Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 11:28 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yeah, even more than Paul's "positions", that's the thing that turns me off about him the most, is the type of "supporters" he seems to attract! And though I'm not of the "evangelical" persuasion, have always been fond of this quote from Matthew 7:16, "wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." No puns intended.
That's a really stupid reason not to vote for someone.

I thought the supporters of St. Hope and Change were lunatics but I didn't base my decision not to vote for him because of them. I based my decisions on his record (or lack thereof), and the crap he said.

Who cares what the "fans" say? God, if that was how we voted, NO ONE would be president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 11:33 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Default Ron Paul Throws a Hissy Fit about Newsletters

Ron Paul walks off CNN interview, annoyed by questions on racist newsletter - YouTube!

Even an 8 year old would call BS on this logic.

He states that he had nothing to do with the Newsletters bearing his name for more then a decade and a half...newsletters filled with racism, conspiracy theories, and homophobia. He then states in this interview he made money off of them, he helped publish them (both around the one minute mark), and read them a number of times (34 second mark).

When questioned on it again he pretends like he didn't just say that he had, and walks out. Seriously, if you are going to try and pretend like you hadn't said something...try not to do it less then a minute in a recorded interview.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:36 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Rep. Ron Paul Gets Irked By Newsletter Questions, Walks Out Of CNN Interview | Mediaite

Did he really think this newsletter scandal wouldn't come up?

I hadn't heard of this until just recently, so a LOT of people will be asking questions that SHOULD be answered.

The obama campaign would have a field day with this.
This isn't new, this is TWENTY years old! He's been answering the same questions, the same way for 20 years. CNN had just interviewed him the day before and asked him the same questions. He answered the annoying Gloria Borger's stupid questions three or four times. What more do you want? What I find ironic is that the same people who were crying foul over questions about Sarah Palin or Herman Cain's King Henry VIII-esque sexual past, or Newt Gingrich's game of rotating wives think this is all fair and grand. The double standard is disgusting.

I'm glad you and the media have such a great time trying to tear down the one honest man left in politics. If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination I hope you enjoy 4 more years of Obama. I only pray that America can avoid full out collapse for 4 more years.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Ron Paul walks off CNN interview, annoyed by questions on racist newsletter - YouTube!

Even an 8 year old would call BS on this logic.

He states that he had nothing to do with the Newsletters bearing his name for more then a decade and a half...newsletters filled with racism, conspiracy theories, and homophobia. He then states in this interview he made money off of them, he helped publish them (both around the one minute mark), and read them a number of times (34 second mark).

When questioned on it again he pretends like he didn't just say that he had, and walks out. Seriously, if you are going to try and pretend like you hadn't said something...try not to do it less then a minute in a recorded interview.
What's your point?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:44 AM

136 posts, read 193,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
What's your point?
The point, OBVIOUSLY, is that he's a lying kook.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Explorer View Post
The point, OBVIOUSLY, is that he's a lying kook.
That point doesn't seem obvious to me. Sounds like he is telling the truth. Face it, Obama is going to have to run on his horrible record this time: race card, hope, change, etc aren't going to win in 2012.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
You call that a hissy fit? You must be the kook since you lack the power to perceive reality for what it is.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:56 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
I wish Paul wasn't such a kook. If I became president I'd hire him and say here go fix the monetary policy of the US. That he knows and would fix it.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:57 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
What's your point?
LoL, He contradicts himself in less then a minute and he's truthful?

I guess some people don't mind a lying bigoted conspiracy nut to lead the country that throws a tantrum every time some one questions him on unpopular past events. I know lies don't really put true believers off, but this is downright ridiculous.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:57 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Yep.

Any poster who can't figure out why a guy who looks like he might be doing well enough to make a run at the nomination -- ie, who looks like he has a some chance, even small, to be President -- gets more scrutiny than someone who has no chance to be President is in desperate need of a few clues.
Agreed, and it is kinda funny because many of the same who are showing indignation at media would dare question Paul about something like this were all over Gingrich/divorce and Cain/mistress headlines when they surged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections