Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times

Advertisements

Well this week was not a good week, I gained 2.8 lbs. was on carb overload this week, too much breads and pasta which is not the norm for me. Got back on track today. My husband is having surgery on the 13th and I am anxious about it so this week carbs were my Comfort food, I plan to try and loose that 2.8 this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 04:46 PM

859 posts, read 2,148,709 times
I joined online,,,,,,,, the Meetings might be nice for some but for me its not my cup of tea. Our Meeting was not fun nor helpful. It was more a Old Ladys club...... sorry but thats thoughts on it. I also know a few People who are doing it online and are doing fine and loosing weight.

I have a WW scale at Home, so far I lost 8.1 lbs in 2 weeks tomorrow is my 3 Week and weigh in morning, so we will see how I did.

I chart everything I eat online on my Tracker ,,,,,,,,and workout just about every day.

It was $ 42.99 for the meetings per Month or $ 54 for 3 months online 2 weeks ago.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I joined online,,,,,,,, the Meetings might be nice for some but for me its not my cup of tea. Our Meeting was not fun nor helpful. It was more a Old Ladys club...... sorry but thats thoughts on it. I also know a few People who are doing it online and are doing fine and loosing weight.

I have a WW scale at Home, so far I lost 8.1 lbs in 2 weeks tomorrow is my 3 Week and weigh in morning, so we will see how I did.

I chart everything I eat online on my Tracker ,,,,,,,,and workout just about every day.

It was $ 42.99 for the meetings per Month or $ 54 for 3 months online 2 weeks ago.
Congrats on your success so far. Good luck.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
If you prepay 16 wks (or is it 20), it's a little less $ (can't rem. the exact amount). It also gives me a more committed feeling (I dont want to throw away the $ if I lose interest so I push myself to go to the meetings and stay on track). That said, like everyone else, I have my good and bad weeks (and days). While I agree w/ the poster that it's sometimes like an old ladies club, it's motivating in that there are a lot of big losers in my group (have been in other groups where there arent, in fact the amounts were never mentioned) so for me that helps, while I dont think the leader has lost a big amount, she's very motivating and keeps me interested unlike the ho-hum meetings I've been to. Unfort. I'll be away for a while and will prob. be going back to those same ho-hum meetings, am kind of afraid not to go as I get distracted easily, am just hoping I dont slack off bc personally I really need the meetings and the leader in particular (am hoping eventually I wont, at least not as much) and dont trust myself not to go (actually sometimes I wish I could go more than just once a week, especially in anticipation of being away, I did get some hopefully-motivating books). Sometimes what one person says will make an impression even if you've heard it before. Am a private person though and while I realize 'sharing' is important, sometimes dont really like that they want you to speak out (esp. if i dont feel like sharing, esp. if I've had a not-so-great week, at those times just going to a meeting is a big effort).

Old 03-05-2012, 06:26 AM

I paid for a month worht of Meetins and its $ 42.99( 2 weeks ago) .........so I went with 3 Months for $ 53,99 being the Meetins wasnt worth it to me.

Glad your group is different, my Leader was boring, not helpful, nor was she encouraging, heck People there was more worried about how many pts are in a small mc donalds ice cream then real food.

I gained 1 oz .........lol....... hmmmmmmm lol 1 oz really !

I work out every day at least 35 on my Bike at mod. pace, then at night I zumba or Belly dancing. 35 min of Active points last Week. Did not work out last Night due too Ankle hurting ..... hoping I can keep going without having Surgery on it.

Hope everyone else is lost some Weight

Old 03-05-2012, 06:37 AM

My meeting is mixed, we have men and women ranging from late 20's to early 70's. We have a 21 year old guy who recently lost 100 lbs and got to his goal, he's on maintenance now and comes with his mom once a month. I love the meetings and verbalizing when I have a weight loss and when I don't. For me it helps to talk it out and recognize why I gained weight that week. I have no problem speaking in front of others but that's me. I also talk to my mom and my DH after my meetings to and share ideas and thoughts with them. I use the E-tools everyday and Have found some wonderful recipes from there too. If interested I can give you some feed back on some recipes I have tried. I love using the recipe builder for when I make my own recipes. I guess you could say I am on an intermediate level with the E-tools. I need to get more activity in and today might be a good start, I get lazy and sometimes don't feel like doing anything. I work part time so there is no excuse for me not to fit in at least 20 minutes of exercise in a day.I have been doing the water thing drinking out of a 32 oz plastic cup ( I try and drink 3 of them) and it helps. Did you guys know that when you earn activity points you can exchange them for food points? You also get 49 weekly points to use on top of your DPT. Improtant to track your activity too. I forget at times on the days I do exercise. If you have any questions let me know I'll do my best to answer them. I am not a leader but I have been on this 1 year and have learned alot.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:38 AM

I use my Activity points IF I need a extra point and never go in my Weekly's.

You can also find a huge amount of Recipe's & Suppourt on Facebook go to the WW group. Just saying if someone can not afford to join WW they can still do WW.
I joined 3 Weeks ago and to be honest I am ready to drop even my online .....I can get everything I need off Ebay and I can find all recipes Online anyway. And I am having Issues with the Online cant get into my Account ever and noone cares to figure out why.

But I agree IF you need that Meeting to keep loosing and keep you on track by all means go and loose that weight

Just saying, not everyone can afford it maybe or need to be going to Meetings....everyone is different.

That said,,,,, I put my Hip out last night I dont even know how? ! How weird I can hardly walk...but didnt feel it popping out or anything.

@ Lubby how much have you lost so far? If you dont mind me asking

Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I use my Activity points IF I need a extra point and never go in my Weekly's.

You can also find a huge amount of Recipe's & Suppourt on Facebook go to the WW group. Just saying if someone can not afford to join WW they can still do WW.
I joined 3 Weeks ago and to be honest I am ready to drop even my online .....I can get everything I need off Ebay and I can find all recipes Online anyway. And I am having Issues with the Online cant get into my Account ever and noone cares to figure out why.

But I agree IF you need that Meeting to keep loosing and keep you on track by all means go and loose that weight

Just saying, not everyone can afford it maybe or need to be going to Meetings....everyone is different.

That said,,,,, I put my Hip out last night I dont even know how? ! How weird I can hardly walk...but didnt feel it popping out or anything.

@ Lubby how much have you lost so far? If you dont mind me asking
It was 46 but I gained a little last week so 43 lbs total. I want to loose 30 more, I am already down 3 sizes and shopping in a regular store, no more plus size for me.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
That's wonderful, Lubby, if you dont mind my asking, how long did it take you to lose that much (I know it varies for everyone). Someone in our group reached their goal today, they lost 70 lbs in about 18 mos which is amazing. Im down the pound I gained last wk but I dont want to yo-yo b/c that w/b a waste of my time and money, neither of which I have a lot, not to mention I've been there, done that and would rather not go down that same road again.

Jasmin, hope your hip is feeling better now, maybe putting heat (or cold) on it will help (double check though). IMO absolutely meetings are not necessary, it all depends on the person, the leader etc, right now I need them (actually would like to go more than once a wk) but down the road, maybe not as much. Sure would love to be a lifetime member and get a free seat but that won't be for a while (if it happens at all). Feel better soon and good luck to all

Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Good Job Lubby !! keep it up

Honeycrisp btw thats my favorite Apple ! I am not sure what I did but it just hurts bad, I been doing nothing all day as anything I do hurts.

I cancelt my account online, sorry they just could not help me with my online Issues, so I am doing it myself, I have everything at Home ( Calculator and Books and so on) and I know I can keep track of my points this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss