Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 PM

820 posts, read 1,202,995 times

Advertisements

Tricky has some significant issues.
This pattern of behavior is called pathological attention seeking.
It is a sign of extreme neediness.
I'm out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 03:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If everyone gets to do what they want, then you don't have to worry about government; there won't be any. There'll be anarchy instead. And then having a gun won't be a right--it will be a necessary condition for survival. 260 million Americans running around doing whatever they please at the moment? You can't possibly suggest this would be a good thing.

anarchy is not what I support, but limited goverment is, and what the USA has now and has had since fdr got elected is nothing but big goverment. it is something that our founding fatthers never intended for the USA to be.

now maybe democrats think that big goverment will solve everything, but I do not enspouse that belief.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:48 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And the example was an EXCEPTION rather than the rule. But this is of no matter to you - as it does not meet with your agenda

the exception?

heck, the SCOTUS has already ruled that police do not have any duty at all to answer any 911 call. the cops do not have to even come to your home. they only have a duty to protect and defend the general public as a whole, not the individual.

maybe when the sheep will learn this, they will start to get the picture.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:08 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by GreatdayUnless you're police or military carrying a gun already is probable cause in The Netherlands.
So if the suspect isn't military or police he can only be a criminal, which makes spotting criminals real easy.

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker LoL, freedom doesn't mean that there aren't any laws.
Even Americans aren't so free that they can do anything they want, especially with the Patriot Act.

Originally Posted by gbear48they're carrying a gun.
You Americans gun fetishists don't finish my quote cause you can't use the facts?
The point you miss, or maybe cant comprehend is you are free from search in a free county unless you commit a crime. Unless the guys you are disarming are carrying in plain view then you HAVE to violate their rights BEFORE you know they have a gun.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahmaI guess this is another reason why guns shouldn't be easily available to just everybody.
I mean who, besides criminals and terrorists, requires easily concealable guns?
What about those guns (and ammo) that won't show up on a metal detector?
Since people like you react strongly when they even see a gun most states require a gun be concealed.

There are no guns or ammo that dont show up on metal detectors. They are both predominantly metal.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday And I thought that displaying your gun in the open would keep the criminal element in check.
Thats funny, you dont think, you ramble, this post is a fine example.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:56 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
Remember - if TD has his way - all Americans, other than cops, would be disarmed.
So now Americans don't even trust their own police?

Originally Posted by Noahma
Quote:
If all open carried, then the criminals would know exactly who is and who is not carrying.
In The Netherlands everyone who is not law enforcement yet carries a gun can only be a criminal.
So it is easy to see who're good guys and who're bad guys, but I guess in the States that is not the case; except for uniformed cops and military there is no distinction between the good guys and the bad guys.
If ya ask me this only makes the situation more stressful and dangerous; like American GIs in the Vietnam war where they didn't know who was the enemy and who was just a civilian.

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
The point you miss, or maybe cant comprehend is you are free from search in a free county unless you commit a crime.
So Americans are free to build bombs as long as they don't commit crimes with it?

Quote:
Thats funny, you dont think, you ramble, this post is a fine example.
This is exactly why the Dutch police wear guns.
Generally our criminals aren't armed with guns, only the most hardened (or insane) criminals are.
Luckily we don't have that many psychopaths here.
What I find extremely funny is dumb guys trying to sound intelligent, cause I simply don't care whether people see me as dumb or intelligent.

Last edited by Tricky D; 12-21-2008 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-21-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
So Americans are free to build bombs as long as they don't commit crimes with it?
Where did that come from? As previously noted you are absurd.

What I'm saying is in a free country you cant be stopped & searched just because some fool is scared.
Thats why, in a free country, gun control often doesn't work well.
Unless you can randomly throw people on the ground & search them theres absolutely no way to know who has a gun, regardless of the law. Since here, unlike I guess Holland, they simply cannot just search people that look funny, gun control does little to keep guns away from criminals.

Our criminals usually hide their guns, do your criminals wear them openly? If not you are sure painting an ugly picture of society in the Netherlands.

Quote:
This is exactly why the Dutch police wear guns.
Generally our criminals aren't armed with guns, only the most hardened (or insane) criminals are.
Luckily we don't have that many psychopaths here.
So your police wear guns because they probably wont be facing armed criminals? You sure its not just because the govt trusts them more than you?

Quote:
I simply don't care whether people see me as dumb or intelligent.
Thats a lie. Not surprising given your inconsistancies but a lie none the less.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I suggest this thread has run its course - round and round

Perhaps, it is time to close it?

Old 12-21-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I suggest this thread has run its course - round and round

Perhaps, it is time to close it?
Probably. Or just let it die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates