Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM

73 posts, read 161,467 times

Advertisements

Im sure its just as impolite to tell a cancer patient to remove thier hat when indoors...or during dinner.

People need to get off their high horses and mind their own business. The most embarassing thing I have seen was a guy getting screamed at for wearing his hat during the national antham of a ballgame and out of guilt took it off . His head was severely scared because of a cancerous tumor that was removed from his brain ...I found out later from one of his family members who was sitting near me.

I never understood or cared how wearing a hat was direspectful. Now if you wear it sideways to purposeley look like a j$#%^ss then i get it. My brother has a full head of freezy hair and always wears one to control it....like Troy Polamalu

Now about your friend, if he took it off and was going bald then you dumped him..thats you perogitive.

Now lets just say he takes it off has hair like fabio , then continue to get intimit, and he thought your body wasnt as tone as it looked in the tight jeans you were wearing, and he dumped you.....Im sure you would think he was the biggest D alive. And you would be right. It goes both ways.

Usually 2 shallow people eventially find each other, one falls behind in looks , then the divorse soon follows.

Im a big believer in Karma.

The fact that you asked the question about what you should do, tells me you have a heart. I hope everything works out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnut View Post
Im sure its just as impolite to tell a cancer patient to remove thier hat when indoors...or during dinner.

People need to get off their high horses and mind their own business. The most embarassing thing I have seen was a guy getting screamed at for wearing his hat during the national antham of a ballgame and out of guilt took it off . His head was severely scared because of a cancerous tumor that was removed from his brain ...I found out later from one of his family members who was sitting near me.

I never understood or cared how wearing a hat was direspectful. Now if you wear it sideways to purposeley look like a j$#%^ss then i get it. My brother has a full head of freezy hair and always wears one to control it....like Troy Polamalu

Now about your friend, if he took it off and was going bald then you dumped him..thats you perogitive.

Now lets just say he takes it off has hair like fabio , then continue to get intimit, and he thought your body wasnt as tone as it looked in the tight jeans you were wearing, and he dumped you.....Im sure you would think he was the biggest D alive. And you would be right. It goes both ways.

Usually 2 shallow people eventially find each other, one falls behind in looks , then the divorse soon follows.

The fact that you asked the question about what you should do, tells me you have a heart. I hope everything works out for you.
Mind their own business? She's dating this guy. At this point, it is her business. If a lady wore a hat all the time, I'd have the same question. If I'm dating her, why can't I see her without her hat?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If a lady wore a SHIRT AND PANTS all the time, I'd have the same question. If I'm dating her, why can't I see her without her SHIRT AND PANTS?
Fixed. I mean, that makes sense, right?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 PM

73 posts, read 161,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnut View Post

The above qoute was the only comment directed towards YellowT, the comments prior to that are for the posters who believe hat wearers are beneath them. I , personally could care less what someone wears, with the exception of my kids of course.

I hope this clears things up.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Fixed. I mean, that makes sense, right?
Not since you touched it.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Not since you touched it.
Why not? Why does the OP have a right to see his head/hair and I don't have a right to see a woman's boobs and butt?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Why not? Why does the OP have a right to see his head/hair and I don't have a right to see a woman's boobs and butt?
Are you serious? Do you date people while completely ignoring social context?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? Do you date people while completely ignoring social context?
Social context is a minor issue for me, yeah.

If dude wants to wear a hat I don't see a big difference between that and a woman who doesn't wear clothing that reveals her: legs, shoulders, mid-riff, back, cleavage, etc

Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Social context is a minor issue for me, yeah.

If dude wants to wear a hat I don't see a big difference between that and a woman who doesn't wear clothing that reveals her: legs, shoulders, mid-riff, back, cleavage, etc
I see that. You're not a man of science.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I see that. You're not a man of science.
I have no idea what that means.

I'm a man who has had the opportunity to live and travel around the world and see just how arbitrary social customs are.

But back to the thread topic.

Telling the guy he has to take off his hat is no different than telling a woman she has to show her [whatever]. Curious if you don't support both instances
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty