Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
Actually you have to be an American citizen to collect welfare, because of the fact that you have to have a valid I.D. and social security card (number). So that argument can just go out the window.

I have been reading this thread and I think we need to maintain low tones
I hear and understand that some say this is not a racial issue but...the OP was asking from a race perspective. I am mixed and I have a so-so opinion on the subject. Not ALL of illegals are bad, or take jobs or commiting crime, they just want something better than what is waiting for them back home. Wasn't that the whole point of founding the U.S. But, I can also see the argument of Hispanic gangs (mostly illegal) targeting blacks and black gangs. If the gangs want to wipe each other out then I am all for it (that sounds horrible but so be it) but I am not ok with innocents being attacked. This is a federal issue that cannot somehow be solved.
Just be aware you will be branded an "illegal alien" lover and unpatriotic for holding those reasonable views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Actually you have to be an American citizen to collect welfare, because of the fact that you have to have a valid I.D. and social security card (number). So that argument can just go out the window.
This is not the case in Az - State funded welfare benefits, including housing had, up until recently, be available to everyone - including illegal immigrants. That rule has now changed though

BTW - you don't have to be a "citizen" to qualify for Federal welfare - you have to be a "lawful resident" -

Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
You also must be 'authorized' to legally work in this country, but that hasn't prevented millions of illegals from working here. The same illegal tactics used to work in this country (stolen/fake SSN's, forged documents, etc.) are used to illegally receive benefits. These tactics have become a staple of illegal alien life in this country, and document forgers are amassing great fortunes in the process. I’ll close that window for you.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
The black people who compete with illegal immigrants for jobs sometimes have major beef with them. Los Angeles, Memphis, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Miami. It's a big issue for African Americans in large cities, probably one of the biggest. If you don't live in a large Latino/black populated urban city, you wouldn't know this. I live in Los Angeles.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You also must be 'authorized' to legally work in this country, but that hasn't prevented millions of illegals from working here. The same illegal tactics used to work in this country (stolen/fake SSN's, forged documents, etc.) are used to illegally receive benefits. These tactics have become a staple of illegal alien life in this country, and document forgers are amassing great fortunes in the process. I’ll close that window for you.
Hands Benicar the staple gun..........

Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The black people who compete with illegal immigrants for jobs sometimes have major beef with them. Los Angeles, Memphis, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Miami. It's a big issue for African Americans in large cities, probably one of the biggest. If you don't live in a large Latino/black populated urban city, you wouldn't know this. I live in Los Angeles.
Wrong! Competing against illegal aliens concerns me as much as being abducted by green antennae-bearing Martians. One need not fear having a job stolen by illegals to vehemently oppose their presence.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hands Benicar the staple gun..........

Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I see the phrase 'Heavy Duty' on said staple gun............playin' hardball, ain't we?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,872,703 times
Default Poor Blacks and Hispanics in Chicago

Most of the poor blacks in Chicago complain about how Hispanics are taking their jobs and how the govt is putting the hispanics, particularly Mexicans, in front of them.

These are the same people that complain about everthing, though. Entitlement is so ingrained in their culture that many do not know what it is like to go out there and get stuff on their own. They are basically greedy and spoiled, expecting the govt to take care of them. They see illegals coming in and getting free health care and realize that some of that money is being diverted away from programs that subsidize their existence.

When Wal-Mart came to Chicago, it came to a mostly black neighborhood. I have seen 2 hispanics working there and maybe 500 blacks working there even though Hispanics are about 2/3 of their business. Blacks are about 1/3 of their business. You also have token white and asian people like me who stop in to get cheap groceries. Hispanics were clearly not given first consideration when they were doing the hiring. The alderman is black and made sure her constituents were served first, which is only natural, especially in big cities like Chicago.

Many of the blacks complain about how they are losing jobs but many are not willing to work at McDonald's for min. wage ($7.50/hr here in Chicago). I believe Wal-Mart pays slightly better, maybe 9-10/hr. I told one of my black neighbors I would help him find a job at my bank if he kept his Wal-Mart job 6 months. He weekly reminds me of this and has been there 3 months. I will honor my promise.

The true is, Americans, whether black or white, don't want to work minimum wage jobs that many Mexicans are willing to do. Would you want to be like one of my neighbors who makes $7.50/hr and carries heavy boxes all day to the point where he is nearly disabled with no benefits?

I know I wouldn't.

For those blacks (and whites) willing to work they have nothing to fear from illegal immigrants. For those still stuck with entitlement mentality and fear competing with illegals for federal vouchers and subsidies I wish you would go complain to someone else.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
Quote:
For those blacks (and whites) willing to work they have nothing to fear from illegal immigrants. For those still stuck with entitlement mentality and fear competing with illegals for federal vouchers and subsidies I wish you would go complain to someone else.
I live in town that gets by very good (thank you very much) without a illegal work force. We dont need illegals, and dont want them. If you are a new immigrant and are legal you are welcome with open arms. Please dont send us any of your illegals. We dont need all the headaches associated with their presense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration