Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times

Advertisements

I track my food online and use the recipes online, I go to meetings every week. I pay monthly which entitles me to free online E-tools, recipes ect.... It cheaper in the long run paying monthly. If you pay weekly and then miss a meeting then you have to pay double the next time you go. I have been going to WW for a year now. I personally feel WW is a healthier way to eat, it's a lifestyle change NOT A DIET. I have never felt better and my husband is liking the recipes I am cooking. He has lost 85 lbs since last January just from eating better. He does not belong to WW he just eats what I cook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,224,162 times
So you are saying I pay a monthly fee and get both meetings and all the on-line stuff?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
So you are saying I pay a monthly fee and get both meetings and all the on-line stuff?
Yes that's correct . They send you a monthly pass in the mail. You go to the meetings and get all the materials you need to start WW. Stay after the meeting and the leader will explian how WW points plus works. The meetings usually last 40 min. Find a location, time and day that works for you. I go Sunday mornings. Good luck to you. If you have a smart or I phone you can get the WW app for it and they have a a scanner app for the phones to. You scan the foods at the supermarket and it automatically tells you the Points plus values. I don't use that feature because my cell phone is very outdated LOL. Find out from your leader and other members about the cell phone use.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I track my food online and use the recipes online, I go to meetings every week. I pay monthly which entitles me to free online E-tools, recipes ect.... It cheaper in the long run paying monthly. If you pay weekly and then miss a meeting then you have to pay double the next time you go. I have been going to WW for a year now. I personally feel WW is a healthier way to eat, it's a lifestyle change NOT A DIET. I have never felt better and my husband is liking the recipes I am cooking. He has lost 85 lbs since last January just from eating better. He does not belong to WW he just eats what I cook.
How come he doesn't belong to WW?
Thats an awesome story by the way. I don't belong to weight watchers either but would like to join with my husband. Right now I track my food online, count calories and I am doing pretty good. Losing about 1-2 pounds per week.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Yes that's correct . They send you a monthly pass in the mail. You go to the meetings and get all the materials you need to start WW. Stay after the meeting and the leader will explian how WW points plus works. The meetings usually last 40 min. Find a location, time and day that works for you. I go Sunday mornings. Good luck to you. If you have a smart or I phone you can get the WW app for it and they have a a scanner app for the phones to. You scan the foods at the supermarket and it automatically tells you the Points plus values. I don't use that feature because my cell phone is very outdated LOL. Find out from your leader and other members about the cell phone use.
HOw much is it per month?

Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
HOw much is it per month?
when I joined last year it was $39.95 per month, it may be a few dollars more than that now. Go online and check.www.weightwatchers.com
He doesn't go to WW because he can't be bothered with weighing and measuring his food, counting points ect... so he basically eats the lowfat food I cook, less portions, and has cut red meat out of his diet. We eat, chicken, fish and turkey and tons of fruits and veggies. He also had a diverticulitis attack in January of 2011 which sent him to the emergency room and he was on a liquid/bland diet for a month and suddenly he started shedding the pounds. It now takes gim longer to eat becuase he chews his food well instead of scarfing it down.He's eating less carbs too. He still has more weight to loose but he is alot healthier now.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,824,977 times
I cannot stress enough how important it is to go to the weekly meetings. For no other reason than to get weighed in. It is a HUGE motivator. Also the meetings are fun and they recognize people on their achievements so it can be very rewarding. Especially when you hit those big goals. Plus you get to know the people in your community that have the same goals.
Just about every town has a WW meeting place.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 AM

I had gained 2 lbs last week, but this week I am happy to say I lost 1.8 lbs and I think it had alot to do with the water I was drinking everyday. Each day I drank three 32 oz mugs of water. I usually don't drink enough because of all the times I have to go to the bathroom LOL. My goal is to do the same this week. I also ate less carbs this week too. 45.8 lbs total.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,009 times
Quote:
when I joined last year it was $39.95 per month, it may be a few dollars more than that now. Go online and check.www.weightwatchers.com
He doesn't go to WW because he can't be bothered with weighing and measuring his food, counting points ect... so he basically eats the lowfat food I cook, less portions, and has cut red meat out of his diet. We eat, chicken, fish and turkey and tons of fruits and veggies. He also had a diverticulitis attack in January of 2011 which sent him to the emergency room and he was on a liquid/bland diet for a month and suddenly he started shedding the pounds. It now takes gim longer to eat becuase he chews his food well instead of scarfing it down.He's eating less carbs too. He still has more weight to loose but he is alot healthier now.
I think it's $49.00 a month now.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 AM

I also cut back on the diet soda, I have not had any since Thursday. I am trying to only have a diet soda maybe once a week instead of the 3 cans a day I was having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss