Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times

Advertisements

-A.E. Saxby-
Quote:
The drama of creation begins with a scene in which the first Adam takes a step that Ieads all his posterity into ruin and death. It closes with a vision in which the last Adam presents to the Father, as a fruit of His Cross and Throne, a universe of beings delivered from sin and death, and worshipping in adoring wonder at His feet. This is the "purpose of the ages." (Eph. 3:11). This is the goal of creation. Then will Christ see of the travail of His soul and be SATISFIED.
Romans 5:18,19

"For as by one man's disobedience polus were made sinners,

SO

by the obedience of One shall polus be made righteous.

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound/pleonazo.

BUT

But where sin pleonazo (ed), grace did much more abound/huperperisseuo (ed)"

Jesus Christ the predestined Lord of the Universe meets pleonazo with huperperisseuo!

Sin abounds: His grace abounds beyond measure!
Sin abounds: His grace abounds exceedingly!
Sin abounds: His grace overflows the banks!

The Scope Of Adam one: Pleonazo

Pleonazo=

To superabound/ to exist in abundance.
To increase/ be augmented/ to make increase.

The Reconciliation Of Jesus Christ: Combination Of Huper+Perisseuo
Huper=

In behalf of/ For the sake of.
Over/ beyond/ more than.
More/ Beyond/ Over.

Perisseuo=

To exceed a fixed number of measure.
To be left over and above a certain number or measure.
To be over/ to remain.
To exist or be at hand in abundance.
To be great (abundant)
A thing which comes in abundance, or overflows unto one.
Something falls to the lot of one in large measure.
To redound unto, turn out abundantly for, a thing.
To abound, overflow.
To be abundantly furnished with, to have in abundance.
Abound, to be in affluence.
To be pre-eminent, to excel.
To excel more than. To exceed.
To make to abound.
To furnish one richly so that he has abundance.
To make abundant or excellent.

Huper & Perisseuo= Huperperisseuo=

Huperperisseuo=

To abound beyond measure/ abound exceedingly.
To overflow/ to enjoy abundantly.
Perisseuo Rooted In Perissos

Perissos=

Exceeding some number or measure or rank or need.
Over and above, more than is necessary, super-added.
Exceeding abundantly, supremely.
Something further/ more/ much more than all/ more plainly.
Superior, extraordinary, surpassing, uncommon.
Pre-eminence, superiority, advantage, more eminent, more remarkable, more excellent.
Quote:
Assuredly the Bible is not the story of sin, deepening into eternal ruin, of God's Son, worsted in His utmost effort; it is from the opening to the close the story of grace stronger than sin--of life victorious over every form of death--of God triumphing over evil.
"...We must die, and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again. But God does not take away life; instead He deviseth ways for the banished to be restored."

His grace superabounds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
So what are you saying?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
You can convince people that it's in the Bible, but if they don't see the heart of God what's the point?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
I don't know if there is a literal hell. I don't know if those souls that are damned will spend eternity there. What I do know is that God is just. So if it exists and the damned spend eternity there, than it is just. And if there is some kind of reconciliation, than it is just as well. I will humble myself before the Lord, make no claims of fully understanding his ways, try my best to live obediently/faithfully, repent of my sins, and put my trust in him.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I don't know if there is a literal hell. I don't know if those souls that are damned will spend eternity there. What I do know is that God is just. So if it exists and the damned spend eternity there, than it is just. And if there is some kind of reconciliation, than it is just as well. I will humble myself before the Lord, make no claims of fully understanding his ways, try my best to live obediently/faithfully, repent of my sins, and put my trust in him.
Do you have doubt of a literal hell because how can you have trust in God's just nature about hell if you don't know if their is one?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:31 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
hell is sheer speculation no one has ever been there and come back to talk about it.
however i have seen some pretty good imitations right here.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
I equate heaven and hell to the old carrot and stick thing used to control mules, only in this case it's used to control people.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Hell is the refining process - even the weeping and gnashing of teeth we experience during our walk here on earth. It's age - related.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I equate heaven and hell to the old carrot and stick thing used to control mules, only in this case it's used to control people.
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Hell is the refining process - even the weeping and gnashing of teeth we experience during our walk here on earth. It's age - related.
Have you ever laughed on earth? If so then hell is not on earth because never once did Jesus say, anyone smiled, laughed, anything positive in hell.

If you have had positive moments on this planet then this is not hell.

and if there is no hell, then what may I ask, Jesus die for then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity