Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 09:57 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,936 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I wonder if we forced our corporations to either pull warehouses and assembly plants out of places like Juarez, OR forced them to pay the workers at least OUR minimum wage to do their jobs, if people wouldn't be so inclined to jump the border to look for work in the lower 48.

As far as I'm concerned WE are part of the problem for supporting companies that pay extremely low wages just across the border to exploit people that still live in Mexico.

Granted I don't like footing the bill for people taking advantage of the system, illegal or not, but I've been down there (to Mexico) several times, and if I was born there I'd probably try to get into the US also.

It's a complicated problem, but it all goes down to the root of the main problem, and that is greed.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrado View Post
Unfortunately, for every rational, insightful poster in these topics, there are two crazy, racist, xenophobic ones. I hope a forum topic like this isn't a bellwether for the big world out there... I'd like to think instead that the internet can sometimes be a haven for the crazy folks. Something about the anonymity allows some people to just spew whatever ignorant bile laying inside of them.
Sadly, the web is quite representative of the average. At one time it was the opposite but the advances of the GUI and "Point & click" made it possible for even the slowest to participate.

To give the devil his due, most of the regurgitated bile is from internet sources. Many people are simply naive and believe all the stuff they see on the net. The prettier the page, the more believable. Then we get to wiki, the most commonly sourced source and without a doubt the least reliable. For some reason, people are prone to believe it if it looks cool. Just once, I'd like to see someone link to a text document of actual fact instead of some really cool looking page to try to prove their irrational point.

I don't think people in general are stupid but they do tend to believe just about anything they're told no matter how irrational. They're more prone to believe what they want to be true than face facts.

Of course they also believe they are anonymous on the internet but if they knew how untrue that was, they'd be on their best behavior at all times whilst surfing.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 PM

210 posts, read 1,139,315 times
Actually they believe by 2050 that the majority of the U.S will be Hispanic. Its already happened in states like California, Texas, and New Mexico and its happening in Florida. Diversity is great for America but too much of a foriegn influnece is killing American culture.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:12 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,340 times
When this happens in my part of the country I plan on moving to Maine or Vermont, the states that are still >95% white and there is virtually no crime.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:09 PM

202 posts, read 1,075,252 times
With all of Lou dobb's rantings, he ended up with a mexican wife

Old 07-05-2008, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,319 times
Default Yes, They Will

Hispanics WILL take over the United States. This is NOT a joke.
I live in Lake Worth, FL. This city and Lantana used to be predominantly Finnish communities. We have a Finnish library, Finnish consulate, a Finnish church, a Finnish nursing home, streets with Finnish names, Finnish shops, Finn Fest is held here every year, etc.

And yet, you can't get by on Finnish anymore. Spanish-speaking natives can coast by without learning English. They took over the culture of Lake Worth and Lantana and as a result, most of the Finns went back to Finland.

The United States is not "multicultural," it is "dual cultural," Hispanic and White American. The Haitian immigrants that speak French and Creole aren't accommodated nearly as much as the Hispanic immigrants. Nor are the African, Asian or European immigrants. It's a Hispanic monopoly and will continue to be so.

I don't care how "racist" or "politically incorrect" it sounds but illegal aliens are a threat to American culture, the English language and our values.

And don't EVER confuse "immigrants" with "illegal aliens." They are not the same! Immigrants legally come to the U.S. and at least make an ATTEMPT to learn English and somewhat assimilate into the culture.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
Why is it that almost everything we purchase is labeled in both english and spanish ? And the spanish pages in info booklets outnumber the english. Sometimes I have a hard time finding the english on the item ! Is it this way in spanish speaking countries ? Does all their merchandise have an equal amount of english on them ?
I have never been to one, so I do not know.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
When this happens in my part of the country I plan on moving to Maine or Vermont, the states that are still >95% white and there is virtually no crime.
VERMONT is full of pedophiles, including some judges, that allow them to go scot free! Very recently, an 11 year-old-girl has disappeared, according to NY news.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
OK, I'm not trying to insult you, but these people actually do think that someday, they will take over the western United States. Just look up Aztlan. Also, on a youtube video, there were some crazy people in LA at one of their stupid rallies holding up a sign reading 'THIS IS OUR CONTINENT, NOT YOURS!" Notice the word continent. So basically, these illegals are no longer just interested in the Southwest, but they want Canada and Alaska, too! It is unbelievable.

I'm not saying its going to happen, it's just that these people can actually come to a country illegally, supposedly looking for a "better life" and then shove these signs in our faces, knowing we can't do anythign about it, because it is, after all, freedom of speech.
I read about a KKK march once, apparently all White people are actually racists.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam721 View Post
I cant believe some people here dont take this seriously they are a threat to natioal security. I live in southern california so I know whats going on. They dont respect this country and what it stands for. Thousands of americans die yearly as a result of illegal immigrants not just here but in there countries too. 80% of children born in this country are immigrant children. To actually debate if the border should stay open or not is so stupid. I have posted about this before see "Lets hear it for sheriff joe" thread in phoenix forum and see for yourself.
Please, please, leave Southern California out of this, it happens to be exceedingly prejudiced against anyone that is not lily white, particularly, the Mexicans, and anyone who speaks Spanish. Most of whom have built their cities, and without them, many businesses will suffer. I am not even Mexican, but I am of Hispanic descent, very light skin, blue eyes, natural blond hair, and the moment many people have picked up my accent, I have picked up lots of bias from them. So imagine how a person of Mexican descent may feel there in a daily basis! As a matter of fact, the Head of the White Aryan Nation makes his headquarters, in Sandpoint, Idaho, and his residence in Fallbrook, California, which is North San Diego County, and has brainwashed many people there to be bias against anyone who is Hispanic. Also, try to rent an apartment in a good area of Orange County, with a Hispanic accent, even though you maybe middle-class, well-dressed, educated, and behave appropriately, and you will see what mean, even if you are not Mexican!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration