Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM

270 posts, read 626,525 times

Advertisements

I dont know to much about that area but they are new homes and havent much about crime there. It would be about 30-45 drive to FT Bliss. I would recommend the West Side, not as hectic as the east. The realtor can tell you but they are going to steer you towards the sale they want. Housing is very reasonable. I would look on the internet, one which allows you to look by section, ie west side, east side and so forth. Where I live theyre building but not as bad as the east. These houses are, depending where on the west, in 'established neighborhoods' but not that expensive and dispite the rumors, no the people are not snooty. There are soldiers that live in very nice condos and some very nice houses. If you like I can put you in touch with my cousin, she is a realtor, she will try to steer you to the east because she loves that area. Where I live is about 30 minutes to FT Bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM

730 posts, read 1,895,773 times
I'm westside-centric....you'll discover that here. You're a westsider, eastsider, northeaster, etc. We're like our own little towns within El Paso and sometimes folks will define you by the area you live in. Don't believe anyone who says westside is stuck up/rich...if it is I am in the wrong place. And as Luplor said, not all homes in the west are expensive as some folks may say; houses on the east side cost as much if not more. Don't know much about Horizon except there is much development going on out there and homes are less expensive than other parts of the El Paso region.

New to me here is real estate agents/companies representing builders. I'm sure any real estate agent who also represents a developer will steer you where that developer is building and is (now) struggling to sell homes. Not trying to say this is your case, but something to be aware of.

Good luck in finding a house in such a short time....I did it that way also.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 PM

524 posts, read 1,370,039 times
Maybe I have replied to this thread before...but I loved my life there and i still do..I can not wait to go visit there in March...I will always love the city and everything about it...the best MExican food in the world...mmm

Old 02-08-2009, 02:58 PM

479 posts, read 1,294,445 times
ok just wondering if ya'll can help me out ~ what *is* the correct way to determine what the (insanely high LOL) yearly taxes on a property would be? Were trying to decide whether or not to go with a brand new house or an older one just due to the dumb taxes! thanks in advance!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
Maybe I have replied to this thread before...but I loved my life there and i still do..I can not wait to go visit there in March...I will always love the city and everything about it...the best MExican food in the world...mmm
Why did you leave it then?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:01 PM

270 posts, read 626,525 times
Mrs Robinson, go online. Some sites have mortage calculators that figure the taxes for you. Try searching house mortage calculator.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 AM

Default Better than others

Dude, now this is a post I think rates as positive...at least compared to the others you have put up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post

Old 02-09-2009, 08:50 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
Dude, now this is a post I think rates as positive...at least compared to the others you have put up here.
X is a SHE .

Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM

34 posts, read 81,434 times
mrsrobinson, I'm military too, 22 years although I have never been stationed at bliss. My wifes family lives there so I'm gonna retire there. I like El Paso and am excited to live there even though imma gringo lol. I have been looking at houses online for about 6 months now and pretty much have the market figured out. Alot of houses online are being sold for quite a bit lower than what they have been been asking for, so when I look for a house I figure im going to offer about 5-7% lower than the asking price. As for the taxes, it doesnt matter what you buy a house for, it goes by what the city apraised it at there is a web site called el paso apprasial district that tells you exactly what the house is worth according to the city (which also helps in making offers). Then take the worth of the house and multiply it by 2.6% and that will give you a real close estimate of the taxes, then divide by 12 and thats how much it will cost on top of the mortgage. My mother in law lives on the NE side, wifes aunt uncles cousins live all over, I'm most likley gonna look to live in Horizon City or NE. Mom in law says stay away from south of I-10 and before you make offer on a house google el paso flood zones. 31 days till retirement yay!!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Thanks

My bad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
X is a SHE .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso