Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:48 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
...wow...if some folks only knew...

This thread should be closed because it's complete crap and it's very patronizing--especially as a minority. Will someone please tell me when whites became a disadvantaged minority?

One other thing--places with HIGH CRIME or gang activity don't necessarily correlate to areas with high levels of racism. Some of the areas that many of you white folks are scared to go are the same areas that I stay away from as well.

FutureCop,

If there is really an outbreak of "innocent civilians" getting their throats slashed on subway platforms, then I'm sure it would have made national news by now--especially if the victims were white. Also, what is the movitvation of the guys in the Army camo? I can't help but to believe that this East Harlem story is a fairy tale.
Just because whites as a whole have faced much less discrimination than blacks doesn't mean that some whites can't be targeted. You feel patronized? Well, I'm a bit insulted you think whites live in some kind of protected bubble. No one said whites are a "disadvantaged minority" but your refusal to admit racism against whites occures is odd.

Thread closed? It's a civil debate, that's all. You have something against free speech? Listen, we all know blacks have had it worse ok so no one is trying to steal your thunder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
I agree this is a huge issue to many white americans. There are almost 20,000 cities in this country. They should be well aware of the 30-40 cities they are not welcomed in. God knows with so many other choices we'd hate to have them going to one of those 30-40 cities, that are majority minority.

Math

30-40/20,000 = 0.2% of All American Cities are majority minority

Well i'm betting it's comforting to know you're still very welcomed in all of the other 99.8% of cities in this country!!!

Hopefully when you view this with hardcore numbers, this illustrates the silliness of such a forum.

Assuming your made-up statistics are even partially true, how does this rule out the topic for discussion. Geez, there sure are enough closed-minded people on this forum....

Old 03-17-2008, 06:40 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
South Bronx boy oh boy.....

Brooklyn north hahaha

Harlem

A white person steps to any of these areas and he is GUARANTEED dead.
Wow, this is the most ignorant thing I've read in a long time.

Are you from New York? If so, do you leave your home? Because you couldn't be more wrong.

I wont pretend to know about Brooklyn, but Harlem and the South Bronx I can vouch for. Harlem has pretty much fallen victim to gentrification, so there are tons of white people there. The South Bronx, like any other section of the Bronx, is drawing in white people as well due to the (relatively) low cost of rent.

This board needs to be updated from the 80's.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
...wow...if some folks only knew...

This thread should be closed because it's complete crap and it's very patronizing--especially as a minority. Will someone please tell me when whites became a disadvantaged minority?

One other thing--places with HIGH CRIME or gang activity don't necessarily correlate to areas with high levels of racism. Some of the areas that many of you white folks are scared to go are the same areas that I stay away from as well.

FutureCop,

If there is really an outbreak of "innocent civilians" getting their throats slashed on subway platforms, then I'm sure it would have made national news by now--especially if the victims were white. Also, what is the movitvation of the guys in the Army camo? I can't help but to believe that this East Harlem story is a fairy tale.
With all due respect, I think you have just patronized others there with your response.

No one says whites are a disadvantaged minority or that they are suffering more than minorities. Is racism really a contest to you as to who suffers from it the most?

The thread has ignorant responses yes, but there are plenty of anti-white places in the U.S. as there are tons of anti- other places in the US. Racism happens to everyone and is displayed by everyone (I could play the race card, for example, by asking you what you meant by when you said "you white folks")

Old 03-18-2008, 04:00 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,165,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
I disagree, I think that this is an issue that should at least be talked about.
Agreed. Too many times, things like this are not talked about. Why should race relations not be an item of discussion. No reason not to have a civil discussion and know other people's opinion.

And I do agree with some of the previous posters. I'm white and there are some neighborhoods in Chicago that because of that I have no business going into or would greatly fear for my life - there, I'm not afraid to say it.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:31 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,319,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
Agreed. Too many times, things like this are not talked about. Why should race relations not be an item of discussion. No reason not to have a civil discussion and know other people's opinion.

And I do agree with some of the previous posters. I'm white and there are some neighborhoods in Chicago that because of that I have no business going into or would greatly fear for my life - there, I'm not afraid to say it.
I never said that racism against whites didn't exist. However, I doubt that there are really any significant areas that are hostile to whites. The same areas that you fear going into are the same areas that most minorities--including blacks--are afraid to go.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
I can think of parts of Miami, parts of LA, parts of Chicago, parts of NYC, parts of....the list goes on man this isn't some sort of competition lol, there are places that are hostile towards whites, this isn't a conversation about whos discrimination is more discriminating.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The late 90's (97-99) was when the NYC subway slashings occured. Im not sure if it was only in Harlem but it was an epidemic.
Yes, but it hasn't completely stopped... If you ever go through Harlem and see a group of guys in Army camouflage, those are the guys now. Not all of them have done it, but I've heard of throat slashings within the last few years done by them.

And South-to-West... Throat slashings in Harlem will not really make national news. First of all, it's East Harlem... What do you expect? How's a throat slashing any different from a shot in the head? It's homicide either way and it happens to hundreds of people every day in America. Secondly, NYPD is a very secretive department when it comes to releasing information. NYC is the most focused on city in the world. NYPD has to be careful about what they release.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Minority Areas that are "pro" white? What a laugh.

Forgive me for saying this, but we arent created equal and minorities have had to fight tooth and nail to get ahead in a system that has been specifically oriented towards the benefit of whites.

Now you wonder aloud about whites being "attacked"-like your some downtrodden and historically oppressed people-AS IF

I see your from Oakland.
Perhaps it was you and some of your other put upon friends that surrounded my truck that night and broke a 40 on my windshield.
Remember kicking the doors and the broken side window.
But your right. My priviliged white skin deserved a serious beating
at the least. I want to thank you on behalf of all white people for
these little reminders of how lucky we are.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,856,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Assuming your made-up statistics are even partially true, how does this rule out the topic for discussion. Geez, there sure are enough closed-minded people on this forum....
You are aware that is forum has never been about freedom of speech.. just sayin.. but it's true. Considering the mods have been on a tear lately closing threads that can in anyway be construed as politically incorrect or "gasp" negative, I'm surprised this one is still open. But to get back to the original topic.. I'd say anyplace with a high degree of racial polarization and segregation is where you would be most likely to encounter this sentiment. Generally in places where races don't interact much, there is more resentment and hostility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.