Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
So, I'm still trying to figure out where you're going with this? If anyone on this entire forum is more pro gun than I am, by all means, please speak up.
All one needs to do is look into the world or reloading, and how most avid gun enthusiasts have supplies for 1000's of rounds to be reloaded.

The only thing that more gun control legislation accomplishes is making criminals out of the law abiding while diminishing our ability to defend ourselves and our families with the best equipment possible.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
So owning firearms for some of you is a fear-based proposition? So you envision protecting your family at the OK Corral from what? The Zombie Apocalypse? From The Revolution?

What's the difference between different types of gun owners? Like for instance, the sportsman type? The guy or gal who competes shooting targets from horseback, the hunter, the gun collector, the militant? Do they all weigh in the same on these issues?

With regards to ammo, what do you think of current ammo prices?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

It's about like buying ivory or rhino horn, the difference being I know where to buy those items, but not where to buy ammo. Maybe the DHS will give up some of their stocK?

Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So owning firearms for some of you is a fear-based proposition? So you envision protecting your family at the OK Corral from what? The Zombie Apocalypse? From The Revolution?

What's the difference between different types of gun owners? Like for instance, the sportsman type? The guy or gal who competes shooting targets from horseback, the hunter, the gun collector, the militant? Do they all weigh in the same on these issues?

To protect myself from the same criminal scum our fine law enforcement agencies deal with every day.

I'm amazed at how ignorant some people think that they'll never be a victim of crime, or that the heinous crimes we see happen on tv only happen to others.

The police don't have a duty to protect you, so then who is?

Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Even if all guns were confiscated tomorrow, I would still know where to get one. My own machine shop, perhaps. I could make a firearm in a few hour's time.
Really?

So, where is this machine shop, ryan?

Quote:
If these idiots had half a brain, they'd know to go after ammunition, not the guns. It would be like a car without fuel, a totally worthless paperweight.
Hmmmm, a very interesting point. As Chris Rock once mused, "If a bullet cost $5,000....."

Old 08-06-2013, 09:38 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
To protect myself from the same criminal scum our fine law enforcement agencies deal with every day.

I'm amazed at how ignorant some people think that they'll never be a victim of crime, or that the heinous crimes we see happen on tv only happen to others.

The police don't have a duty to protect you, so then who is?
Turkey Lurkey: "How do you know the sky is falling?"
Chicken Little: "I saw it with my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head!"

Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
Quote:
All one needs to do is look into the world or reloading, and how most avid gun enthusiasts have supplies for 1000's of rounds to be reloaded.

The only thing that more gun control legislation accomplishes is making criminals out of the law abiding while diminishing our ability to defend ourselves and our families with the best equipment possible.
Again, where are you going with this? I have 4 different presses, and enough brass, primers and lead to reload over 2 million rounds of various calibers. At what point was I advocating gun control? Go back and read the post again. Take a look for yourself.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Really?

So, where is this machine shop, ryan?

Hmmmm, a very interesting point. As Chris Rock once mused, "If a bullet cost $5,000....."
Heck, you could make a crude firearm out of a 2x4, a car antenna and a nail for a firing pin. It's been done. Also, people are making fully functional firearms with 3D printers now.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Again, where are you going with this? I have 4 different presses, and enough brass, primers and lead to reload over 2 million rounds of various calibers. At what point was I advocating gun control? Go back and read the post again. Take a look for yourself.
You made the claim that it would be easier to ban ammunition.

I'm making the claim that with the 100's of billions of reloading components, and the process being less mechanically involved than machining a lower for an AR15 or making your magazine, barrel, etc, that people would easily subvert any ammunition ban rendering it more worhless than even the most ineffective gun laws on the books, the NICS included.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Quote:
You made the claim that it would be easier to ban ammunition.

I'm making the claim that with the 100's of billions of reloading components, and the process being less mechanically involved than machining a lower for an AR15 or making your magazine, barrel, etc, that people would easily subvert any ammunition ban rendering it more worhless than even the most ineffective gun laws on the books, the NICS included.
Yes. The technology for "modern" ammo is 150 years old and hardly rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado