U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,223 posts, read 57,377,537 times
Reputation: 52084

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Wow, I'm from the Cleveland area and am thinking about relocating to Cincinnati after I graduate college this Summer, but this thread is making me feel like if I move there I will not be welcomed and will hate my life

I understand I need to experience it for myself, but whew, this thread sure makes Cincinnati look like one very big intimidating city to someone not from there.
It might take you some time to become acclimated, but you won't hate it. I moved from Cleveland to Cincinnati many, many moons ago, and after I learned to laugh about the "You're not from around here, are you?" business -- not to mention the pitying looks I got from people when I told them I was from Cleveland, even though 99 percent of the people giving me those pitying looks had ever been to Cleveland -- I grew to love the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Ohio
904 posts, read 1,589,623 times
Reputation: 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
If this internet discussion thread from complete strangers that don't know each other is enough to sway someone from moving here, may I suggest life management therapy classes ASAP.
Lol I never said I wouldn't move there because of the comments, I said BECAUSE of the comments it makes it SEEM LIKE I wouldn't be welcomed and all that stuff. I'm a firm believer I can only judge a place if I've been there for a few days, so I'll have to do that. I'd never let people on a message board dictate what I do lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,847,086 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Wow, I'm from the Cleveland area and am thinking about relocating to Cincinnati after I graduate college this Summer, but this thread is making me feel like if I move there I will not be welcomed and will hate my life
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Lol I never said I wouldn't move there because of the comments, I said BECAUSE of the comments it makes it SEEM LIKE I wouldn't be welcomed and all that stuff. I'm a firm believer I can only judge a place if I've been there for a few days, so I'll have to do that. I'd never let people on a message board dictate what I do lol.
That's what I'd recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 01:27 PM
 
10 posts, read 43,214 times
Reputation: 11
Cincinnati is a great place to live and work. You will like it here as the city and the surrounding areas have a lot to offer. Welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 10:35 AM
 
4 posts, read 6,017 times
Reputation: 14
Hi --First time ever on a blog but we are getting ready to move BACK to Cincy area from a resort area that is really building up. Kids are there and want to spend time with grandchildren. Does anyone know anything about development in Lebanon--Walnut Hills? Or developer--Potter Hills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 AM
 
38 posts, read 61,735 times
Reputation: 26
After reading this thread it seems that many people are concerned about racism/segregation. I know all cities have this but how bad is it in Cincy?

I ask because I may be moving there later this summer to attend school and I currently live in a city where there are ALL types of people (a college town) and I have grown to love it! I would just hate to move to a city where segregation is so prevalent; I could move back to my home town if I wanted that.

So really, whats the deal with the minority/majority situation in Cincy?

(This question would probably be best answered by the NON-Cincy natives because natives are usually blind to problems like this because they are accustomed to it)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:12 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,993 times
Reputation: 11
Default You are ?"&%^#

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Most of the bash Cincinnati threads go by without my sticking my $02 in. But every now and then I think it is a good idea to add some reality to this discussion. Cincinnati has some really good low cost neighborhoods. You don't live in one? Too bad, I do and I'm just fine with it. Cincinnati has some great activities for singles. You weren't invited? Too bad. Get to know people and support the institutions that sponsor these activities and you can go to them. Don't like the Bengals? I don't either. But, I could go to a professional football game here if I wanted to and root for the Steelers. Only 32 cities have an nfl team. Did you say you like concerts? Riverbend is as nice a place to listen to the Cincinnati Pops or get wasted and go to the Aerosmith concert next weekend. Oh, you need a big concert every weekend. OK, move to LA. That will improve your lifestyle if you make about $500,000 per year, which is the entry level for good living in LA, Ny, Boston and Phily. Miami? Has anyone ever seen the Miami Art Museum? I have. Its pure crap. Nothing in the entire museum worth paying security guards to protect. Restaurants? Not only do we have great restaurants, they are democratic. Meaning, if you are a peon which most of us are, you can still have dinner at the best restaurant in town. Try that in LA. Sorry, Mr. Peon, we seem to have lost your reservation.

I think things are just fine here. But, then, I've sort have got things arranged the way I like them.

if you think cincinnati is worth a dollar you are sadly stupid!
One of the worst cities in the world! I call it the Matrix ! It is not a real city with real people just portions of a false reality!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Middletown, Ohio
1,727 posts, read 2,227,964 times
Reputation: 6382
Exclamation Talk About Serving Up A Hittable Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by juchepi View Post
if you think cincinnati is worth a dollar you are sadly stupid!
One of the worst cities in the world! I call it the Matrix ! It is not a real city with real people just portions of a false reality!
If you think that anyone in Cincinnati gives more than a passing glance at your so-called opinion, then your life must truly exist in a vacuum...

Cincinnati is no Garden Of Eden, by any stretch of the imagination...but it IS a place that people have chosen to live and raise families in...you should read (and respect) more posts on here by folks like Wilson1010, HartwellGirl, Ohiogirl81 (who lives in PHILADELPHIA, and STILL has nice things to say about the city), CrewChief, Cincy-Rise, RestorationConsultant, GoyGuy (a veritable fountain of info, and HE doesn't live here either!)...the list goes on...

If your best shot is to sign up for this forum, solely for the purpose of issuing a snarky 1st post, then you're really reaching---or should I have said 'sadly stupid'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati
94 posts, read 205,549 times
Reputation: 25
I'm not a Cincinnati native, and I love living here. Are there some things I would change? Sure. Transportation would be #1. However, it's what you make of it. There are tons of friendly people, things to do downtown, beautiful parks, festivals galore etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 AM
 
Location: Near L.A.
4,114 posts, read 8,908,656 times
Reputation: 3297
For friendly people, IMO, you have to go to places like Austin, Houston or Ft. Worth. I like that type of friendly myself. Even people from Seattle and coastal California are friendly, in my experience.

I don't find Cincinnatians to be friendly or jovial. They don't seem to know how to smile much here. I liked the area (I live in N. KY near the river, can be in DT Cincy in three minutes) for the first 5-6 months, but now I'm devising my exit strategy. Cincinnati can be very beautiful and there are ton of festivals and attractions to do and see, but it would be much better without most Cincinnatians.

My exit strategy has an ultimate destination in TX, WA or CA.

(Duck)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top