Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 AM

151 posts, read 272,327 times

Advertisements

How else am I supposed to get some?!!

You people that are against are probably in marriages or partnerships. I don't want that, I don't wanna be tied down, have some sow in my face telling me to do things, I don't want my money legally tied up in a joint bank account and I definately don't want a jealous bit who reddens everytime my eyes fall upon another female.

You anti's are the ones who keep prostitution from being legalised while I'm here suffering from sexual frustration - literally - and my family are bearing the brunt of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 AM

58 posts, read 139,651 times
The way see it, it's just another type of massage...

All the arguments against are religious/moral ones and the thing about STDs and pregnancy is bullcrap, professionals would of course demand their costumers to use condoms.

What does make STDs spread on the other hand is religious anti condom campains... take Affrica for example, people are spreading AIDs like hell because the vatican spreads the message that condoms are not to be used.:sm ack:

So let people do what they want, their bodies, their temples.
Who are you to tell them what to do?
Who are politicians to ban a vocation that has been around longer than their own?
And who are religious people to judge anyone, I thought that was up to their Gods?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 AM

151 posts, read 272,327 times
I propose that anybody here who has an anti prostitution mind do me one favour: let me sleep with your 18+ daughter. I'm sure you would allow that.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBoy View Post
I propose that anybody here who has an anti prostitution mind do me one favour: let me sleep with your 18+ daughter. I'm sure you would allow that.
If prostitution was legal:

Well, if my daughter was over 18, then I would really have no say, anyways. If you paid her, it would be a business transaction.

And truly, if prostitution was completely legal where I live, I would have no problem with my daughter becoming a prostitute. I wouldn't have a problem with her becoming a stripper or exotic dancer - both of which are already legal.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBoy View Post
Why dont you just hope over the channel to Belgium. Or Germany. Its certainly legal there isnt it?

I seem to recall it to be legal over there.

Im equally sure you could find a seductive little lolitta who could play the 18 YO.
But wait................isnt STD running a muck in your precious liberal mecca of Europe?

Could perchance that be why prostitution isnt legal in most states and country's. STD is not something to smirk at and a shot of penicillin doesnt cure it as easily as it once did.

STD's kill people. Gotta be careful that you dont put your meat in to the garbage can................you wont like the smell or after taste

Old 02-05-2009, 07:05 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
If prostitution was legal:

Well, if my daughter was over 18, then I would really have no say, anyways. If you paid her, it would be a business transaction.

And truly, if prostitution was completely legal where I live, I would have no problem with my daughter becoming a prostitute. I wouldn't have a problem with her becoming a stripper or exotic dancer - both of which are already legal.
Than your not much of a father.............

Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Than your not much of a father.............
She's the mother of our daughter. I'm the father, and I wholeheartedly agree with her. I don't see what's so wrong with my daughter becoming a prostitute, if it's run like the brothels of Nevada. (Monthly STD checks, etc.) ANd if she wants to become a stripper, then again, more power to her. It's her life, I have no say in what she does with it once she becomes 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54
Could perchance that be why prostitution isnt legal in most states and country's. STD is not something to smirk at and a shot of penicillin doesnt cure it as easily as it once did.
No, it's mostly because most places where its illegal has it stuck in their mind that sex is sacred. If controlled properly, STD in prostitution isn't all that big of a deal.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 AM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
She's the mother of our daughter. I'm the father, and I wholeheartedly agree with her. I don't see what's so wrong with my daughter becoming a prostitute, if it's run like the brothels of Nevada. (Monthly STD checks, etc.) ANd if she wants to become a stripper, then again, more power to her. It's her life, I have no say in what she does with it once she becomes 18.

No, it's mostly because most places where its illegal has it stuck in their mind that sex is sacred. If controlled properly, STD in prostitution isn't all that big of a deal.

There's always pressure that you can apply. Such as, "become a stripper and you're disowned, we never want to see you again, that's the end of it."

If you raise your kids right, assuming something crazy doesn't happen such as they wind up brainwashed into some whacko cult, they ought to turn out fine. If they go off on some whacko tangent, then cut them off, be glad you have other kids to focus on, and that's that.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
There's always pressure that you can apply. Such as, "become a stripper and you're disowned, we never want to see you again, that's the end of it."
Which would work, if I had a problem with her becoming a stripper. I would never disown her for her choices, though.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
That's not pressure; that's coercion. While this may be a bit off topic, being a parent is not about forcing your kid(s) to do whatever you want them to. Being a parent is about raising and guiding your child towards being an independent adult. Manipulation such as the threat of disownment is a great way to harm your own child and create an adult who lacks the initiative of independence - worried that if they make the wrong choice, their parents will completely disown them. If my daughter was legally an adult, then she has to live with her own choices.

I see nothing wrong with prostitution. It's a business transaction as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates