Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 11:11 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

It's clear the deaf woman was dealing with an idiot. I would have argued maybe a few minutes and left. I'm sure there were other places open 24 hours. Then the next day contact the manager and explain what happened. I agree with others that it was ridiculous to argue 2 hours with an imbecile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 01:42 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The deaf lady and her son were on the wrong since the son could have just simply placed the order to avoid any issues.

There are a good amount of women who refer to each other and themselves as the B word as a form of empowerment or "street cred". I don't believe the word "broad" is so bad but white knight away if you wish..
The positive reps I received says otherwise. Your insistence on defending an employee who was clearly wrong says everything we need to know about you. Why should the son have to place the order because the employee was wrong for refusing to take an order from a person with a disability? It's illegal for a reason, because it's wrong. The woman was totally right to stand up to this A-hole who showed such terrible behavior. Good for her, this sort of behavior can not and will not be tolerated. Yet here you are, defending it.

As for the use of the term broad something tells me you have no street cred to protect so you have no reason to use the term, other than ignorance. It's as if you are totally unaware that African American's refer to themselves with the N word, that does not mean you and I can use the term freely. No son you are using a word from generations ago, a time when woman were treated with less respected. An outdated term not unlike "Negro". Broad is dated and offensive, please try and keep up.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-17-2019 at 01:52 PM..

Old 09-17-2019, 02:38 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The positive reps I received says otherwise. Your insistence on defending an employee who was clearly wrong says everything we need to know about you. Why should the son have to place the order because the employee was wrong for refusing to take an order from a person with a disability? It's illegal for a reason, because it's wrong. The woman was totally right to stand up to this A-hole who showed such terrible behavior. Good for her, this sort of behavior can not and will not be tolerated. Yet here you are, defending it.

As for the use of the term broad something tells me you have no street cred to protect so you have no reason to use the term, other than ignorance. It's as if you are totally unaware that African American's refer to themselves with the N word, that does not mean you and I can use the term freely. No son you are using a word from generations ago, a time when woman were treated with less respected. An outdated term not unlike "Negro". Broad is dated and offensive, please try and keep up.
Congrats on your reps!

Again, the deaf lady had options but she opted to do it the hard way. Since the deaf lady can't use the speaker box and the son is capable of using it is why i believe the son should have used it. (If all they wanted was food at 4am and not make life difficult for a minimum wage worker) This would have avoided delay in their order and service. Also, if you saw the video the guy was willing to take her order but requested she parked to avoid a backlog of cars but she refused.

If she was by herself with no person that had the ability to hear and speak then i would be more on her side.

Are you comparing the word broad with the N word? Is the word broad as bad as the B word?

The word broad is similar to the word chick, babe, doll, etc or referring to a group of ladies as guys. Some fem ladies and triggered white knights will be offended by the usage of those words.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:48 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Congrats on your reps!

Again, the deaf lady had options but she opted to do it the hard way. Since the deaf lady can't use the speaker box and the son is capable of using it is why i believe the son should have used it. (If all they wanted was food at 4am and not make life difficult for a minimum wage worker) This would have avoided delay in their order and service. Also, if you saw the video the guy was willing to take her order but requested she parked to avoid a backlog of cars but she refused.

If she was by herself with no person that had the ability to hear and speak then i would be more on her side.

Are you comparing the word broad with the N word? Is the word broad as bad as the B word?

The word broad is similar to the word chick, babe, doll, etc or referring to a group of ladies as guys. Some fem ladies and triggered white knights will be offended by the usage of those words.
No I was not comparing broad to the N word, I was just using it to respond to your argument that broad is used by others as a form of street cred. I was simply pointing out that that would also describe the use of the N word within the AA community. That does not give you the right to use either word.

But yes broad is very similar to "babe", "doll" etc. which were last heard in black and white movies and are now outdated and offensive. Calling a woman "doll" is demeaning and offensive, how do you not know this? If you referred to your server in a restaurant as "doll" or "babe" as well as "broad" you would sound like an ass. Does this really need to be explained to you? Really? Don't act like an ass would be my advice to you.

As for the story again why should the woman not stand up for herself to this idiot behind the glass? You act as if it's OK to offend the disabled, so she should have accommodated this idiot by having her son place the order? No she did the right thing by calling him out for his indefensible behavior and for standing up for herself and all other disabled folks.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-17-2019 at 03:31 PM..

Old 09-17-2019, 02:52 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
The word broad is similar to the word chick, babe, doll, etc
Ewwww

Old 09-17-2019, 03:22 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Congrats on your reps!

She didn’t opt to do it the hard way. She opted to force the store to abide by the law. This was a woman who has experienced discrimination her entire life and she’s fed up with it so now she calls it out when she sees it.She shouldn’t have to cower in the corner while someone else does things for her simply because people don’t know how to do their job.
Some things demand standing your ground, it became about principle, and the law, not simply the easiest way to order a burger. It’s obvious it was about more than a burger after the first ten minutes.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:23 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She didn’t opt to do it the hard way. She opted to force the store to abide by the law. This was a woman who has experienced discrimination her entire life and she’s fed up with it so now she calls it out when she sees it.She shouldn’t have to cower in the corner while someone else does things for her simply because people don’t know how to do their job.
Some things demand standing your ground, it became about principle, and the law, not simply the easiest way to order a burger. It’s obvious it was about more than a burger after the first ten minutes.
As a disabled person myself, there are a lot of things I cannot do for myself, without an inordinate amount of trouble for myself, people serving me, and bystanders. I've learned to graciously accept help, if it reduces complications, giving up some foolish Pride -- after all, one of the Seven Deadly Sins,

Old 09-17-2019, 10:53 PM

914 posts, read 642,575 times
Most who fill those jobs have come from a different culture. But even in the professional environment people have to learn, so we have to teach them the art of civil behavior as we get 'em. Most of us raised here in the USA have been taught as a child to be polite. Not always so in other cultures.

A foreign coworker admitted to me recently that they have no concept of manners. For example it is unheard of for such people to open a door for another (especially a woman) or to allow a a woman to enter the elevator first. He says, that's a stupid rule - I got there first, so I'll go in first. Why would I owe her? But then he is from a country that allows people to have indentured servants, which he takes liberty in bragging about way too often about his old life in India.

Conclusion: You cannot expect people who are not raised to have manners to treat others with any level of respect unless they are willing to adopt the social norms of the country they are living in. They cannot expect to hire black servants for pennies as you do in their country, yet the woke people here in CA seem all over these people. It doesn't make sense to the "woke" mentality --but that is another post.

Last edited by settled00; 09-18-2019 at 12:09 AM..

Old 09-18-2019, 04:06 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
As a disabled person myself, there are a lot of things I cannot do for myself, without an inordinate amount of trouble for myself, people serving me, and bystanders. I've learned to graciously accept help, if it reduces complications, giving up some foolish Pride -- after all, one of the Seven Deadly Sins,
That is not nearly the same as having to have someone help you because others will not do their job or don’t want to deal with you. It’s not about pride it’s about there’s a law that requires him to serve her and he refused to honor it. It’s about principle.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:11 AM

1 posts, read 302 times
Great [url]https://neirizpdelacruz4.wixsite.com/neirizdelacruz[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events