persecuting you or falsely saying any kind of evil against you because of Jesus. We love you and Jesus . . . but your absurd beliefs about Him and God are fair game. This is something you and others here seem NOT to understand. Your beliefs ABOUT God and Jesus are NOT equal to God. They are subject to scrutiny and evaluation . . . as are all human beliefs. There is no automatic connection between what YOU believe ABOUT God and Jesus and the truth about God and Jesus. They are separate issues . . . and based on my knowledge, understanding and experiences . . . YOU are wrong about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You do not take a stand for God. You take a stand for YOUR beliefs ABOUT God. Do you understand the difference??? We all have Jesus the Christ who abides with us under the New Covenant as the Comforter to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." We have the "mind of Christ" and the Spirit of agape love to test the truth of everything (WWJD). Anything that is NOT consistent with the Spirit of agape love . . . (who IS God). . . is NOT from God or Jesus, period. It is an absolute standard. You idolize the Bible AS IF it were an infallible God. It is NOT. It is USEFUL (profitable) for instruction and testifies of Christ . . . who IS the Living Word of God.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:51 AM

350 posts, read 570,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Paul judged the man committing one of the very abominable sins found in Leviticus 18 as a wicked person who should be put out so that Satan could destroy him so that maybe he would repent and be saved in the Resurrection during his judgment period.

I need to do some more research on this passage, but are you suggesting (via Paul) that we should allow sinners to continue sinning so that they may destroy themselves enough spiritually that they'd seek God?

Old 12-22-2014, 07:53 AM

350 posts, read 570,486 times
Quote:
You do not take a stand for God. You take a stand for YOUR beliefs ABOUT God. Do you understand the difference??? We all have Jesus the Christ who abides with us under the New Covenant as the Comforter to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." We have the "mind of Christ" and the Spirit of agape love to test the truth of everything (WWJD). Anything that is NOT consistent with the Spirit of agape love . . . (who IS God). . . is NOT from God or Jesus, period. It is an absolute standard. You idolize the Bible AS IF it were an infallible God. It is NOT. It is USEFUL (profitable) for instruction and testifies of Christ . . . who IS the Living Word of God.

Mystic, I see you keep posting about the spirit of agape love. Do you have a reference to where that's talked about in the Bible? I'm asking out of curiosity, not in an accusatory way.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:32 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thank you for your timely addition to Totally Wrong Posts From Fundamentalists.
Such is their proclivity to come out of the woodwork when they see the word "homosexuality".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity