Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 03:53 PM

75 posts, read 57,891 times

Advertisements

Southern, thanks for listing the top match ups and your picks. Here's my best guess

Baylor vs. Kansas State
Mississippi State vs. Missouri
Penn State vs. Northwestern
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia
Duke vs. North Carolina
Vanderbilt vs. Florida
Kentucky vs. Georgia
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh
Stanford vs. Colorado
Florida State vs. Clemson
Arkansas vs. Ole Miss
Arizona State vs. Washington State
Iowa vs. Indiana
TCU vs. Oklahoma State
South Carolina vs. Tennessee
Michigan State vs. Nebraska
Utah vs. Washington
Auburn vs. Texas A&M
LSU vs. Alabama
Minnesota vs. Ohio State
Arizona vs. USC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Let's take another crack at these:

Baylor vs. Kansas State. New QB + gauntlet coming up + weekday road game = a very close game. I'll take Baylor but by less than a touchdown.
Mississippi State vs. Missouri. How the hell did Missouri start the season in the top 25?? I knew they were a fraud the weekend they needed a blocked field goal to beat UConn
Penn State vs. Northwestern. I think they should be able to beat Penn State at home.
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia. First team to 60 wins?? Does either team know what a "defense" is??
Duke vs. North Carolina. UNC is a good team (if the ACC wants to rank a 3rd ACC team after FSU/Clemson it should be UNC) plus the loss by Duke last week could linger.
Vanderbilt vs. Florida. Florida clinches a spot in Atlanta for December 5.
Kentucky vs. Georgia. I don't want to pick either!
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh. I said last week Pitt would go 0-3 in their next 3 games. Last week was #1, this is #2...
Stanford vs. Colorado. I'll bite and take the Buffs for my "upset of the week." Played really well last week @ UCLA, while Stanford was lucky to escape Pullman. Since Colorado has been dreadful ever since they came into the league I doubt Stanford pays much attention to them this week, and this year they aren't the punching bag they've been the last 4 or 5 years.
Florida State vs. Clemson. Clemson by 3+ touchdown's, really I don't think this game is close at all.
Arkansas vs. Ole Miss. Ole Miss should win this at home.
Arizona State vs. Washington State. Cougs get bowl eligibility.
Iowa vs. Indiana. Iowa stays unbeaten.
TCU vs. Oklahoma State. I've got the Cowboys winning the Big 12 this year. Get all 3 (TCU, Baylor & Oklahoma) in Stillwater. Granted, they've been walking on thin ice, but they've played 8 games and they've won all 8.
South Carolina vs. Tennessee. South Carolina is terrible.
Michigan State vs. Nebraska. Last week was probably rock bottom for Nebraska this year but you really expect me to take a team that gave up 55 points to Purdue to beat a top 10, unbeaten team a week later??
Utah vs. Washington. I think the USC game exposed Utah, I got the dawgs winning this one.
Auburn vs. Texas A&M. Auburn is terrible.
LSU vs. Alabama. And watch both teams will still be in the top 4 next week.
Minnesota vs. Ohio State. Once again they'll struggle to put a bad team away, but like OK State every game they've played they've won.
Arizona vs. USC. Arizona lost by what, almost 50 points in Seattle last weekend?? Yah, no thanks!

Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Not for long. One of them has to lose this weekend.
When Alabama wins against LSU, LSU goes to #4 and Bama goes to #2. Clemson scores a solid win over FSU to stay at #1.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:45 PM

500 posts, read 583,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
When Alabama wins against LSU, LSU goes to #4 and Bama goes to #2. Clemson scores a solid win over FSU to stay at #1.

ROLL TIDE

Going to be a nail biter of a game. Got the defib ready!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:08 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Great games today!

Old 11-07-2015, 08:42 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
No review of block in the back they huddled for that and said it didn't happen, illegal man on the field would be a sideline warning, and a dead ball foul and would have been enforced on kick of or PAT if either needed to take place. So the only true gripe is a block in the back way back on the miami 15 which yes I agree was, and the knee down. Did he have full control of the ball when the knee hit, because if not then it was a fumble and recovered by Miami and the played continued. That is the thing people don't understand, when the ball is moving before the player hits the ground and the ball comes out it is a fumble. Sure the ACC is mad so are fans and media, but as a ranked team at home vs a back up qb, back up lb's, and an interim head coach you shouldn't have let it come to that. The refs were terrible all game period.
FALSE.

The refs used replay in determining the block in the back was legal. Just listen to the refs final address of the game. He specifically mentions that they determined it was a legal block.

Mike Pereira (former VP of officiating for the NFL) even addressed this in his Twitter feed after the game. He said: "More importantly they used replay to decide to pick up the flag for the block at the 25. Replay is not allowed to review a call for that"

He went on to say:

"Word is that the crew made the decision but that is bogus as the referee called over the officials after going back to talk to replay a 2nd time."

"So the crew used replay to pick up the flag ...."

So there you have it - dare I say an expert on officiating saying the refs stepped outside the rule book to decide a game.

And yes, the illegal man wouldn't have decided the game, but it's the cherry on top of evidence that the refs were not watching the game not doing their job when it mattered most.

So in conclusion, you have:

- unreviewable play reviewed
- Miami player with a knee down while in possession of the ball
- missed block in the back at the 15
- uncalled illegal man on the field

In other words, probably the worst example of officiating ever.

Regardless, the ACC has said Duke should've won the game. Now they need to work on a system for correcting egregious errors. Perhaps they should determine the last play of a game is reviewable until noon of the next day if there's a situation like this.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:23 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Temple and SMU played in a shootout yesterday. 60-40.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:37 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Pathetic game for Florida so far. 1 touchdown, 3 turnovers at halftime and losing to Vanderbilt at home.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Florida won 9-7. Maybe this is Florida's bad game. Maybe they'll rip apart South Carolina next week.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:59 PM

Jeez, Oklahoma State sure beat that frog ass, didn't they?

That game in Oxford...Holy crap.

Michigan whooped Rutgers. Also, Northwestern edged out Penn State.

Iowa escaped Indiana to stay unbeaten. I don't think Iowa can stay unbeaten for long.

North Carolina laid the spanking on Duke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football