Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,706,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And MEChA etc. keep enabling the White supremacy of Hispanic culture by embracing it-------yet will never admit to it.
Interesting.......

Old 09-18-2008, 03:35 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,133 times
Something to remember:

Nearly 80% of Mexico's population is Mestizo, that is, their ancestry consists of native Mesoamerican Indian and European Spanish.

Very few Mexicans of purely Spanish ancestry are flocking to the U.S. illegally in droves. In Mexican society, they are the very cream of the crop--generally the aristocracy, the rich, those in power.

Regardless of what people may have said on this forum, there is a definite racially based caste system in Mexico. Very few Mestizos are in the upper division of that caste system.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Something to remember:

Nearly 80% of Mexico's population is Mestizo, that is, their ancestry consists of native Mesoamerican Indian and European Spanish.

Very few Mexicans of purely Spanish ancestry are flocking to the U.S. illegally in droves. In Mexican society, they are the very cream of the crop--generally the aristocracy, the rich, those in power.

Regardless of what people may have said on this forum, there is a definite racially based caste system in Mexico. Very few Mestizos are in the upper division of that caste system.
The Mexican telenovelas drive that point home: few 'people of color' are portrayed---------let alone in positions of power.

Suffice to say: if I were a 'brown' Mexican--------I would be both hurt and offended.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,706,819 times
Quote:
The Mexican telenovelas drive that point home: few 'people of color' are portrayed---------let alone in positions of power.

Suffice to say: if I were a 'brown' Mexican--------I would be both hurt and offended.
There were a couple of running subplots in a Mexican children's telenovela I used to watch where all the kids were white or very light mestizo except for one black kid (whose only aspiration in the world was to become white) and one Japanese kid (who wore a kamikaze headband).

Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
There were a couple of running subplots in a Mexican children's telenovela I used to watch where all the kids were white or very light mestizo except for one black kid (whose only aspiration in the world was to become white) and one Japanese kid (who wore a kamikaze headband).
That is so sad.

And; MEChA et al have the nerve to call us Gringoes racist?

Can someone say: pot kettle black?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:48 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,377 times
Quote:
That is so sad.

And; MEChA et al have the nerve to call us Gringoes racist?

Can someone say: pot kettle black?
Have you seen Memin Penguin??? The racism against blacks in Mexico is atrocious!! And yes, they bring it HERE!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Have you seen Memin Penguin??? The racism against blacks in Mexico is atrocious!! And yes, they bring it HERE!

Damn.

Those cartoons would make the KKK blush------------they are that offensive IMHO.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:44 PM

499 posts, read 1,529,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Why is the media so ignorant about immigration and race?
People in the media probably know better. They are just pandering to the average U.S. citizen who IS very ignorant about issues of ethnicity, race, and nationality. I wish I had a dollar for every stupid comment I've heard over the years such as "Mexican...Puerto Rican...Colombian...they're all the same".

One thing that school children should be taught from kindergarten on is that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:46 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,133 times
Quote:
Damn.

Those cartoons would make the KKK blush------------they are that offensive IMHO.
I can't even look at that stuff. Two of my grandbabies are bi-racial and that sort of blatant racism makes me livid....

Old 09-20-2008, 07:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,297 times
Quote:
I place a lot of the blame on so-called Hispanic advocacy organizations who want as many 'bodies' to further their various causes.

Too: being that most North American Latinos are indeed Indian or Mestizo; they prefer being referred to as 'Hispanic' along with their White Mexican, etc. countrymen due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture-----------many of the former are ashamed or hate Indians. The standard of beatuy in both Mexican and Spain is white skin and blue eyes.
Well like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Do you know how many times you have posted the exact same thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration