Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:27 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times

Advertisements

wow, glad I found this thread. I went the first 50 years or so of my life, never having any kind of paranormal experience. Lost my mom when I was 9 and my dad when in my 30's.

About 10 years ago I started having strange experiences. They started with very pleasant aromas in odd places. One was a spot on my 500 ft long driveway, when I would walk by it was the most wonderful smell, like an old fashioned perfume. Our house was new but was on the site of an old farm, people had been living there since the late 1700's.

Then I started feeling someone touch my hair. It would only happen when I was sitting or lying down. Didn't really bother me. Then other smells, one that reminded me of my mom, in the bedroom and living room, occasionally one that reminded me of my grandma. I think because the smells were so nice and the touch so gentle, I was not scared. I had always thought that if I DID have a paranormal experience, it would scare the heck out of me. But it never did.

Then I started feeling touches on my legs when in bed. We were going south for the winter and it happened in both places that we lived. Always when the covers were on, I could feel someone touching my leg as if they were standing by the bed, or the covers moving as if twitched by someone. Again, it didn't scare me.

Also, I often woke up to feel my husband shifting in the bed beside me. I would wake up and he had already gotten up, there was no one there.

The last couple of years of his life, my husband also started picking up smells and even saw an orb one night.

He passed away from cancer in early 2015. I was waiting for him to reproduce some of these "visits" but they went away almost entirely. A widow friend of mine told me about pennies from heaven and I started finding them everywhere. Lately I have been upgraded to dimes, lol.

When he passed I started having anxious dreams that he was still alive , and I was concerned about giving back the life insurance money, and wondering if he would be upset at how I was spending money (he was very frugal). These dreams would make me feel bad, wondering why I couldn't just have a happy dream about him. Finally I have had 3 "visitation" dreams from him. The first, we were lying in bed facing each other with our arms around each other. It was SO real, I could feel him right there. The second, I was lying in bed and could feel him in bed behind me. I whispered "I love you"and he said the same back to me. Again, SO real. And the third was just a long sweet kiss.

Oh, just two more things - shortly after he passed, at home, my friends had come over and were there the rest of the day. The phone rang and no one was there, I said, "He is letting us know he arrived safely." And the next day, as I called the gov't offices about his death, the music on hold was "Whenever you want me, I'll be there, I'll be around..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPl68mhgxbM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 02:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Please be advised that where the what you refer to as soul is in after the death states, there is NO WAY for it to communicate with this world. NO WAY. The very moment "soul" passes the Hall of Judgement, it is beyond any reach of any living human being. Matter of fact, it is not communicating with any passed souls also.
So this entire thread is based on imagination, beliefs, wishful thinking and, last but definitely not least, a bunch of crooks milking gullible for profit.
Those who do contact with what you can refer to as "afterlife entities" do possibly contact. With something. There is abundant spirit world existing there but there is no good coming out of it from any communication. Those spirits very well may impersonate or pretend to be your lost loved ones and the rest is done by wishful imagination.
Any deep involvement with those beings ALWAYS leads to disastrous affects on recipient. Always. As those entities pasture on living energy of a live human being as they have no source of such on theor own. we are their food, in literal sense. They live off our emotions, our thoughts, fears and so on. So the very moment you connect with one of those, you are drained out of your prana.
Be aware. I spoke. I shall not circle back to this, or discuss or argue. This is what I know and it either appeals to you and you listen, or it does not and then be blessed and let The Light be with you.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:58 PM

66 posts, read 69,243 times
seriously: I dreamt of my friend who had passed 6 months earlier and he was frantically trying to tell me something. I'll never forget it. it was such a vivid dream. I was sitting on the edge of a bed and he was standing in the room, flailing his arms about and his lips were moving and he was trying to shout things to me that I couldn't hear. I kept telling him, I can't hear you!

the next day my husband died. he was not at home that night. and that night I dreamt this, was the night he passed.
irks me to this day.

I had another dream months later that was so heartbreaking. he was in my room and I just woke up (though in my dream) and he made me a favorite drink (I don't like the taste of alcohol so he would make drinks for me I liked) and then he got in the bed, we had our clothes on and we just hugged. It was so real. I could feel him and everything. hurts to this day it was so vivid and real. it hurts to think it was my brain coping.

not so serious: of course, I've dreamt of him so many times after that and those dreams are usually the times I'm moving on, involved with someone else and ever time he comes back and I'm like, "omg! I'm dating so so now. how are you here?!" and every time in those dreams he gives me some outlandish reason of where he's been and never seems angry with me that I moved on. it's just all nonchalant and I'm reacting upset because I had thought he was dead. then I wake up and realize he is dead. It has happened every time I get serious about someone. It's weird because I don't even think I have deep feelings and then I'll have those dreams and then I know I must really care about that person because my husband haunts me lol

one time he told me he died so I would get the social security survival benefit money and to not tell anyone he was alive. seriously my imagination is so lively.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:43 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Please be advised that where the what you refer to as soul is in after the death states, there is NO WAY for it to communicate with this world. NO WAY. The very moment "soul" passes the Hall of Judgement, it is beyond any reach of any living human being. Matter of fact, it is not communicating with any passed souls also.
So this entire thread is based on imagination, beliefs, wishful thinking and, last but definitely not least, a bunch of crooks milking gullible for profit.
Those who do contact with what you can refer to as "afterlife entities" do possibly contact. With something. There is abundant spirit world existing there but there is no good coming out of it from any communication. Those spirits very well may impersonate or pretend to be your lost loved ones and the rest is done by wishful imagination.
Any deep involvement with those beings ALWAYS leads to disastrous affects on recipient. Always. As those entities pasture on living energy of a live human being as they have no source of such on theor own. we are their food, in literal sense. They live off our emotions, our thoughts, fears and so on. So the very moment you connect with one of those, you are drained out of your prana.
Be aware. I spoke. I shall not circle back to this, or discuss or argue. This is what I know and it either appeals to you and you listen, or it does not and then be blessed and let The Light be with you.
and that is strictly you opinion, there are multitudes of people who KNOW differently. Who knows the TRUTH.

Originally Posted by harry chickpea
A number of us have experienced oddities after a death that are not easily explained by logic or science. There are various "explanations" for these events, but those are irrelevant for the purposes of this thread.

Very simply, did you have any experience after the death of a loved one that made you think/wonder if they were attempting to communicate, guide, or bring comfort?

This is NOT a place to attempt to explain. This is NOT a place to attempt to place the event in a context. This is NOT the place to denigrate or say "That is impossible." If you want to do any of those things - start a new thread, or link to a thread in a different forum if it is inappropriate here.

After my wife died, one of the first things that happened for me was finding a poem of hers that was in an obscure place, affirming our love. The chances of my coming across it were on the order of 1 in 1,000. If something happened for you, and you wish to share, what was it?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
wow, glad I found this thread. I went the first 50 years or so of my life, never having any kind of paranormal experience. Lost my mom when I was 9 and my dad when in my 30's.

About 10 years ago I started having strange experiences. They started with very pleasant aromas in odd places. One was a spot on my 500 ft long driveway, when I would walk by it was the most wonderful smell, like an old fashioned perfume. Our house was new but was on the site of an old farm, people had been living there since the late 1700's.

Then I started feeling someone touch my hair. It would only happen when I was sitting or lying down. Didn't really bother me. Then other smells, one that reminded me of my mom, in the bedroom and living room, occasionally one that reminded me of my grandma. I think because the smells were so nice and the touch so gentle, I was not scared. I had always thought that if I DID have a paranormal experience, it would scare the heck out of me. But it never did.

Then I started feeling touches on my legs when in bed. We were going south for the winter and it happened in both places that we lived. Always when the covers were on, I could feel someone touching my leg as if they were standing by the bed, or the covers moving as if twitched by someone. Again, it didn't scare me.

Also, I often woke up to feel my husband shifting in the bed beside me. I would wake up and he had already gotten up, there was no one there.

The last couple of years of his life, my husband also started picking up smells and even saw an orb one night.

He passed away from cancer in early 2015. I was waiting for him to reproduce some of these "visits" but they went away almost entirely. A widow friend of mine told me about pennies from heaven and I started finding them everywhere. Lately I have been upgraded to dimes, lol.

When he passed I started having anxious dreams that he was still alive , and I was concerned about giving back the life insurance money, and wondering if he would be upset at how I was spending money (he was very frugal). These dreams would make me feel bad, wondering why I couldn't just have a happy dream about him. Finally I have had 3 "visitation" dreams from him. The first, we were lying in bed facing each other with our arms around each other. It was SO real, I could feel him right there. The second, I was lying in bed and could feel him in bed behind me. I whispered "I love you"and he said the same back to me. Again, SO real. And the third was just a long sweet kiss.

Oh, just two more things - shortly after he passed, at home, my friends had come over and were there the rest of the day. The phone rang and no one was there, I said, "He is letting us know he arrived safely." And the next day, as I called the gov't offices about his death, the music on hold was "Whenever you want me, I'll be there, I'll be around..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPl68mhgxbM

SO awesome that you have had these exchanges with the now soul(s) of loved one.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The only sign I've had in the 4 months since my husband passed. Right after his death my almost 3 year old grandson will suddenly look up and say Hi Grandpa!
awww, lovely confirmation. Sorry for your loss

Old 10-12-2017, 05:34 PM

357 posts, read 222,382 times
Okay heres another thing that happened to me - I was on the phone with my aunt shortly after my father and grandmother had passed and she was telling me about my grandmother whom she had been caring for. She was telling me that every night before she would take grandma to bed they would stop by a windup figurine my grandmother had and wind it up and listen to song it played. The song was "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong. So when I hung up phone and was going to sleep I told my fiancé about the conversation and was crying about it - then we fell asleep.

The next morning at 6 am our alarm clock goes off blaring into our dark room - "I see skies of blue and clouds of white" the same song that we had been talking about. The weirdest part is that our station is always set to a pop rock station that does not play such music. Anyway just another strange thing that happened to make me think maybe they are trying to send a sign.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBC View Post
I think for some, they do believe that it came from the deceased but I simply do not believe it. Not trying to down play anything here, want to believe, I truly do because I would love nothing more than to have a "sign" from my fiancé who passed three years ago this May due to an accident.

Either it isn't real or maybe she just doesn't want me to have a sign, lol or maybe I am just being too much of an engineer and not actually seeing the signs....who knows but I do know I cannot tell you what I had for lunch or dinner that day I got the phone call but I can tell you that I was working in my yard when I got the phone call she was gone.
Please relax and stop expecting the signs--then a viable communication will occur. I promise you this. Hugs

Old 10-12-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Dad is 76 now & we just lost my mom in March. I had never seen my dad cry until that day & he cries a lot now.

We had a family get-together on Saturday in honor of my mom’s “Name Day” (which was actually Aug 15); a tradition in Greek culture that holds more significance than birthdays & depends on which saint you were named after.

Mom was first generation American born Greek & grew up between the neighborhoods of Chicago’s south side & the Greek community in Denver.

Dad was an Irish catholic kid; son of a well-known doctor & WWII hero. They met while attending CU & my mom’s family disowned her for 10 years when she married him. Two days after the wedding they left for Japan where my dad was to be stationed. One year, one month, one day & one hour after the wedding; I was born. And 20 months later my sister was born.

After returning to the US in the 1970’s they continued to build a life. They had been married 50 years. Dad is a (Ret) USAF Colonel turned city administrator. Mom had dual PhD‘s in BioChem & Immunology.

The party was a casual event of Pizza‘s & beer with grandbabies playing in the backyard & beautiful weather. Dad bought yellow balloons because yellow was my mom‘s favorite color.& he planned on handing them out to the youngest children afterwards.

My sister & I were surprised when dad stood up & asked everyone to listen: He had a surprise for us from our mom … That 45 years ago before they had left Japan; my mom had a request: “I want to buy something special for the girls that we can give them when they are older. Something unique from Japan that we will give them when the time is right …”

Dad said he felt it was the right time & he hoped she would approve.. I was in shock & my sister burst into tears to see the Mikimoto Pearl brooches in the old velvet boxes. He also gave us potted flowers: Mums; actually.. It felt like exactly the right time & it felt like mom was … there.

My 21 yr old daughter helped her “Gramps” clean up afterwards & they noticed he had forgotten to hand out the balloons. He asked her to clip them by the front door & she did so; clamped them to a bookshelf.

So; my dad called me Wednesday afternoon. He wanted to know if I could stop by so he could show me something.; so I did.

When I got there he asked me to “go look in my bedroom & tell me what you see”. I did go look & everything seemed pretty typical except for that I recognized the 3 yellow balloons on his floor from our party over the weekend, They were attached to the tablecloth clamp that we tied them to & used in the backyard. I asked “just the balloons … did you want me to bring them down?”

He answered “No. Just leave them there. I just wanted you to see them.” And then he filled me in on the rest of the story:

Dad said he was anxious that night staying up until 2 am checking the windows & doors & finally turned off the lights & went to bed.

Waking a few hours later to use the restroom, he realized that something was in his room. Actually right above him where he had been sleeping … It was the three yellow balloons, still tied to the metal spring loaded clamp that was no longer clamped (they would have had to traverse a tri-level house & up a flight of stairs making several 90 degree turns all while dragging this clamp …)

Dad was always a no- nonsense guy. He had top security clearance & was based out of the Pentagon. People used to bug him about what he “really knew” about the paranormal or Roswell & such & his answer stayed the same: “Nothing to know”.

I remember my mom saying “Your father is a very smart man … but he’s a bit closed-minded”!

I told my dad; “Remember; she said WE, will give them to the girls when the time is right” ..

lovely experiences!!!! Sorry for your loss but I'm sure you all are grateful for her heavenly visits!!!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
I am still having repeated numbers flying at me in messages time on the clock receipts etc. They seem to slow down then come at me wildly again. I have also had a couple dreams recently about hubby that were so real. Just the other night I woke myself talking to him. The jist of it was we were laying in bed talking and I asked him a questing not realizing I was coming out of a dream and waiting for him to answer then when he did not answer I realized I was actually awake and had been dreaming. But this time it did remind me of how it was for us when he did dye. We were talking and I was looking at him waiting for his answer and he died. So maybe I was reliving that over again. I do not know. Even so that same night before the dream the clock showed 222 and after the dream the clock showed 555. As I understand it there is some thing that nudges up to look at the clock just when the numbers line up like that. Was he confirming he really was with me in that dream. I would like to believe so. Was the 222 just before I fell asleep telling me he was coming to visit me? Personally I believe . I am just not totally tuned in on how to read the signs yet. Working on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning