Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:31 PM

185 posts, read 652,826 times

Advertisements

The park across from Walgreens is Sugden Regional Park. This new marina is called Hamilton Harbor Marina.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default I post unhappy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that is the problem with blanket statements. you certainly aren't speaking for me or anyone that i know. a lot of the state forums have the complainers because they want a place to be able to vent. it makes sense that if you are happy you might not be taking the time to post that you are happy, but there are a lot of people who love florida.
on the Florida board and happy things on the New York board. We got a memories thread going and boy do I have a whole lot of happy memories.

I cannot say the same for here, not even from 30 years ago when I first lived here. I was young and foolish then. Happy memory?

Old 09-26-2008, 07:15 PM

Default I live in E. Naples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jara View Post
Hi TANaples,
This project in back of Botanical Gardens is Kraft. I never seen anything like it. Little over a mile long and maybe 3 miles deep just bulldozed down the woods in the last 3 months. They have two trailers set up for engineers. Then payloaders, at least 2 big cranes, bulldozers. In time we might just see the new marina. It is big and beautiful, you can see from Danford St. going to Bayshore Park. To expensive for our taste buds. When it comes to the widening of Bayshore at our end and if they go ahead with connecting with the streets over by Publix and that shopping complex; will be another matter. Then were dealing with Collier Co.. I know what you mean about Golden Gate. Here in east Naples they blotched a job on the street by Stergen Park across from Walgreens. When you make a right hand turn your just about straddling the little median strip they have, then really cut your car to stay on your side of the street. They did no widening at all and it's a mess.
Davis near Santa Barbara.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:02 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
I post in the Massachusetts threads, and it's a different feel there. Everyone seems friendly, no fighting.

I have happy memories here, but most are from up north. Just 1 more day. I load the truck and Sunday morning, I'm off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
on the Florida board and happy things on the New York board. We got a memories thread going and boy do I have a whole lot of happy memories.

I cannot say the same for here, not even from 30 years ago when I first lived here. I was young and foolish then. Happy memory?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:10 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
I post in the Massachusetts threads, and it's a different feel there. Everyone seems friendly, no fighting.

I have happy memories here, but most are from up north. Just 1 more day. I load the truck and Sunday morning, I'm off!!!
Are we getting a farewell speech?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:23 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Nah, I will be here. BUT a different frame of mind. I will post in Florida, but not the bad stuff I promise Sunrico90. I do say good things too. There will be a few things I will miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Are we getting a farewell speech?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 PM

72 posts, read 162,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post

How exciting!!! Have a great trip! I eagerly await reports and pictures!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:47 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I've lived in so many places my friends [literally] have resorted to printing up a small laminated card with the timeline. The one thing I can say is while there may be some places I miss more than others, there is at least something I miss about every single place and at least one think I am very glad to have left behind. I am also very mindful of how my memory romanticizes places I have lived and it is truly hard to ever go home again. Everyone should try to find the place that will make them most happy but it should not distract from finding what is good where you are at that moment. It's there if you have the right attitude and are willing to have an open mind.

When and if I move from Florida I will miss the birds....the beautiful sounds of the sandhill crane and the plumage of the reseate spoonbill. I will miss the tranquil marshes and the manatees. I will have fond memories of the first house I ever poured myself into and improved to make it my own. I will not miss the hurricanes, the taxes and the insurance bills, but I try to see the good with the bad.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 PM

72 posts, read 162,243 times
In my opinion, the only good things about Florida are the signs along the highway leading out, and the night sky that looks just like the one back home (because it is the same sky).

Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 AM

Default You and I will just have to duke it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrine View Post
In my opinion, the only good things about Florida are the signs along the highway leading out, and the night sky that looks just like the one back home (because it is the same sky).
for the position of top malcontent on this board. However, even though you have lived here so much longer than me, I still think I got you beat for the top spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida