Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
^oh ok, I just noticed it lol do you know why they don't have any of the other retailers signs up?
If it's signage along Memorial, the stores likely have to pay to have a sign there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
^but it only seems logical that they or the developer would pay for that.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:59 PM

232 posts, read 475,210 times
Quote:
^but it only seems logical that they or the developer would pay for that.
The sign was built along with Cheddars. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Quote:
I was on Memorial just then and I saw that they put the Dicks Sporting Goods on the Galleria's Sign. That kind of surprised me considering that Kohls, Fresh Market nor Sears have signs up but Cheddars and Dicks does.
Sears is not part of the Galleria. Their property and building are owned by a completely different company that I believe is a subsidiary of Sears.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
how in the world does Rocky Mount have a Cheescake Factory? The city on the rise is one of the armpits of North Carolina.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 AM

895 posts, read 2,096,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
how in the world does Rocky Mount have a Cheescake Factory? The city on the rise is one of the armpits of North Carolina.
???????

Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM

77 posts, read 150,853 times
Indeed, WTF?

The Cheesecake Factory Restaurant Locations in North Carolina (NC)

Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
I heard that the Quarry opened up the other night where the old Boli's used to be. Has anyone been there?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM

there was a job listing on careerbuilder for the cheesecake factory in Rocky mount, so I just assumed they had one..didn't do research. Here is the link:

Manager, Quality Assurance - Rocky Mount, NC Jobs in Rocky Mount, North Carolina - The Cheesecake Factory

Upon reading this sounds like Rocky Mt. has a bakery or something for the cheesecake factory, not a restaurant. my bad.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Minor League Baseball in Greenville?

This is from Councilman Mercer's news letter:

Quote:
MINOR LEAGUE TEAM TO GREENVILLE?

Would we want and would it be feasible to bring a minor league team to our area?

I do not now know the answers to those questions. But in conversations with a number of
people over the past weeks, I think it may be a good time to look at these questions, at
least informally and in a preliminary way. At this point, I would like to get feedback from
the public to get a sense of whether or not the public would like for this topic to be further
explored.

This idea has been discussed in years past. Since that time, Kinston has lost its minor
league team and Greenville has continued to grow in population. The conditions may be
right to revisit this topic.

As with any big project, it would be critical to get the finances right and to get buy-in from
various sectors of our community.

Although it is dated, I have found helpful Arthur T. Johnson's Minor League Baseball and
Local Economic Development. It gives case studies of other cities, addresses the critical
issue of the stadium, and focuses on the economic development aspects. I do think that
any discussion of bringing a minor league team to our area should be framed in the
context of quality of life and economic development, two things which are certainly very
much related.

I have spoken with ECU Athletic Director Terry Holland about this. He has experience
addressing this topic in another city and has been very kind in helping me understand
pitfalls and challenges. He said he would have no problem if a minor league team came to
Greenville, but that it would be important to understand that it would not be workable for
the ECU athletic facilities to play a role in that. I ran this paragraph by Coach Holland
before putting into this note.

I'm sure most of us enjoyed the colorful images of minor league baseball portrayed in the
Bull Durham film. An Uptown group of leaders who recently visited Durham were informed
of the important role of the Bulls in that city. Of course, Durham is very different from
Greenville and located in a very different kind of area.

Again, I am not necessarily advocating this idea. I am inviting feedback
(mercerc99@yahoo.com) on whether or not people think it might be good to at least do
further exploration of it.

I would be in support of this if they could get a stadium in uptown, would do dramatic things for downtown. Will this ever happen..probably not, but I'm in support of at least exploring the idea.

Last edited by jpirate; 04-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina