Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:09 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

Sometimes grief just overwhelms, no?

You recognize your blessings and that is healthy.

I hope you have more good days than bad in the future.

And, your family would want you to continue on and find peace.

May you have a day of serenity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 11:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Tom36, we ALL have bad days, even years later. It's nice to see you on a good day. Ups and downs, ebb and flow....that's what grief is all about. I am glad to hear you appreciate your wife and kids. You really are fortunate to have people in your life that make life worth living.

Keep up the positive thoughts and give and accept the love you have and share.

It was a pleasure to read your last post.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:14 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 36 uk View Post
Hi, sorry about that. That was me on a bad day, this is me on a good day! Take each day as it comes, I've found that time and laughter are my greatest healers and I'm so much luckier than most as I have my wife and kids by my side, My wifes mother also died at christmas so we try our best to comfort each other. I'm truly blessed to have my kids. I read somewhere that the family you came from is important, but not as important as the family you create. Also Family doesn't have to be blood. We dont get long so make the most of it. I would rather spend my time laughing than crying so I try my hardest to make it happen. Sorry if i'm coming across as ignorant but this is my way of coping. Im so sorry for everyone elses stories here. Without bad there would be no good, without hate there would be no love. I try to rationalise things with a balance of life. Ok i'll stop babbling on now. Thank you so much for your kind words. It does help.
No need to apologize to me. We come here to talk about things which are, um, I'm looking for a word. Maybe unsavory or unpopular would fit, but they sound a bit clunky.

This is the Grief and Mourning Forum. You're allowed to be a bit crazy here. You're welcome.

It's going to be a beautiful sunny and warm day. I'll make the best of it.

Which Beatles song? Good Day Sunshine?

Old 06-23-2019, 06:04 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
A few years ago my older son passed away when he was only 37...Then my husband passed away and my younger son just passed away recently. Sad!...My whole family is gone now. I'm the only one "left" here...Been working through my grief in my "own way" bit by bit. I called some friends soon after my son died and waited awhile to tell other friends. I needed a good amount of time alone so I'd feel free to cry when need be...And sometimes I feel "cranky" too!.. I don't want to feel obligated to be "nicey-nice" all the time. (Because other people are around.)..Grief involves such a "mixed-bag" of emotions! Don't you think?..I'm sorry for everyone here who has lost loved ones. It's can sure be rough!

I see this was written a good while back. Hope the OP is doing well.
I've lost 7 close family members. I should add that it might seem to have been not that close of a family, but they were just about all I had. Seven. Even other grievers say that's a big number.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I see this was written a good while back. Hope the OP is doing well.
I've lost 7 close family members. I should add that it might seem to have been not that close of a family, but they were just about all I had. Seven. Even other grievers say that's a big number.
I think CA might have passed on too. She wasn't in the best of health. She just disappeared not only from here but she was a member of a chat room I had. Poof....gone. There was no one that I knew of to check on her.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:22 PM

353 posts, read 414,210 times
I think you are right Tamiznluv. I met her twice in person and she was a very sweet woman. She disappeared and has not been seen. I know she had a family member in another state she thought about living close by. I did email her for a few years and her email never indicated no activity but I sure hope she is okay and doing well.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
Can anyone get in touch with her to make sure she is alright? she may have just taken a break from social media to focus on the real world, so all hope is not lost as of yet. just pray for her.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
I think you are right Tamiznluv. I met her twice in person and she was a very sweet woman. She disappeared and has not been seen. I know she had a family member in another state she thought about living close by. I did email her for a few years and her email never indicated no activity but I sure hope she is okay and doing well.
Yes, the cousin further up North. IDK if Claire ever firmly decided to go there or not. Yes, indeed she was a fine gentle soul. I miss her. She never even knew our best pal, Bluff, died.

Remember her son's cat she was taking care of, Granite? The last living link to him. Kitty was not doing well last time she talked. Maybe kitty died and she really depressed out? I know she was just hanging in there most days. Then car trouble.

Maybe I scared her off of my site too! She was so laid back and I am so aggressive, maybe I scared her with all the political talk on my site. She disappeared, Bluff died, I shut down my site. Frig all the Canadians that were there. Just couldn't keep their noses out of our politics. Maybe CA just quietly backed out. IDK. I can't remember her last name and I can't get back into my old site to look her up.

Whatever and wherever she is, I hope she has found peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning