Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times

Advertisements

Americans need to demand that the illegals be held accountable in spite of the crooked politicians, Obama may think he can do what he wants to help the illegals but we can stop it by making it a major headache for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That's an excellent question. Have we become so incredibly weak as a nation, that we are willing to allow a foreign incursion to dictate our policies? If so, heaven forbid radical Muslims become "the fastest growing minority" and blackmail politicians into supporting Sharia Law. After all, if one group can succeed at bullying to get their way, why not others?

I predict Republicans will indeed cave in. Let's not forget, Hispanics are now seen as THE group to appease. Like Democrats, Republicans will support amnesty or anything else perceived as important to Hispanics to improve their chances of getting their votes. Never mind the fact that illegal immigration is the primary reason for their unprecedented growth. Actually, I think there will be a concerted effort to see which party can out-pander the other. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Only time will tell.
Exactly. Since when are foreign nationals supposed to dictate American public policy, let alone American immigration law? Would we force women into the burka if Muslims immigrated here? So why are we forcing Americans to accommodate the economic desires of Mexico's lazy, arrogant, racist, dysfunctional underclass?

Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Exactly. Since when are foreign nationals supposed to dictate American public policy, let alone American immigration law? Would we force women into the burka if Muslims immigrated here? So why are we forcing Americans to accommodate the economic desires of Mexico's lazy, arrogant, racist, dysfunctional underclass?
This is exactly why we have become the laughingstock of the world. Make no mistake, our enemies are just sitting by waiting for our demise. If we allow illegals to continue to ride roughshod over us, how on earth can we even call ourselves a sovereign nation? Our pandering, slimeball politicians are destroying this country for the sake of cheap labor and votes from their supporters. We are now nothing but a free-for-all for the world's parasitic underclass. Third-world status is imminent.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is exactly why we have become the laughingstock of the world. Make no mistake, our enemies are just sitting by waiting for our demise. If we allow illegals to continue to ride roughshod over us, how on earth can we even call ourselves a sovereign nation? Our pandering, slimeball politicians are destroying this country for the sake of cheap labor and votes from their supporters. We are now nothing but a free-for-all for the world's parasitic underclass. Third-world status is imminent.
Agreed and I'm worried. Tho many Americans DO have guns and WILL fight back IF it really does hit the fan. I just hope that sanity comes back to Wash DC 1st.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually for an incumbent president, Obama did not do especially well. This was clearly no landslide.

And he's promised far too much -- no way can he begin to fulfill all those promises.

To the Americans he's promised to fix the economy -- to create them many millions of jobs.

To the illegals he's promised to rebuild the housing bubble, to create millions of jobs for them in the housing industry -- jobs he says hispanics like.

He really has not plan to create millions of jobs for both 24 million unemployed Americans and the millions of foreigners coming and soon to come. Immigration was up in 2012, it will be up in 2013 especially now that Obama has promised a very big amnesty to all who make it here illegally.

Already today on a popular Mexican radio show there was anger as they said that it was the Mexican vote that has put Obama in the White House twice now and he'd better come through for them now and get them their amnesty and citizenship. One guy was very heated and angry Obama didn't do it in the first year of his first term and another explained that he had to fix the economy first but now it's time and he's convinced it will be the first thing Obama will do now.

I expect protests soon, and violence if they aren't given their way. Like on this show the more insistent guy said to hell with the economy -- Obama had better come up with amnesty quickly.

Oh really. I kept hearing that no incumbent has won with the economy this bad. And here is Obama winning every swing state except for NC. I would say that's a landslide considering most voted on the economy. I don't expect any protests unless of course it's against congress. They were the ones who vetoed the Dream Act.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh really. I kept hearing that no incumbent has won with the economy this bad. And here is Obama winning every swing state except for NC. I would say that's a landslide considering most voted on the economy. I don't expect any protests unless of course it's against congress. They were the ones who vetoed the Dream Act.
Obviously English is not your first language if you think "landslide" means little over half the vote and you lost very large portions of the country. Obama most definitely did not have a landslide and even Bush did better in his second term win as an incumbent.

And there will many turning against Obama in a short time if he fails to create jobs for the 24 million unemployed AMERICANS while he heaps the rewards on all those who have so little respect for this nation and it's people that they will break any law that gets in their way.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Obviously English is not your first language if you think "landslide" means little over half the vote and you lost very large portions of the country. Obama most definitely did not have a landslide and even Bush did better in his second term win as an incumbent.

And there will many turning against Obama in a short time if he fails to create jobs for the 24 million unemployed AMERICANS while he heaps the rewards on all those who have so little respect for this nation and it's people that they will break any law that gets in their way.

Why do you think english is not my first language lol Sorry, I do think he won by a landslide on the electoral vote which is the only thing that counts. Why does Obama have to create jobs. Why can't you get a job on your own without government help. And what laws are people breaking

Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Why do you think english is not my first language lol Sorry, I do think he won by a landslide on the electoral vote which is the only thing that counts. Why does Obama have to create jobs. Why can't you get a job on your own without government help. And what laws are people breaking
Then why did Obama promise to create millions of jobs? Most jobs are not going to Americans, because Obama has thrown open the borders and refuses to have federal laws enforced. It's not really about love of the illegals -- it's that his beloved elites want the ultra cheap labor -- that's why under Obama, the poor have grown in numbers and the rich have gotten much richer -- the income gap has grown very much under Obama.

The illegals aren't exactly a people who ever did anything for their own countries -- the best thing they did for their country was leave it -- and their governments most definitely do not want them ever returning.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Then why did Obama promise to create millions of jobs? Most jobs are not going to Americans, because Obama has thrown open the borders and refuses to have federal laws enforced. It's not really about love of the illegals -- it's that his beloved elites want the ultra cheap labor -- that's why under Obama, the poor have grown in numbers and the rich have gotten much richer -- the income gap has grown very much under Obama.

The illegals aren't exactly a people who ever did anything for their own countries -- the best thing they did for their country was leave it -- and their governments most definitely do not want them ever returning.

You blame it on Obama but what president actually opened the borders. Can you name him. Obviously not since you are blaming Obama.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
You blame it on Obama but what president actually opened the borders. Can you name him. Obviously not since you are blaming Obama.
I was very much against Bush but Obama has not corrected any of Bush's mistakes -- in fact Obama is promising the illegals that he will pour big money into recreating the housing bubble because they like those jobs. Just what lead us into recession in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration