Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 06:16 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Oh please, do tell. Do I need to put my tin foil hat on for this?
No. I'll let you sit there and look stupid.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:32 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
We've been so focussed on the gun issue (which is admittedly the reason for the recalls) that nobody has mentioned the challengers.

Retired police officer George Rivera will challenge Giron for her seat. Former Colorado Springs city councilman Bernie Herpin will challenge Morse. Thoughts on the challengers?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:14 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Ooh. Keyboard muscles.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
I am now have second thoughts on the recall election. Last weekend the Chieftain had a good article on it talking about both candidates. The issue it brought up was with the democrats holding control over the senate and the house as well as the governor Pueblo could lose a lot of influence if we elect a republican. Plus since this is a democratic city it would be unlikely a republican could hold office for the next election so that would once again give Pueblo a freshman with little influence in Denver. So now I am not sure how I am going to vote.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
The campaign that Jiron is running has me wanting to vote against her.

She's going off about how wonderful she is with kids. In Pueblo, kids have been stupid, pregnant, criminal, or connected or a combination of those.

It's not Denver fat-cats who want her ousted. It's folks who don't want the constitution stepped on and want current laws enforced better.

Oh, and she's arrogant. Will it be a waste of money? Yes. Does that remove blame from her? No. Represent the people better and we won't have to oust you. I don't care if her tenure is one week. Do your job. She really threw Pueblo West under the bus too.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM

I agree she is running a bad campaign but I am still worried about losing influence in Denver for the next 4 years.....

Old 08-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am now have second thoughts on the recall election. Last weekend the Chieftain had a good article on it talking about both candidates. The issue it brought up was with the democrats holding control over the senate and the house as well as the governor Pueblo could lose a lot of influence if we elect a republican. Plus since this is a democratic city it would be unlikely a republican could hold office for the next election so that would once again give Pueblo a freshman with little influence in Denver. So now I am not sure how I am going to vote.
Here's the thing: You can support the recall election as a process that is legally supported by the State of Colorado's Constitution but still support the incumbent candidate. You don't have to agree with the cause behind the recall to support the recall itself. It's the idea you support, the idea that the people have a means to make their voices heard. You can support that idea while still supporting Giron.

When Scott Walker faced a recall, I supported him. I think he made a hard decision and believe public sector unions are a big part of why many states and localities are facing fiscal problems. Take a look at Detroit! So while I supported Walker, I also very much supported the right of the people of Wisconsin to issue a challenge to his seat behind the Governor's desk.

Last edited by iknowftbll; 08-05-2013 at 05:21 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Here's the thing: You can support the recall election as a process that is legally supported by the State of Colorado's Constitution but still support the incumbent candidate. You don't have to agree with the cause behind the recall to support the recall itself. It's the idea you support, the idea that the people have a means to make their voices heard. You can support that idea while still supporting Giron.

When Scott Walker faced a recall, I supported him. I think he made a hard decision and believe public sector unions are a big part of why many states and localities are facing fiscal problems. Take a look at Detroit! So while I supported Walker, I also very much supported the right of the people of Wisconsin to issue a challenge to his seat behind the Governor's desk.
I agree with the process I am just not sure I am going to vote her out of office now.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree with the process I am just not sure I am going to vote her out of office now.
Gotcha!

Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
So, I'm still trying to figure out where you're going with this? If anyone on this entire forum is more pro gun than I am, by all means, please speak up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado