Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 01:10 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
That's great.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's situation.

On a broader note, I have never known so many people could confuse love and attraction.
My response was actually in response to the poster or posters who post certain weights as ideal for all. 5'6 and 150 is not obese at all and if anything may be considered a little overweight. Definitely not worthy of a "you must lose 30 lbs" comment.

And I still stand by what I said at the end of my post - the OP needs to do some inner soul searching. I personally would not be with such a man, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 01:29 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
My response was actually in response to the poster or posters who post certain weights as ideal for all. 5'6 and 150 is not obese at all and if anything may be considered a little overweight. Definitely not worthy of a "you must lose 30 lbs" comment.

And I still stand by what I said at the end of my post - the OP needs to do some inner soul searching. I personally would not be with such a man, but that's just me.
He is no longer attracted to her - it really has nothing to do with love. I don't understand how people think that these are one in the same.

The OP is the one who deliberately decided to pack on 50 pounds - which is not a small amount of weight by any means. And not only that, but she is totally unconcerned with how her husband feels about it. I don't know why people are suggesting that she leave him.

This isn't some unavoidable change that he will have to live with. This is a deliberate act that she knew he would not like and she did it anyway and is not changing. But SHE needs to leave? LOL

Wow.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:50 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
A lot of my friends are dancers. They are skinny. Most of them weigh over 120 lbs - even those that are under 5'6".
"Skinny" is pretty subjective.

Most of the women I know who are 5"6" and 120ish are fit and healthy and definitely not skinny.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
He is no longer attracted to her - it really has nothing to do with love. I don't understand how people think that these are one in the same.

The OP is the one who deliberately decided to pack on 50 pounds - which is not a small amount of weight by any means. And not only that, but she is totally unconcerned with how her husband feels about it. I don't know why people are suggesting that she leave him.

This isn't some unavoidable change that he will have to live with. This is a deliberate act that she knew he would not like and she did it anyway and is not changing. But SHE needs to leave? LOL

Wow.
I never said that attraction and love are one and the same. How did you infer that?

I'd like to think that what starts off as attraction evolves to a deeper level in a marriage. My husband desires me regardless of what I weigh and vice versa. We both look different than what we were in our 20s. No biggie to either of us. There's a lot to our relationship. After my second pregnancy, I was saddled with 50 pounds and it took me three years to get it off but it had zero impact on our desire.

And I laugh at the irony of the situation - the husband himself is getting more portly yet he is dogging her. She has to "live with" his larger girth, yet he is physically repulsed by her? It goes both ways.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:01 PM

In addition, as others have stated, her weight falls within the healthy category according to the CDC:

Height: 5 feet, 6 inches

Weight: 150 pounds

Your BMI is 24.2, indicating your weight is in the Normal category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 115 to 154 pounds.

so she's on the upper end of her range? that merits the comments here? Meanwhile her spouse wears a 46 suit and unless he is a football player, he's chunky himself.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:05 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times
Your husband is a loser and a pedophile. He talks to 15 year old girls on Facebook private messages, "for church" who have the same body type he's sexually attracted to, and now wants you to look like them, too. What a pervert and unsupportive loser husband.

Good luck on the rest of life with that...

Old 10-20-2015, 02:07 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Your husband is a loser and a pedophile. He talks to 15 year old girls on Facebook private messages, "for church" who have the same body type he's sexually attracted to, and now wants you to look like them, too. What a pervert and unsupportive loser husband.

Good luck on the rest of life with that...
Wait....what? When did she sat he did that?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:11 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Wait....what? When did she sat he did that?
Read her other thread.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:17 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I never said that attraction and love are one and the same. How did you infer that?

I'd like to think that what starts off as attraction evolves to a deeper level in a marriage. My husband desires me regardless of what I weigh and vice versa. We both look different than what we were in our 20s. No biggie to either of us. There's a lot to our relationship. After my second pregnancy, I was saddled with 50 pounds and it took me three years to get it off but it had zero impact on our desire.

And I laugh at the irony of the situation - the husband himself is getting more portly yet he is dogging her. She has to "live with" his larger girth, yet he is physically repulsed by her? It goes both ways.

You can love someone and not be attracted to them. Conversely, you can be attracted to someone and not love them. In a marriage, the two should co-exist. But, they may not. In this case, they do not.

Does the wife feel the same way about the weight? If it doesn't bother her at all, that's fine. But she can't hold the same standard to her husband - it does bother him.

I believe I said in my first post on this thread that the husband needs to be careful considering that he is overweight himself.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
"Skinny" is pretty subjective.

Most of the women I know who are 5"6" and 120ish are fit and healthy and definitely not skinny.
Do you know for a fact what they weigh? Because most women don't advertise it and most men aren't very good at guessing. I find it very hard to believe that you know a lot of women of that height around that weight that aren't skinny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss