Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
There are a lot of promising individuals in the world that waiting in the immigration line for years and decades, paying thousands for immigration fees. And why this girl suppose to jump ahead of the line? Just because her parents jumped over the fence?
My morals are very simple: A person and his family does not suppose to enjoy the fruits of a crime. So with all the respect to her ivy league etc, she needs to leave to her country and apply for visa at the USA consulate, like everybody.
So badly written it is hard to find the point.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
So, I am confused...are illegals coming here to live off the taxpayer and collect welfare? Or are they coming here to do the low wage jobs the rest of us don't want? Both arguments are being used, and amusingly often by the same people...so, feel free to pick one and argue it.

Go...........................................
Obviously with so many millions coming there are more than enough to do both.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
What do ya'll think of the Miami girl, who:

* was brought to the United States when she was an infant;
* a valedictorian at her high school
* Ivy-League bound

Do you really think it's conscionable to deport her? Do you think it benefits our society to deport such promising individual due to the "bad" choices her parents made over a decade ago?
Are you trying to claim that no American citizens can be Ivy-League bound? And who is expected to pay for the free Ivy-League education of this illegal? If she's really so promising, she can be every bit as promising in her own country. Americans first.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 PM

398 posts, read 1,365,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I may be poor but I`m not a republican. You just think that anybody who disagrees with you and your entitlement, someone pay my way, I wanna be a slave to the government mentality is a republican. You can label all you want. But what you believe isn`t what this country was founded on.
Lol, ENTITLEMENTS like Corporate BAILOUTS, Insider trading and hiring ILLEGALS off the books?

Repubs WANT entitlements... just not for middle class americans.
Noone is a slave to the Government.
Wealthy Special interest groups OWN the government, that's why they donate SUPER PAC money to the Government.
It's Government that is a slave to wealthy special interest groups.

If the government provides extra Unemployment benefits, SS and Medicare... thats not slavery at all.
These are INSURANCE programs that cost most of us less than we put in so its favorable to us, the people.
Go to a 3rd world country with a government that provides NO benefits for their people... Thats where you find slavery!

ALL modern 1st world countries have government programs to provide for their own people in need.
That's why 1st world Western and 1st world Asian countries have human rights and highest standards of living!

Want to live in a country where there is NO government support programs for their people?
Those countries have a majority population of poor peasants!
You are welcome to move there!

In 1st world countries, the government trusts it's own people while providing benefits that are relatively easy to attain.

Communist 3rd world countries which provide benefits require tight government supervision over who those who receive it, which is what Republicans advocate because they don't trust Americans. To Repubs, many Americans are lazy and need the government drug testing & supervising them like a communist big brother to make sure they "behave."

Oh, and if americans are these worthless lazy people who lives off government entitlements as you Repubs like to portray them... then you just made the PERFECT argument as to why Americans should be REPLACED by new immigrants.. Legal OR Illegal.

Last edited by raymond2; 06-16-2012 at 07:52 PM..

Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
If you can't see on your own why this makes no sense, then I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain to you why you are wrong.
Mash123 made great sense. Are the children of tax evaders, bank embezzlers, shoplifters, con artists being given big rewards because their parents made a choice to break the laws?

It is exactly like saying that the children of some embezzler or other became accustomed to having a lot of money and therefore are entitled to keep on having it.

The other big lie that is often being spread is that there are no universities back in the homelands of these illegals. There are and they are often much more affordable than the ones here.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Are you trying to claim that no American citizens can be Ivy-League bound? And who is expected to pay for the free Ivy-League education of this illegal? If she's really so promising, she can be every bit as promising in her own country. Americans first.
I don't think you know how things work for an Ivy league education for a family is doesn't have much money.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This really isn't your problem. You should look up how educational funding works. An illegal cannot get a Pell grant...

Old 06-16-2012, 06:44 PM

56 posts, read 91,974 times
Hum.....I think some of you might be jealous of people like this Miami girl and me.

This Miami girl didn't get where she is today (Valedictorian and Ivy-League admission) by being lazy and talentless, and that admission letter just got handed to her. Some of you have no idea what kind of effort, dedication, hard work, and talent it takes to be a GREAT student (not to be confused with being a good student) despite adversity.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:49 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
Hum.....I think some of you might be jealous of people like this Miami girl and me.

This Miami girl didn't get where she is today (Valedictorian and Ivy-League admission) by being lazy and talentless, and that admission letter just got handed to her. Some of you have no idea what kind of effort, dedication, hard work, and talent it takes to be a GREAT student (not to be confused with being a good student) despite adversity.
What is there to be jealous about? Are you trying to take a stab at the rest of us with your "GREAT" vs "good" student comment?

Old 06-16-2012, 06:52 PM

56 posts, read 91,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What is there to be jealous about?

Geting into an Ivy-League school is an acomplishment that's not unreasonble to imagine that can cause jealousy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration