Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,634 times

Advertisements

Tami...I know it's a rough time for you. Sorry that your SIL didn't call...I'm alone most of the time by choice too. Need time to heal and work through my grief in my own way...Sending you a hug across the miles and lines...Wish I could do more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Tami...I know it's a rough time for you. Sorry that your SIL didn't call...I'm alone most of the time by choice too. Need time to heal and work through my grief in my own way...Sending you a hug across the miles and lines...Wish I could do more.
Thanks, CA. I appreciate the hug. Feels good. Just doing that helps. (((HUGS)))

Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Tami..How are you doing and feeling today? Sending you another hug!...I felt a little sad and depressed this morning about losing my cat Silky..Hard to go through so many losses and adjustments over a short period of time..Silky's brother has been going through grief too. He and Silky were "buddies" and together for nearly 16 years..Now he is the only one left from his original family...Anyway I hope you are feeling a little better this morning. I'm going to "play it by ear" today and cry if need be..And I'm not going to feel bad or guilty if I don't mourn all day long...Just trying to be open to whatever pops-up! (From moment to moment.)

Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Tami..How are you doing and feeling today? Sending you another hug!...I felt a little sad and depressed this morning about losing my cat Silky..Hard to go through so many losses and adjustments over a short period of time..Silky's brother has been going through grief too. He and Silky were "buddies" and together for nearly 16 years..Now he is the only one left from his original family...Anyway I hope you are feeling a little better this morning. I'm going to "play it by ear" today and cry if need be..And I'm not going to feel bad or guilty if I don't mourn all day long...Just trying to be open to whatever pops-up! (From moment to moment.)
Morning, CA. Emotionally I'm feeling better, tyvm, but I'm still trying to keep "something" at bay physically. I also have some appraiser dude coming to check the house out for a bank. I don't like people coming into my house now but it can't sell if you don't show, right? Thank goodness he should be the last one. I do remember our bank sending an appraiser to the house in Attleboro when we bought it. I'm just a little touchy about having to smile and be gracious because I'm giving up my house because I can't afford the mortgage anymore because Earl died with no life insurance. I'm not getting a single red cent from the house. I'm just taking my animals and stuff and going to our other house. TG that is paid for. This house paid for that house. So I'm not really losing anything except my security of my hometown. I'll be okay but I just am going to miss this place. (I have dead pets buried all over the place too.)

Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM

379 posts, read 533,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
So I'm not really losing anything except my security of my hometown. I'll be okay but I just am going to miss this place. (I have dead pets buried all over the place too.)
Oh tami, I know what you mean about the dead pets buried. That would be really, really hard for me.

When we moved from AZ to TN, we had to leave our beloved dachshund Oscar buried in the ground. It was February and the ground was frozen. It about killed me. That was in 2006.

When I moved to this new house last August, I had our 2nd beloved dachshund Rudy buried out back. James, my "adopted son," was kind enough to dig him up for me and re-bury him in the new backyard. I even have a marble headstone that we had made, one for Rudy, and even one for Oscar. They were both such special dogs and members of our family.

Pets are about as family as any human I know.

tngirl

Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM

I don't want to unbury all the bones. I'll just let them be found if someone digs up the house and yard. They are long gone. Maybe not even bones anymore. Maybe dust. The only two who may not be dust are my last two cats. Salem went 5 years ago, he was 18. Sam, in the early 80's, he was 18 also. Missy went 4 years ago, she was 26!!! My Shetland Border Collie went in the late 80's and the Belgium Shepard went in '92, a week after Mom died. My childhood kitties are here too. We had their Mom. They died in the 70's. My Finch, Sunny is out there too. She died a couple of years ago. I do NOT have a smooth back yard!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 AM

Tami...How did the appraisal go? Sorry you have to leave the house and your hometown and your beloved pets who are buried in the yard.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Tami...How did the appraisal go? Sorry you have to leave the house and your hometown and your beloved pets who are buried in the yard.
IDK, CA. My realtor hasn't gotten back to me.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM

971 posts, read 1,452,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
IDK, CA. My realtor hasn't gotten back to me.
Bummer Tami!!! (((HUGS))) for your patience. I never was good at playing thE waiting game. I admire those that are.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,218 times
I was a realtor in CA for 8 years. Aah, the dreadful waiting game of what the appraisal will be. Most likely I feel you have nothing to fear. Banks want income. It is the qualifying of buyer that is the big one.

Tami, someone told me once, let's see..who was it? Well, I remember someone telling me once, "GOOD JOB" and I say the very same thing to you. It isn't easy but you are strong and sharing with us your story, I for sure will remember your story so when it is my time, I will remember how Tami approached it and do the same as you.
(((Tami)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning