Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:18 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times

Advertisements

No Americans lose jobs to Mexicans. None! No Americans want to do that work anyway. We do not wish to hot roof in the summer, clean motel rooms, wash dishes or do construction labour jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 05:40 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
There are no Mexicans where I live and all those jobs are getting done

Old 12-24-2007, 05:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No Americans lose jobs to Mexicans. None! No Americans want to do that work anyway. We do not wish to hot roof in the summer, clean motel rooms, wash dishes or do construction labour jobs.
I do not wish to pull wrenches in the middle of summer either; it is my choice to do so because the $$$ is there and I have some autonomy.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:04 PM

902 posts, read 718,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Of course they are getting done. Anyone that says that Mexicans aren't taking Americans' jobs is either a liar or quite naive and ignorant of the real problems the illegals have been and are posing to this country.

Last edited by Ozark-Baby; 12-24-2007 at 06:50 PM..

Old 12-24-2007, 06:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
just where do you live? And do you need a banker?

Old 12-24-2007, 06:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
We do not wish to hot roof in the summer, clean motel rooms, wash dishes or do construction labour jobs.

Horse Hockey!!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:47 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Sorry but only incompetent people have their jobs stolen by people who do not have even papers to work legally. Have you ever heard of education?

Don't appear that education has helped you much at all making a statement like this. Perhaps you should get out more often.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:51 PM

902 posts, read 718,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Don't appear that education has helped you much at all making a statement like this. Perhaps you should get out more often.
There is a lot of ignorance or people just acting like they are naive when it comes to pro-illegals who love criminals as so many in here do.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:54 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
So, low end low paying jobs are lost. How many Electrical Engineers, architects, college professors, computer engineers, airline pilots, Website designers have lost their jobs.

A hundred years ago men were complaining about the horseless carriages taking away good jobs, not nearly the need for manure shovelers, harness makers, farriers.

Saddle making was a good and honorable skilled job. Not much market for saddle makers anymore.

Times change, needs change, if you are not willing to change you may go right under the bus.

As far as any meaningful change to immigration policy, it will happen when the oligarchs that run this country want it to happen, not because of the whining by the powerless citizenry.

Low end?

I made $35.00 an hour plus retirement, insurance and bonuses.

I wouldn't exactly call that picking fruit, but then again, I guess that to someone of your caliber, $72,500 a year is nothing more than pocket change. However, for me--the drop from $72,500 a year to waitresses wages was kind of a letdown. I lost my truck, my house, and my kids no longer saw their mom on a regular basis because I was too busy working a day shift as a 911 operator and a night shift as a bartender in order to keep a roof over their heads.

But hey, I was nothing more than an unskilled American working a low end occupation anyway, so who the hell cares?

Old 12-24-2007, 09:57 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
I've done everyone of those jobs except roofing, and I'd do that if it paid a living wage.

That's nothing more than a b*llsh*t excuse spouted endlessly by illegal alien sympathizers.

Frankly, you people need to come up with a new mantra. Nobody believes that old one any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration