Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Mat 5:48)

He knows there is nothing good in us, but He also knows His Son is what He desires in all of us. There is only one way we can "achieve" perfection, and that is to lose (deny) our life and live through Him.

I wish this was preached from the pulpit...
Wow!! This is something to totally meditate on. In order to be perfect I have to allow Christ to live through me.. In other words perfection is only accomplished through Christ and has nothing to do with me. I just need to let go and let God take control of my life. And how do I do that? By allowing the Word to saturate my thoughts and renew my thinking. Only then will I act on what I am thinking. Thoughts proceed action.. Therefore it starts with our thinking. And the obedience is getting into His Words and submitting to it or agreeing with it.

This is good little elmer, good!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Pitting Jesus against His Father in purpose is backward theology.

Just sayin'.
Hmmm, I am not sure I agree with you lil elmer. Isn't Jesus like the attorney that continually goes before the Father (the Judge) on our behalf? I am sorry but I cannot find the scripture that references what I just said. Maybe I am wrong so don't quote me here.

Also, didn't Jesus ask God to "forgive them Father for they know not what they do"? He did pray that prayer because Jesus is the bridge to the Father.

Maybe the comment was not said in the right context or misunderstood...

Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The quickest way to solve your problem is QUIT LISTENING TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
..good point and God has spoken to me about not being distracted. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Good point!!! Thanks.
Just curious, Raelyn . . . you use the blue sarcastic smiley in many of your posts . . . like this one. Are you aware that it indicates you are being sarcastic . . . . making whatever you said preceding it insincere??

Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just curious, Raelyn . . . you use the blue sarcastic smiley in many of your posts . . . like this one. Are you aware that it indicates you are being sarcastic . . . . making whatever you said preceding it insincere??
lol, no I didn't realize that. It just looks like a smiley face to me.. Oh my.. I have probably been ticking people off right and left.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
lol, no I didn't realize that. It just looks like a smiley face to me.. Oh my.. I have probably been ticking people off right and left.

Thanks for sharing.
NP . . . if you mouseover the smileys they will tell you what they are (for those that aren't obvious).

Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
NP . . . if you mouseover the smileys they will tell you what they are (for those that aren't obvious).
Geez now I feel pretty stupid on top of everything else. And thanks I never saw the thing with the mouse. I honestly never saw that before. And don't tell anyone I am blonde...

Old 01-06-2010, 12:43 AM

696 posts, read 916,127 times
While I have noticed that some define Obedience as following God I think that is a bit simplistic as it was proven by our Jewish forefathers that not one can be obedient to God. I view Obedience first and foremost as accepting Christ as my saviour. This is truely all the obedience we can show. As I find that I still have sin and I still fall short of the glory of God as Paul so eloquently points out, the only obedience I can show is acceptance of Christ as my saviour. When the end comes Im sure Christ will show me something different, but until then it is to Christ I cling.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM

823 posts, read 1,402,717 times
Quote:
Geez now I feel pretty stupid on top of everything else. And thanks I never saw the thing with the mouse. I honestly never saw that before. And don't tell anyone I am blonde...
You have a great sense of humour Raelyn and a wonderful attitude

Old 01-06-2010, 04:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Wow!! This is something to totally meditate on. In order to be perfect I have to allow Christ to live through me.. In other words perfection is only accomplished through Christ and has nothing to do with me. I just need to let go and let God take control of my life. And how do I do that? By allowing the Word to saturate my thoughts and renew my thinking. Only then will I act on what I am thinking. Thoughts proceed action.. Therefore it starts with our thinking. And the obedience is getting into His Words and submitting to it or agreeing with it.

This is good little elmer, good!!!
Yes, Raelyn.....Amen!! It is Christ in us that brings the hope of His glory. Perfecting our minds and heart (choices) as we surrender minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.
As we Let go and let the Word of God saturate our minds it then renews our thoughts, ways, reasoning, goals, ambitions, to become His which then produces the obedience of Christ' nature in our hearts, minds, lives.

I have experienced as we act (choose) upon His will (word) it then brings forth the fruit of His Spirit' power and our flesh no longer has that power over us .....trying to dominate us, but it is weakened by the power of God's word through His Spirit and therefore we will not go against Him, the Spirit of God giving us the desire, a wanting in us to yield to the Father. And then we see His thoughts become our thoughts, His ways become our ways all the time.

Sometimes I have notice in my own life that you don't even realize it till the war in our minds is over. The war of that which has invaded our minds from either our flesh, the world, or the enemy, that Christ (the word) has cast it down the argument and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, that we know in our hearts, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
That is why it is so important to be and get into His word letting it saturate our lives and become the very essence of our nature. Then we will see that we have become more then conquerers through Christ Jesus.

Have you ever seen you'll be going on in your day and a thought may come into your mind of the flesh and then another thought comes along side of it which that thought is the word, nature of God and you find your self yielding, choosing the very nature of Christ to meditate upon without any struggle, surrendering to it instead of the first thought that came of the flesh trying to overtake our minds? Yet it can not....God giving the way of escape, that we will/can come out from under it, the temptation to walk in the flesh....
Aw, walking in the Spirit.............
It is a wonderful place to be, resting in Him.....knowing, believing that He will bring forth all that is needed and in what the Father desires of us drawing us closer to home.....

Blessings...

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-06-2010 at 04:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity