Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 01:18 PM

78 posts, read 199,785 times

Advertisements

We will try to meet up with everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM

17 posts, read 40,305 times
Just took the family for an outing to SJP to walk the "land". Stoney, I really appreciate the time you spent with us today! Texas Tim...nice to briefly meet you!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:54 AM

IsleBback

Nice to meet you and look forward to having you as a neighbor.Good luck with the building. We are very fortunate to have people like Stoney to help us out. He knows SJP inside out and gives very honest opinions.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 AM

383 posts, read 892,222 times
Stoney is the man. It is kind of cool that we are all becoming friends via this page and building SJP around the same time. Best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year. My wife and I look forward to seeing you all in the new year.

Best Regards,

Pony

Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM

158 posts, read 315,808 times
Default My Visit to SJP and Happy New Year!

Hi All,

Last week I made a quick visit to SJP to check out some model homes as well as be there for some friends who were touring the property for the first time. I would had liked to have been able to meet some of you for lunch, but I wanted to ab available to assist my friends with the next phase in their life. Like just about everyone, they were impressed with what SJP had to offer. Hopefully they will join me as your future neighbors.

As for me, looking at model homes and those homes under construction helped me narrow my search a little bit. Unfortunately, every time I see a new house I get new ideas of additional features to incorporate in my future home.

When I talk to my friends who introduced me to SJP, they always mention how friendly people are down there. Last week I experienced that for the first time. While visiting my property I decided to check out the neighbors house that is two lots from mine. When I was down at Labor Day the house was under construction and I wanted to see how it turned out. Well, I was "caught" checking out the house from a distance by the owner of the house who could not had been more friendly. He called his wife over we had a nice chat and they gave my friend and I a tour of their house and answered a ton of questions. They seem like fine people, they are from New England, so to me that is a good indicator!

Later on I was walking over to my next door neighbor's house as they were arriving home and just like their neighbors, they invited my friend and I inside for the tour and we had a great conversation. Very friendly people. I noticed what looked like a dog house in their yard. I thought it was strange that there was a dog house, but they did not have a dog. As it turned out, the dog house was just a housing for a well/pump station that my neighbors use for irrigation. They mentioned that water (as compared to the Baltimore/Washington area) is expensive and the cost for a well for irrigation pays for it self relatively quickly. I think I will be looking in to having a well for irrigation.

My dealing with the POA for a transponder and account access went flawlessly as did my "photo secession" for my Membership card for the Clubs at St James. Hopefully the card will be arriving in the mail in a day or two. All in all a good experience at SJP.

To my future neighbors, may you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Paul

Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM

169 posts, read 583,280 times
Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 7th, we will be wearing name tags, see y'all then bill and barbara voss

Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 PM

Looking forward to seeing you. Are we meeting at Tommy's? What time? We are available around 1ish.
Pony(Mark and Carol)

Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 AM

1:00 at Tommy's sounds good

Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM

169 posts, read 583,280 times
Tommy's is fine see you there.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 PM

Default Look forward to Seeing You

I am looking forward to visiting SJP. You won't be able to miss me at Tommy's. I will be wearing the red hat with the big "R" on it.

Take care.

Pony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina