Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 07:28 PM

391 posts, read 872,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Trust me: we are not backing down either.................the pendulum is swinging against the illegals and their enablers.

It is starting to become rather dangerous to be caught here in the USA if you are here illegally
this is all you ever say. you sound like you are threatening her. She does NOTHING illegal nor I and we are US citizens, Now poof you no longer exist to me like andrea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes there was a time that the Americans worked hard for their money,
then in later years they thought they were worth more than they actually were and started demanding more money, and we are talking about the low paying jobs unskilled labor. The employers finally got tired of it and the demands of their employees and started using the Illegals that were willing to work hard for less and outsourcing the jobs to other countries.
So everyone that has their panties in a knot can look at themselves for what has taken place.
I agree 1000% SASSY

Old 09-14-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I don't want criminals here either. I do imagine though that Kele was dishing it out and getting it back.
I live in a border town too, in fact actually not too far from AZbear.
I have met illegals and have never had anything happen to me that others complain about. I have met many of the border patrol. It may come as a shock to some peoples systems but, it is not illegal to offer the illegals food, water and first aid, period. It is illegal to transport them of which I never have and they usually would ask me to call the border patrol and wanted to go home. There are different experiences with different people. They have not had a bad impact on my life.
You mentioned the raping of women, I'm sure that has happened, if a US citizen raped someone would you think all Americans should be deported? No, that would be silly, but if this country does not come to some kind of compromise, it will just get uglier and it will go both ways, Americans and Mexicans.

Well said sassy you know how it works

Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Wow, a little touchy, aren't we? After spending a minute or two attempting to decipher that little paragraph, I have this to say.

Since when does an educator disregard all rules of writing, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization simply because they are posting on a forum?

There are plenty of college educated, intelligent people posting on this forum. You don't have to dumb it down for the rest of us, I assure you, should you actually decide to follow Hacker's Rules for Writing, the rest of us will do our best to keep up.

I showed your postings to my fiance, who has a Ph.D. in Renaissance Literature and is a college professor at a well known University. He nearly fell off of the couch. He's willing to up the ante and see our keyboard and printer and raise you his Ph.D. diploma. With your current writings, you couldn't even pass his freshman Comp course.

By the way, I've never claimed to have a M.A. I said that I was in my Master's program. You've supposedly been through one of those. You should know the difference between a Bachelor's and a Master's.

And it's grammar, not grammer.
Oh as I bow down to kiss the feet the the Queen and her prof I would just like to say I will post what and how i want and you an think what you wish. That being said. Poof you too are gone

Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Good riddance; chey2u.

I used to block your kind of pro illegal lovers---------not anymore.

Just remember that since I can see you; if you say something derogatory, I can and will Report you if needed

Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
This is what I mean by flaming I am called all sorts of names moderators do nothing. The list is just in part of what you all have said to me or about me or others who disagree with you
Quoting myself, allow me to remind you of a few of your shining moments.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Thus sayeth chey...

"LOL you are such and dumb one."
"And they sais I am the retarded one."
"I pity your ignorance "
"If I am a troll then you are one of those guys who shoot illegals on the spot."
"You've been camping way to long and know zip."
"oooooooooooohhhhh yes I forgot Bear knows everything. Does he work or just sit at the pc all day with no family or friends? I think the latter."
"some are just thick headed not to see the trees for the forest"
"Maybe you hear voices in your head."

Just a few little chey-isms to assist you in remembering the ancient Chinese proverb, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Oh as I bow down to kiss the feet the the Queen and her prof I would just like to say I will post what and how i want and you an think what you wish. That being said. Poof you too are gone
Couldn't of said it better, my own self. i say to each his oan, and a person has a write to his option. just like everyone else should of had if he had his way.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
An enabler is anyone who assists these people in breaking our laws.
That would be sheltering them, providing them a place to stay.
Anyone who knowingly uses an illegal for laber and pays them under the table is an enabler.
Anyone who knows for a fact that an individual or family are illegals and do not report them. Are enablers.
Anyone who makes excuses in an attempt to validate what illegals do is an enabler. You sassy are an enabler because you do make excuses for them, you defend their practices and call legals greedy lazy and less skilled. Do you remember your post where you questioned not only work ethic but also quality of work provided by legals? You should it is pretty much a pro-illegal canned answer and you have said these things.

Sassy does Nothing and I repeat Nothing illegal. We are humanitarians but by no means doing anything our Gov't feels is illegal. Oh and watch your spelling and grammar while it does not bother me there are other who think they are god like people & who feel we dumb it down. Even dumming it down they do not get it.

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Goddess will do nicely. Yes I will continue to think what I wish, in that you are correct. You can look to another thread to see what I think of a possessor of a supposed Master's degree in Education who cannot or will not punctuate the simplest of sentences

Apparently, I have not yet spontaneously combusted. So sorry your little poof thing misfired. Guess you'll have to put us all on ignore, eh?

Oh the humiliation of it all, but then again, you'd run out of people to argue with if you ignored each and every one of us who disagree with you. However, it would open the door to an all sassy and chey, all the time, love fest....oh the possibilities!

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
No, MY money going to illegal immigrants is taking from my children, MY money to cover closed down hospitals, MY money to pay welfare for illegals is taking from my children, MY money to educate their children in their own language, MY money to ultimately build a school every day of the year to educate their children. Your supporting MY money going for illegals in these areas is taking from my children. These decisions hurt all American citizens' and ultimately their children. You can support financially any cause you want to, except that your sympathy spills over onto me.

You suggest Americans and their children need to lower their standard of living so illegal immigrants can have a better life. I will not support that at all. I get to choose who I give my money to, unless the government forces me to do so, which it is, and which I am fighting very hard against. I am fully aware there are sympathetic groups financially supporting illegals and their cause, that teachers are rushing to educate their children, that California is opening its arms to them, and going into huge debt to do so. I object to my taxes doing so, and my taxes being raised to do so, and the taxes of my children's wages being used to do so. How can you say that the government is at fault for not clamping down on illegals, which it is, and then on the other hand say Americans are at fault for refusing to lower their standard of living so illegals can have more. Which is it, or is it both in your mind?

Why can't they come here, become legal, pay their own way, or at least try to. Or even if they can't pay their own way, why not at least seek to be legal and support America. What about American citizens who need financial assistance here? There's plenty of people who, through no fault of their own, need our help. For example, children, elderly, need medical care. Illegal immigrants can walk into a hospital and get full treatment, not even have to discuss how they're going to pay--not so for American citizens. They're harassed, hounded, threatened, even if they make minimum wage.

The people who support illegals being here are the ones who should pay for their support, starting with their employers and the politicians like Nancy Pelosi. I guarantee if that logical option came to pass, the support for illegals would dry up instantly. That, to me, is the ultimate hypocrisy.
I understand carolac that you are very upset. I am a mother too and my children have always been a blessing. I believe you might have read my post wrong. I do not think any American should have to lower their standards so illegals have it easier. The ones that bother me are the
children. I'm talking about the ones that are living in Mexico and are living at the dump, just like a dump anywhere. They sift through the dump to sell the metal or whatever is what I was told. To some here if it does not affect them personally then they just do not care about another human being. I myself cannot do that and never have been able to.
The interesting thing I have discovered is, when I lived in Oregon, I felt like the anti-illegals here and was rampant about it. When we moved to Arizona that completely changed when I was close to the border. I could see the pain first hand, anyhow that is my feelings and I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration