Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
The 2 Top are out of the question, San Francisco and Houston it deepens on what your taking about it can go either way depending of the subject.

And also Houston is not a Southeast city you said that on another page.
I don't think I did. I said,
Quote:
Basically, I just don't get what the big deal is comparing ATL to Charlotte. They're both rapidly growing cities located in the south east.
I would never consider Houston a "South Eastern" city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I'm in total disagreement.
and my world has crumbled around me...

Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
and my world has crumbled around me...
That wasn't my intention, but ok.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
Quote:
I don't think I did. I said,
I would never consider Houston a "South Eastern" city.
Your right I'm sorry you said Charlotte. I reedited the post I responded to you. Comparing Charlotte to Atlanta is like comparing Sacramento to San Francisco or Austin to Houston. In fact to answer your earlier question Atlanta would be in the middle between LA's tire and Charlotte's tire.” the only things Atlanta and Charlotte have in common are regional things. Their's nothing wrong with comparing them but they're two different tires and it might come as unfair.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM

725 posts, read 1,511,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The only real classic albums i heard out of atlanta only came from outkast. The rest ehh
Thanks for your opinion... I like Luda's, TI, Jeezy, Gucci, P. Troy, lil John, heck I like all the joints that come out and have a good vibe... even the mixtapes...

well between me and u I think we have 4 cents... I guess we can buy some of the bubble gum rap fm NY... J/k

Last edited by theATLien; 08-20-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 AM

725 posts, read 1,511,009 times
Quote:
I'll admit that I misunderstood what you were asking- but you still questioned me, taking it out of context. Out of all the possibilities (from what the OP mentioned), what is the most logical comparison.

ATL vs NYC
ATL vs Chicago
ATL vs San Francisco
ATL vs Houston
ATL vs Charlotte

What is so bad with thinking ATL is more on a level with Charlotte than any of the above? (Houston is an exception)
The more logical comparison is ATL vs Houston...

However... if you think about it Atlanta has been compared to all the above metros more than Charlotte. Because ATL may have a comparative advantage in some areas over the other metros such as COL, nightlife, future, landscapes, etc... though there are differing opinions

whereas the comparitive advantages that Charlotte would have are advantages with ATL too... since they are soo similar.

Basically it's easier to compare and contrast things that are diffrent than things that are similar. Charlotte is like a smaller Atlanta

Last edited by theATLien; 08-20-2010 at 07:43 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
Can we please stop talking about what "tire" Charlotte is in and start talking about tiers. It's hard to believe you know what you're talking about if you can't spell it. I usually don't care about spelling/grammar on forums but when it's your main point...come on.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,306,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Your right I'm sorry you said Charlotte. I reedited the post I responded to you. Comparing Charlotte to Atlanta is like comparing Sacramento to San Francisco or Austin to Houston. In fact to answer your earlier question Atlanta would be in the middle between LA's tire and Charlotte's tire.” the only things Atlanta and Charlotte have in common are regional things. Their's nothing wrong with comparing them but they're two different tires and it might come as unfair.
I think this is spot on. Although IMO, Comparing ATL to Chicago, NYC, LA, and SF is also out the question. However from then on I would consider a comparison fair game. Some ATL boosters put ATL in the same league as those cities I just mentioned, or so it appears. Which is fine, I would assume some think I do the same for Charlotte.

I think Charlotte and ATL can be compared for regional purposes mainly. They are definitely not in the same tier. However, in the 21st century you don't need to be in the same tier in order gain economic enhancements over a regional or national competitor.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I think this is spot on. Although IMO, Comparing ATL to Chicago, NYC, LA, and SF is also out the question. However from then on I would consider a comparison fair game. Some ATL boosters put ATL in the same league as those cities I just mentioned, or so it appears. Which is fine, I would assume some think I do the same for Charlotte.

I think Charlotte and ATL can be compared for regional purposes mainly. They are definitely not in the same tier. However, in the 21st century you don't need to be in the same tier in order gain economic enhancements over a regional or national competitor.
Agreed, but I will say that Atlanta is up there with those cities from a media standpoint.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
Agreed, but I will say that Atlanta is up there with those cities from a media standpoint.

Serously? NYC and LA

see this is where the forum goes nuts, for whatever reason Atl posters have a significantly loftier perception of their city than anyone else does.

Media? Really up there with NY, up there with LA? please dont tell me CNN and the weather channel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City