Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 05:44 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,881 times

Advertisements

Once a week isn't enough. Not nearly. 4 to 5 times a week of moderate exercise for an hour each time to lose weight plus cutting back your calories. Replace that bowl of cereal with an apple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 05:57 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Once a week isn't enough. Not nearly. 4 to 5 times a week of moderate exercise for an hour each time to lose weight plus cutting back your calories. Replace that bowl of cereal with an apple.
Agreed here. Going to the gym a few to,es a week, and maybe some smaller exercises at home. Like jumping jacks, leg lifts, squats, etc. That kind of thing can be done at home in addition to gym workouts. You could have some weight on you and it'll be toned and look nice rather than just excess fat. It'll be nice tone muscle where you may not need to wear shapers to hold anything in, but can still have meat on you. Lean can be nice.

And your husband is right. pills aren't the way to go. They don't work. You may lose the weight, but it'll just pile right back on if you're still not taking care of yourself. It's like waist trainers some women wear. They do make the nice shape, but it's not healthy and your body will snap back to the way it was if you stop wearing them long enough.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-23-2015 at 06:21 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 06:08 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
Ok. So you ate spaghetti and cereal right after? And you don't expect him to say anything? He must be wondering 'If she's 50 pounds now, she'll be 100 in no time.'

Seriously, OP. Where will you stop? You do realize that once you are overweight, it becomes much easier to keep piling on the pounds.

You aren't trying.

Last edited by mochamajesty; 10-23-2015 at 07:00 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 06:14 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Sorry, I've been away a while but I have read all the posts and comments. As hard as it may sound, no woman wants her man/husband to comment on her weight. We all would think that our men should/would love us the way we are as well as desire us the way we are. Yes, I gained weight and I liked the way it looked on me. However, my husband didn't. I've caught him looking at thinner, slender women and it bothers me. I guess the reason why I'm having such a problem with this is because my husband and I are trying to save our marriage. I found out about a year and a half ago that he cheated on me with a younger woman. Yes, I was devastated. We've gone to counseling and he's apologized and said it was only a one time thing with a woman he met online.

This morning I showed him some pills that I was going to order and his response was, "why are you looking for a lose weight fast pill when changing your eating habits and exercising is the way to do it?" Shoot me for trying. He even made mention last night to point out my eating habits. He cooked spaghetti for dinner and 5 minutes after taking my plate to the kitchen I walked back in the room with a bowl of cereal. I'm trying. I go to the gym 1 day a week but it's just hard to drop weight. I've asked him to loose weight with me and his response is that men loose weight much faster than women so he didn't want me to get upset when he started to drop weight faster than me. He said he would though.
What is wrong with you? You are trying what, to gain even more weight?

You dont want to lose the weight. Its obvious. You will be 200 pounds before you even know it. You are trying to sabotage your marriage, and then blame it on your husband.

Stop eating like a pig, stop thinking about a lose weight fast pill which wont work. Eat salads, protein, leave the carbs, go for a walk every day.

Or dont. And dont expect your husband to stick around.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:29 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Reality check! losing weight ain't easy, if it was, there wouldn't be so many overweight people. OP, you're going to have to find motivation deep within, if you want to successfully lose, keep off the weight, and live a healthy lifestyle. I suggest, seeking some professional assistance to help guide and motivate you. I highly doubt, taking advice from so called internet health gurus is going to help much. Just remember, diet is key to losing weight. Good luck.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:53 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Sorry, I've been away a while but I have read all the posts and comments. As hard as it may sound, no woman wants her man/husband to comment on her weight. We all would think that our men should/would love us the way we are as well as desire us the way we are. Yes, I gained weight and I liked the way it looked on me. However, my husband didn't. I've caught him looking at thinner, slender women and it bothers me. I guess the reason why I'm having such a problem with this is because my husband and I are trying to save our marriage. I found out about a year and a half ago that he cheated on me with a younger woman. Yes, I was devastated. We've gone to counseling and he's apologized and said it was only a one time thing with a woman he met online.
Ah. Would have been nice to put that in your OP. Your husband's infidelity is certainly not justified because your weight gain. I hope you don't think that. If he has a wandering eye, just kick him the hell out. I would. Wouldn't tolerate that crap for a second. No one should have to.

Quote:
This morning I showed him some pills that I was going to order and his response was, "why are you looking for a lose weight fast pill when changing your eating habits and exercising is the way to do it?" Shoot me for trying.
Pills are NOT the answer. Don't bother. CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS. FOR GOOD. You MUST make a permanent change in your lifestyle in order to lose the weight.

Quote:
He even made mention last night to point out my eating habits. He cooked spaghetti for dinner and 5 minutes after taking my plate to the kitchen I walked back in the room with a bowl of cereal. I'm trying. I go to the gym 1 day a week but it's just hard to drop weight. I've asked him to loose weight with me and his response is that men loose weight much faster than women so he didn't want me to get upset when he started to drop weight faster than me. He said he would though.
Ah...no. That is not trying. Stop with the cereal. Hit the gym at LEAST 3 days a week, more if possible.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:27 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
What is wrong with you? You are trying what, to gain even more weight?
It sounds like she's self-medicating with food to combat depression and emotions. If someone was doing the same thing with drugs or alcohol, we'd see a different, more patient kind of response than a lot of posters are giving to the OP.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
I tried very hard to get my wife to think healthy and start exercising ,I was doing it every day on my own and demonstrating plenty of example but she would not, and insisted on junk food and no exercise.
She distanced her self from me and we eventually separated and died later of cancer and tumor .
When you treat your body like a trash can, eventually it turns into one.
Loving some one and seeing them do this to themselves is all the more torturous .

Old 10-23-2015, 08:38 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It sounds like she's self-medicating with food to combat depression and emotions. If someone was doing the same thing with drugs or alcohol, we'd see a different, more patient kind of response than a lot of posters are giving to the OP.
Please.

She is the one complaining about the effects of her actions on her marriage while making her husband out to be the bad guy.

Come to think of it, that's addict behavior - blame someone else.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:58 AM

161 posts, read 105,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Your husband's infidelity is certainly not justified because your weight gain.
I beg to differ. Her weight gain has a lot to do with him stepping out on the marriage. Countless people in this post have mentioned that he might do it and now we find out that he has. Yes, her weight is a direst result. However, she's too stubborn to figure that out. He married her slim and now that she's ballooned she expects him to still desire her. I'm not saying she deserved it but the weight gain played a part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss