Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 03:17 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,133,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Isn't lying a sin too?

So if you are gay in your hear, but wan't to be a Christian are you supposed to lie about how you feel or more importantly, who you are?

It does seem like a bit of a contradiction to me.
We are to confess our sins to one another and pray for one another...How is this lying?...

Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,850,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Isn't lying a sin too?

So if you are gay in your hear, but wan't to be a Christian are you supposed to lie about how you feel or more importantly, who you are?

It does seem like a bit of a contradiction to me.
If a person feels that they are gay in their heart then they need to pray that the Lord change their heart. Confess your sins and have faith the Lord will change your heart. Why would you have to lie? I see no reason for anyone to lie.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If a person feels that they are gay in their heart then they need to pray that the Lord change their heart. Confess your sins and have faith the Lord will change your heart. Why would you have to lie? I see no reason for anyone to lie.
And what if the Lord tells them he will not change them? You act like millions of gay people haven't already done this with no results.

And don't even tell me they didn't pray hard enough or didn't want to change.

It's so obnoxious to see Fundies telling gay people how to stop being gay when they haven't the foggiest clue about anything.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,387,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And what if the Lord tells them he will not change them? You act like millions of gay people haven't already done this with no results.

And don't even tell me they didn't pray hard enough or didn't want to change.

It's so obnoxious to see Fundies telling gay people how to stop being gay when they haven't the foggiest clue about anything.
Those millions just aren't praying hard enough!!! They're just not un-gaying themselves right!.. If they can't, its only because they worshiped some animal statue at some point and God gave them over to it, just like Paul says in Romans!... In fact, they're really all praying to Satan to make them gayer!! Yeah that's it! A homosexual can't possibly pray to God with any honesty! ;p

Ok that was a pretty bad and over the top characture, but unfortunately for many, not as far off as I would like to hope as I've found with many people. It was mostly for comic relief anyways On the bright side, overcoming such a persons paradigm is alot easier than overcoming a homosexual's brain chemistry.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:06 PM

702 posts, read 963,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Some of us actually use our brains and learned a long time ago that Hebrew and Greek do not translate into English well. Homosexuality is an attraction, not a behavior. Orientation was not discovered until the 19th Century, so the Bible discusses it as much as it discusses cars and computers.
The text addresses both homosexual desire and homosexual behavior. The text says both are wrong. So what does bringing up orientation accomplish?

Last edited by Jremy; 02-06-2012 at 02:25 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 881 times
Where has anyone in the world ever seen two male animals together in a relationship having sex? GOD told Noah to bring along two of each animal, one male and one female. Note to self....NOT two of the same sex. duh!
In Gen. 6:19ff. Noah is instructed to bring mated pairs of every kind of bird, every kind of animal, and every kind of creature that moves along the ground. In Gen. 7:2ff. He is more specifically instructed to bring seven mated pairs (14) of clean animals and seven pairs of all birds.

Notice the word MATED pairs. why is this? so they can reproduce. duh!

Two of the same can not reproduce.duh!

If it were meant for us to be mated with the same sex then GOD would have never said go forth and multiply. Genesis 9:7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it.

Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell

So if that little member of your body has you doing what you want to do to please yourself then cut it off and do as GOD would have you to do to please HIM.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
I originally posted this over in the thread about gay rights, but then I decided to start a new thread on it here since it is basically a different topic.

Many claim that evangelical Christians misinterpret the Bible to support their stance against homosexuality. In light of that, I'd like to bring up a passage of scripture to consider: Romans 1:18-32 (ESV, emphasis added). I've read this passage many times, and I cannot see how it could be interpreted in any other way than as a condemnation of homosexuality as well as other sins:

The text clearly indicates that:
  • homosexuality is the result of a divine judgment brought about by idolatry (verses 23 and 25)
  • the acts are described as "dishonoring of their bodies among themselves" (v. 24)
  • God gave them over to "impurity" (v. 24)
  • the passions are called "dishonorable" (v. 26)
  • the relations are called "contrary to nature" (v. 26)
  • the acts are called "shameless" (v. 27)
Therefore, the import of this text is that homosexuality is wrong. No excuse is made for it, and it is described as both wrong and opposed to God, as are the other sins listed in verses 29-31.
Simply?...Yes...

Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Those millions just aren't praying hard enough!!! They're just not un-gaying themselves right!.. If they can't, its only because they worshiped some animal statue at some point and God gave them over to it, just like Paul says in Romans!... In fact, they're really all praying to Satan to make them gayer!! Yeah that's it! A homosexual can't possibly pray to God with any honesty! ;p

Ok that was a pretty bad and over the top characture, but unfortunately for many, not as far off as I would like to hope as I've found with many people. It was mostly for comic relief anyways On the bright side, overcoming such a persons paradigm is alot easier than overcoming a homosexual's brain chemistry.
Do you mean the same brain chemestry that makes one Bi-Polar?...The same brain chemestry that makes one a pedophile?...The same brain chemistry that makes one love killing?...

So, if we are to accept that chemical imbalance in the brain of a gay person as natural...Then why do we shove drugs down the throat of a Bi-Polar person in order to stabilize them?...Why do we put a pedophile away in a prison and then mark him for the rest of his life after he has paid his debt, put him in front of a shrink and call it a disorder?...Why do we call a person who loves to kill, sick and demented, especially those that went away to war normal and came back in a different condition, and then he must be de-briefed before integating him back into society?...

Why must we label all these other acts as deviant behaviors, but, we label homosexuality as normal?...Why do we not attempt to find something in the scriptures to twist in order to justify the deviant behaviors also?...We can use the account of Lot and his daughters to justify incest...We can use the account of David to justify killing thousands...One can twist most any Scripture to justify most anything...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,167,727 times
Its sad this debate still continues when you turn on a TV and see the media love affair with that lifestyle. The scriptures below clearly shows it wrong from a Old and New Testament view. Leviticus defines sexual immorality, and Paul confirms it in the NT, and 1 Corinthians & Revelation confirms even more this type of lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of heaven. So if heterosexuality having sex outside of marriage hopping from one person to the next is considered sexual immorality, so is homosexuality since God never authorized or approved same sex anything.

And yes Christ calls for us to Love one another, but that doesnt mean to approve that type of behavior, Love is not calling them derogatory names and praying for that person that Christ can deliver them from that lifestyle just like any other lifestyle... alcoholism, lie, stealing, killing, etc....nothing is impossible through Christ.

Leviticus 18:22

King James Version (KJV)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26-32

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[e] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Its sad this debate still continues when you turn on a TV and see the media love affair with that lifestyle. The scriptures below clearly shows it wrong from a Old and New Testament view. Leviticus defines sexual immorality, and Paul confirms it in the NT, and 1 Corinthians & Revelation confirms even more this type of lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of heaven. So if heterosexuality having sex outside of marriage hopping from one person to the next is considered sexual immorality, so is homosexuality since God never authorized or approved same sex anything.

And yes Christ calls for us to Love one another, but that doesnt mean to approve that type of behavior, Love is not calling them derogatory names and praying for that person that Christ can deliver them from that lifestyle just like any other lifestyle... alcoholism, lie, stealing, killing, etc....nothing is impossible through Christ.

Leviticus 18:22

King James Version (KJV)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26-32

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[e] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

It's sad that people like you know nothing about what those verses meant in the original language and culture, and instead decide to lie for Jesus by attacking an entire group of people. Jesus would declare you a hypocrite and brood of vipers just like the Pharisees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity