Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are people from the Celtic countries ethnically still different from the English?
Yes, they aren't any more English than a German or an Italian is, totally different ethnicity 36 24.49%
They're somewhat closer to being English than any other ethnicities are, but they're still different enough 74 50.34%
I consider all British Isles groups one single meta-ethnicity 37 25.17%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 06:21 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanyo View Post
Don't pay attention to an American ignoramus "flunked" from their "kindergarten" system. Since then, he's enthralled in cooked racist theories customised for the likes of him. The US government calls them "dormants", since they are cannon fodder for abject acts.

We don't know much about the hundreds of thousands of r1b clades and subclades. Not evident. Now we know that r1b was in Europe before glaciation, more than 12.000 years ago. There might be hundred of subclades and the present system, quite recent, might prove not real.
American ignoramus? You don't know what you're talking about. Stop picking on Americans who do. There is no evidence that the R1b existed in Europe before the Glacial Age. Only in dreams maybe.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
You were the same one that said that French was a Germanic language, that French and Irish were Germanic and that Napoleon coined the phrase "Mare Nostrum". Your total lack of culture, history and your schizoid repetition of crackpotish literature meant for racist farmers in the US are the laughing stock of the entire board. And it all derived from your racial complex. Once you showed your picture, that of a French Canadian with native blood...and as it does not comply with wacko ideals, you are trying to change your distant French and Irish ancestors into Germanic. You should refer mental help.
Please do not be stupid, where did I ever say that French was a Germanic language?
There are Germanic strains in the French population which came with the Frankish, Burgundians, Saxons, Allemani, Normans (Norse) , but I never said that French is a Germanic language. I know well the difference I am fluent in English, French and Dutch. The Irish are as Celtic as it gets. What picture are you talking about? I guess, the person who needs mental help is definitely you. Lack of knowledge is not healthy.
"Mare Nostrum" means "Our Sea" in Latin. This is what the Ancient Romans called what is now known as the Mediterranean Sea. The French translation for "Mare Nostrum" is "Notre Mer".
Laughing stock? I put much more information than you ever will on this thread!

Last edited by saxonwold; 06-07-2015 at 12:14 AM..

Old 06-07-2015, 12:16 AM

Quote:
But that does not discard Scythes and the Blood of Islands, because he's talking about 14.000 to 8.000 years ago. In fact, most of R1b in Europe is not that old, except in a very few cases, most is 3500 old. What is important is to know ancient genomes that were replaced, still existing on the maternal side.
Grab a book and learn, instead of attacking people because they know a lot more than you do, inform yourself! You have a long way to go, but you'll be O.K.!

Old 06-07-2015, 04:29 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,165,704 times
There has been a lot of movement of people across the British Isles and a lot of immigration in relation to Cities across the British Isles. For instance Glasgow in Scotland has a significant Italian Community and there was mass migration from Ireland to England with one in three people in English cities such as Manchester of Irish heritage. Similarly lots of cities are multicultural with people historically and even today heading for areas where they have the best chance of decent employment.

Italian Scots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Irish migration to Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Around 15% of the population of Ireland or over 500,000 people are now immigrants from Eastern Europe and across the globe.

500,000 foreign nationals are now calling Ireland home - Independent.ie

Scotland has also seen a massive influx of foreign nationals.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ecade.22850239

So for those who like to pretend that their is some pure Celtic seperation in a world of mass migration and globalisation this is increasingly a nonsense.

Last edited by Bamford; 06-07-2015 at 04:38 AM..

Old 06-07-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
There has been a lot of movement of people across the British Isles and a lot of immigration in relation to Cities across the British Isles. For instance Glasgow in Scotland has a significant Italian Community and there was mass migration from Ireland to England with one in three people in English cities such as Manchester of Irish heritage. Similarly lots of cities are multicultural with people historically and even today heading for areas where they have the best chance of decent employment.

Italian Scots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Irish migration to Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Around 15% of the population of Ireland or over 500,000 people are now immigrants from Eastern Europe and across the globe.

500,000 foreign nationals are now calling Ireland home - Independent.ie

Scotland has also seen a massive influx of foreign nationals.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ecade.22850239

So for those who like to pretend that their is some pure Celtic seperation in a world of mass migration and globalisation this is increasingly a nonsense.
You are out of context. When people here talk about population genetics, they are referring to the indigenous populations. This is regarding those immigrant descent, in every country there are immigrants. We should know that.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 AM

93 posts, read 75,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
You are out of context. When people here talk about population genetics, they are referring to the indigenous populations. This is regarding those immigrant descent, in every country there are immigrants. We should know that.
In almost every country immigrants have mixed with the indiginous population though, not just recentley either. Most countries have had various waves of immigration at one point in time or another. Few people are "pure" in their ancestry.

I'm Swedish and I have Swedish, Finnish, Sami, Belgian(Walloon) ancestry. I guess I'm not a true "germanic" person

Only loons obsess over things like population genetics and it is largely irrelevant anyway and will become more irrelevant as each decade goes by. Its an unhealthy and slightly creepy obsession.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:09 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,165,704 times
Quote:
The indegenioius population now includes second generation immigrants and a lot of cities throuighout the British Isles are very multicultural. As I have already poinyed out in many English cities such as Manchester and Liverpool, one in three of the population have Irish ancestry and an increasing number of Irish people now have varying ancestry and the same applies to other areas of the British Isles.

The British Isles are quite small and it's quite easy to travel from one area to another, indeed you can fly to Dublin and Southern Ireland from England for the equivalent of $20 USD and it's an extremely short flight.

Indeed quite amusingly just this week it was revealed that Nicola Sturgeon, head of the Scottish National Party has ancestral roots in Sunderland in England.

Sunderland roots of SNP's Nicola Sturgeon - BBC News

Last edited by Bamford; 06-07-2015 at 07:19 AM..

Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindstealer View Post
In almost every country immigrants have mixed with the indiginous population though, not just recentley either. Most countries have had various waves of immigration at one point in time or another. Few people are "pure" in their ancestry.

I'm Swedish and I have Swedish, Finnish, Sami, Belgian(Walloon) ancestry. I guess I'm not a true "germanic" person

Only loons obsess over things like population genetics and it is largely irrelevant anyway and will become more irrelevant as each decade goes by. Its an unhealthy and slightly creepy obsession.
If you don't know what is meant by being indigenous is, then look it up, instead of babbling.
This is a genetic map of the various genetic clusters found within the indigenous British population. Which according to the POBI project, has not changed much since the times of Norman occupation. This means that the indigenous white Britons as a whole are still mostly descended from the settlers who came after the Ice Age, about 10,000 years ago to the times when the Germanic-speaking peoples (The Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians too.) came to create what we call the English nation. Normans did make a genetic impact strong enough to be differentiated. So the Germanic element did make a differentiate to differentiate. We know that Celts came from a very diversified group, invaded Britain over a much longer period of time, thus we get in the Celtic Fringe, a very diverse genetical grouping.
Here we have on the left, a map of known Anglo-Saxon burial sites dating in the 7th and 8th centuries and on the right the POBI's genetic map. We can see that the burial sites location sort of corresponds to region of Britain, where Germanic heritage is highest.

Well you claim your Swedish (Germanic), Finnish (Finnic), Saami (Finnic), Walloon (Celtic/Gallo-Roman). Thus you are mixture of three principal European or even four groups, since many Finnish hate to be associated with the Saami people. You have to be proud of who you are, nothing wrong with it! I have English(Germanic), Dutch(Germanic) and distant Flemish ancestry (Germanic), I am predominantly Germanic descent. Why do you have a problem when I mention Germanic people?
There is no need for complex here. I am just stating facts, don't be alarmed!
Why do you have a problem, when someone talks about Germanic people

Old 06-07-2015, 10:02 AM

Why are people alarmed, when I say the Irish and Scottish are more likely to have red hair than the English? Don't be gingerphobic, facts are facts.
Most English regions with the exception of Yorkshire and North England, have a lower ratio of red hair genes per capita than the Irish regions.

Despite the fact that blue eyes are overall more common than any other eye color in Britain, again they seem to be more common amongst the Irish and Scottish than they would be amongst the English.

A beautiful blue-eyed British woman.

Last edited by saxonwold; 06-07-2015 at 10:16 AM..

Old 06-07-2015, 11:42 AM

93 posts, read 75,226 times
Quote:
If you don't know what is meant by being indigenous is, then look it up, instead of babbling.
This is a genetic map of the various genetic clusters found within the indigenous British population. Which according to the POBI project, has not changed much since the times of Norman occupation. This means that the indigenous white Britons as a whole are still mostly descended from the settlers who came after the Ice Age, about 10,000 years ago to the times when the Germanic-speaking peoples (The Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians too.) came to create what we call the English nation. Normans did make a genetic impact strong enough to be differentiated. So the Germanic element did make a differentiate to differentiate. We know that Celts came from a very diversified group, invaded Britain over a much longer period of time, thus we get in the Celtic Fringe, a very diverse genetical grouping.
Here we have on the left, a map of known Anglo-Saxon burial sites dating in the 7th and 8th centuries and on the right the POBI's genetic map. We can see that the burial sites location sort of corresponds to region of Britain, where Germanic heritage is highest.

Well you claim your Swedish (Germanic), Finnish (Finnic), Saami (Finnic), Walloon (Celtic/Gallo-Roman). Thus you are mixture of three principal European or even four groups, since many Finnish hate to be associated with the Saami people. You have to be proud of who you are, nothing wrong with it! I have English(Germanic), Dutch(Germanic) and distant Flemish ancestry (Germanic), I am predominantly Germanic descent. Why do you have a problem when I mention Germanic people?
There is no need for complex here. I am just stating facts, don't be alarmed!
Why do you have a problem, when someone talks about Germanic people
Explain to me again how I used the word "indigenous" incorrectly. The only one babbling here is you. Every single one of your posts are endless babbling about population genetics and germanic peoples. You are obsessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe