Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which major city has the worst overall weather in the U.S.
Seattle 31 8.42%
San Francisco 10 2.72%
San Diego 7 1.90%
Minneapolis 102 27.72%
Oklahoma City 50 13.59%
Houston 72 19.57%
Phoenix 54 14.67%
Other major city in the continuous U.S. 42 11.41%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 PM

196 posts, read 198,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
I haven't seen them here in two years.
1.)The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

2.)If mosquitoes can be found even in the Arctic tundra, then they can easily be found in a warm, frost-less area like coastal California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 10:02 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
I never was arguing that Phoenix had the worst overall climate; I actually agree that it is one of the better climates in this country (despite the dryness), very great for escaping the wild winter weather much of the country deals with. Winter in Phoenix is very nice.

All I was doing was disagreeing with the notion that Phoenix's dry heat would be more comfortable than Houston's humid heat. I also dislike the dry climate compared to the humid climate. But that's where it ends; I think both cities have ideal climates compared to much of the rest of this country.

I voted OKC for worst weather because it gets hot and humid during summer, but without the strong chance of relief from summer thunderstorms like Houston. OKC also doesn't have the benefit of nice winters like Phoenix and Houston; instead, it goes right to getting blizzards and deep freezes in winter. And then you have the threat of killer twisters, hailstorms, etc, in spring. No thanks.
That's a fair assessment, respect.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:07 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,436,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
1.)The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

2.)If mosquitoes can be found even in the Arctic tundra, then they can easily be found in a warm, frost-less area like coastal California.
That's not the point. They're not a nuisance you have to think about here.
I'm sure their are SOME but it's nothing like the east.
I remember putting on bug spray if it was staying outdoors for an extended time.

Everything about humidity is awful.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
That's not the point. They're not a nuisance you have to think about here.
I'm sure their are SOME but it's nothing like the east.
I remember putting on bug spray if it was staying outdoors for an extended time.

Everything about humidity is awful.
A warm, frostless climate like coastal California is going to feature lots of insects in some form, or another. And the Pacific Ocean ensures that humidity is present there as well.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:20 PM

Like I said, it's nothing like the east coast/Midwest. It's not even in the same ball park with insects.
You notice it right away.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Like I said, it's nothing like the east coast/Midwest. It's not even in the same ball park with insects.
You notice it right away.
If you say so.

Anyways, the coastal South's humidity allows for many great things: bountiful, lush vegetation, plentiful rainfall, moist skin amongst the people (giving way to luscious women), list goes on. Even if it gets uncomfortably, you still have the lush vegetation, Gulf/South Atlantic winds, heavy thunderstorms, and cloud cover to alleviate things.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:57 PM

It's not what I say, it's what it is.
I lived in two humid places for almost my entire life. I know what it's like. And humidity is suffocating more than anything
. Those thunderstorms make it worse.
Now I live in a place with more of a dry heat.
Either way, California weather is more comfortable for the vast majority of people.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:59 PM

California doesn't lack in attractive women the slightest so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Phoenix has more stunning women than most of the East coast cities. It's basically an extension of socal.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:03 PM

366 posts, read 404,400 times
Quote:
Phoenix has more stunning women than most of the East coast cities. It's basically an extension of socal.
What an utterly silly thing to say. Then again I guess it comes with the username.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:41 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
What an utterly silly thing to say. Then again I guess it comes with the username.
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about nor have you ever been to scottsdale. I'm originally from the east and when I moved to Phoenix I was stunned by how beautiful the woman were, and this is coming from someone who isn't sexually attracted to woman. Over 1 in 9 people from PHX area are from california also. If you don't believe me look at this video of Phoenix/scottsdale women...way better than east coast LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMolpRefwk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.