Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 04:31 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Oklahoma State should be in over Notre Dame at this point. They just pounded TCU, a better quality win than anything Notre Dame has had this year.
I agree, but weren't they like 12 or 13 last week?? I just think that's not high enough to make the rise 8 or 9 spots. However I'll say this....IF they put Alabama #1 ahead of Clemson for beating the crap out of LSU, then they sure as hell better put Oklahoma State #4 for beating the crap out of TCU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 05:07 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I agree, but weren't they like 12 or 13 last week?? I just think that's not high enough to make the rise 8 or 9 spots. However I'll say this....IF they put Alabama #1 ahead of Clemson for beating the crap out of LSU, then they sure as hell better put Oklahoma State #4 for beating the crap out of TCU.
Oklahoma State was 14th in the playoff poll last week, and TCU was 8th, So i don't think that'll be enough to put the Pokes in the Top 4.

Alabama might go to number 1, But i don't know.

I will release my Week 11 selections and picks tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:40 PM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
By the end of the season Im predicting two losses for Clemson...
I think you're underestimating them. Clemson has been really solid (for the most part) on both sides of the ball this season. I don't think they'll win it all, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Go look at their recruiting classes the last few years, they've got some serious talent.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:25 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
I think you're underestimating them. Clemson has been really solid (for the most part) on both sides of the ball this season. I don't think they'll win it all, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Go look at their recruiting classes the last few years, they've got some serious talent.
Look at the NFL over the past few years.

Deandre Hopkins
Andre Ellington
Sammy Watkins
Martavis Bryant
Chandler Catanzaro
Vic Beasley

Old 11-11-2015, 04:44 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Hey, everyone. First off, Happy Veterans Day to everyone.

Next, Week 11 selections and picks.
USC vs. Colorado
Pittsburgh vs. Duke
Georgia vs. Auburn
Florida vs. South Carolina
Texas vs. West Virginia
Ohio State vs. Illinois
NC State vs. Florida State
Miami vs. North Carolina
Clemson vs. Syracuse
Alabama vs. Mississippi State
Kansas State vs. Texas Tech
Michigan vs. Indiana
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt
Memphis vs. Houston
Arkansas vs. LSU
Oregon vs. Stanford
Oklahoma vs. Baylor
Minnesota vs. Iowa
Washington State vs. UCLA

Here are my picks.
USC vs. Colorado (I expect USC to keep rolling.)
Pittsburgh vs. Duke (It was difficult for me to make a decision, But i think Duke's gonna turn around and beat Pittsburgh at home.)
Georgia vs. Auburn (Also hard for me to decide a winner, Because both teams right now...I know Auburn beat A&M, but A&M is the Charlie Brown of college football.)
Florida vs. South Carolina (I expect Florida to beat the hell out of South Carolina.)
Texas vs. West Virginia (Sorry, Longhorn fans. I don't think we'll have enough gas to come out of Morgantown with a win )
Ohio State vs. Illinois (Ohio State will pull it out again.)
NC State vs. Florida State (I think FSU gets another win.)
Miami vs. North Carolina (I didn't think this one would make the Week 11 selections cut. But it did, And my pick goes to North Carolina because they're rolling right now.)
Clemson vs. Syracuse (Look at who they're facing.)
Alabama vs. Mississippi State (Alabama in a close one.)
Kansas State vs. Texas Tech (I think Tech will be bowl eligible this season. It'd be nice after their last 3 games.)
Michigan vs. Indiana (Michigan knocks Indiana to their 6th straight loss.)
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt (That Vandy defense...)
Memphis vs. Houston (If Navy could do it, I think Houston can do it too.)
Arkansas vs. LSU (Don't except a blowout, folks. Arkansas always plays LSU tough, but they won't have enough gas to get the Golden Boot this time. Plus the fact that Arkansas shut LSU out 17-0 last year...)
Oregon vs. Stanford (Oregon is not as good as they were without Mariota. But if they win this, It shows how deadly of a knife fight the Pac-12 is right now.)
Oklahoma vs. Baylor (I needed an upset pick. I think this'll be the one, Because i am no longer convinced that Baylor will get in the playoff.)
Minnesota vs. Iowa (They have Canzeri back for this game.)
Washington State vs. UCLA (Yes. I'm picking Wazzu to beat UCLA...In Pasadena. Arizona State, a 4-5 team, already did that. So don't say Wazzu won't.)

Old 11-11-2015, 06:43 AM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Texas vs. West Virginia (Sorry, Longhorn fans. I don't think we'll have enough gas to come out of Morgantown with a win )
Never ever underestimate the levels of failure that Dana Holgorsen is capable of.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:59 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
USC vs. Colorado
Pittsburgh vs. Duke
Georgia vs. Auburn
Florida vs. South Carolina
Texas vs. West Virginia
Ohio State vs. Illinois
NC State vs. Florida State
Miami vs. North Carolina
Clemson vs. Syracuse
Alabama vs. Mississippi State
Kansas State vs. Texas Tech
Michigan vs. Indiana
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt
Memphis vs. Houston
Arkansas vs. LSU
Oregon vs. Stanford
Oklahoma vs. Baylor
Minnesota vs. Iowa
Washington State vs. UCLA

Old 11-11-2015, 02:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Im probably going more off of history. they seem to lose a couple games every time they are highly touted kind of like Georgia.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Im probably going more off of history. they seem to lose a couple games every time they are highly touted kind of like Georgia.
Everyone who knows Clemson has that in the back of their mind. And those who say they don't are lying. There's a reason for the term "Clemsoning"

Not so much worried about Syracuse or Wake Forest.. It's South Carolina that everyone is concerned about.

Rivalry game on opponents' field.. An opponent who has nothing to lose and you have nothing to gain. That's a recipe for a bad outcome.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
USC vs. Colorado. Not falling for this again.
Pittsburgh vs. Duke. I said 2 weeks ago that Pittsburgh would lose their next 3 games (vs. UNC & ND @ Duke) but man Duke was pitiful vs. UNC as I think the Miami game took the wind out of their sails. But I'm a man on my word, so no flip-flopping for me (even though I think Pitt actually wins this)....Duke
Georgia vs. Auburn. Ugh! 2 struggling teams!
Florida vs. South Carolina. Didn't look very good against Vandy, but I think they get the win in Columbia.
Texas vs. West Virginia. Texas still playing for a bowl and possibly Strong's job for next year
Ohio State vs. Illinois. It'll probably be close, but OSU wins another squeaker.
NC State vs. Florida State. Close, but the 'Noles get it done.
Miami vs. North Carolina. My "upset" of the week. Canes win another in North Carolina.
Clemson vs. Syracuse. This will be closer than the experts think, but gotta take the Tigers.
Alabama vs. Mississippi State. Dak Prescott is still pretty good.
Kansas State vs. Texas Tech. I'll take the home team
Michigan vs. Indiana. Wolverines should win this.
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt. I'm done with Kentucky this year!
Memphis vs. Houston. Tigers bounce back from Navy loss to hand the Cougars their first loss.
Arkansas vs. LSU. LSU keeps the Golden Boot.
Oregon vs. Stanford. Stanford keeps themselves in the playoff mix, and clinches a spot in Santa Clara.
Oklahoma vs. Baylor. Oklahoma beats Baylor this week & TCU next week; Oklahoma State beats Baylor next week. Nobody cares about TCU vs. Baylor anymore as the attention will all be on Bedlam instead that weekend.
Minnesota vs. Iowa. Iowa stays undefeated.
Washington State vs. UCLA. UCLA keeps themselves in the South race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football